Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Submission experience!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, just sent out Economy. Expect in maybe 7-8 weeks?

First the Anticipation game.

Then the Hoping game. Hoping PCGS receives it safely? Hoping the 3 coins receive straight grades? Hoping all three receive the grades I expect? Then finally hoping I receive my package safely and on time? Oh, I forgot. Hoping to flip my cherry picks for a decent profit? I'm expecting great things from this submission?
This is the game of Anticipation we all have to deal with when submitting our coins to our dear host, PCGS. This here, is why we all love this "Hobby of Kings". Hoping and then reaping all the emotions and final results of what our collection of coins bring. FUN!!!
Good Luck to all you submitters. -Joey
Thanks guys

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options

Best of luck!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think a submission should be based on "hoping" coins grade or for certain grades.

• Options
    PapiNEPapiNE Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

Hey me too but 12 Morgans at the economy service level. My first submission of 8 coins w/vouchers didn't go well and hopefully I've learned how to spot a cleaned coin. Funniest thing is the amount of insurance I paid for that submission. I'm sure PCGS had a good laugh. This batch will be my test. I'm confident 11 are good and one is borderline. Hoping for a New Years return at best. Dang, you like tape huh?

USAF veteran 1984-2005

• Options

@PapiNE said:

Dang, you like tape huh?

Lol. Good Luck, my friend.
    About the tape. Yes, I do! Never can be too secured. :D
    Be sure to let us know the results.
    Thanks

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

7-8 weeks lol.

US Economy on business day 62 here. My buddy's US Econ is on business day 85.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

It strikes me as a high risk submission. You may not get the grades you hope for. You may find out that the coins don't actually bring as much as you hope if you do get "your" grades.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 4 coins in the grading process. The three 2019-W cents and one of the 2020-W nickels.🤞

They have been in grading since 11/3.

Will post updates.😎

• Options
    CopperWireCopperWire Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Does everyone assume that the process includes photography? I feel like the answer to this eternal question is dependent on the complexity of service one desires.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2021 3:10PM

@291fifth said:

You may find out that the coins don't actually bring as much as you hope if you do get "your" grades.

This, I know. This is the risk all submission senders take. Including myself. If I do receive lower grades than I expect. It wouldn't be the first time. Two of my coins, of the three. Have a "parachute" chance. Meaning, if they don't hit the grades I desire. The lower grades will still be very gratifying to me. Thanks ;)

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PapiNE said:
    Hey me too but 12 Morgans at the economy service level. My first submission of 8 coins w/vouchers didn't go well and hopefully I've learned how to spot a cleaned coin. Funniest thing is the amount of insurance I paid for that submission. I'm sure PCGS had a good laugh. This batch will be my test. I'm confident 11 are good and one is borderline. Hoping for a New Years return at best. Dang, you like tape huh?

if you post pictures here, we can help you determine cleaned coins and coins worth grading

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

7-8 weeks? You must not have been paying attention.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2021 3:39PM

@DelawareDoons said:
    7-8 weeks lol.

US Economy on business day 62 here. My buddy's US Econ is on business day 85.

Business day 69 here. Also economy.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, my oldest submission is still grading at 118 calendar days. 7 weeks would be a blessing, but then again, you have the big nice guy on your side o:) , and I have a feeling, I don't. >:)

• Options
    edited November 15, 2021 5:55PM

My Previous Submission

Sent out Aug 30.
    Received Nov. 8
    50 business days! Not even counting the Holidays in between the above dates.

Sorry for the blurry pics.

No Long Wait Here?

:*

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Joey. Keep on having fun. Its worth more than coins ever will be.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just found the paperwork on my first submission. 2009. I miss those days.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

My Previous Submission

Sent out Aug 30.
    Received Nov. 8
    50 business days! Not even counting the Holidays in between the above dates.

No Long Wait Here?

:*

Joey, congratulations on the Marsh-Billings MS66! Nice!😎

• Options
    edited November 15, 2021 5:35PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Why Thank You, my friend! Yes, this coin is one good example of my description of the "parachute chance". Although, the coin didn't hit that higher grade I was hoping for. It still "fell safely" (like a parachute) to bring a satisfying value. Just as the other coin, 2020 W Tallgrass Prairie, did to a nice profit also.
    Thanks again. :)

Example:

My 2020 W Tallgrass Prairie ms 66

PCGS Price Guide

MS 66 / MS 67
    $225 / $750

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think a submission should be based on "hoping" coins grade or for certain grades.

Hope springs eternal,,,,,,,,,
    Without hope a man has nothing,,,,
    I hope I got these quotes correct.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@DNADave said:
    I just found the paperwork on my first submission. 2009. I miss those days.

OK, we see the submission form,,,,,,,, now we need to see the grades,,,,, especially Line #1.

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Why Thank You, my friend! Yes, this coin is one good example of my description of the "parachute chance". Although, the coin didn't hit that higher grade I was hoping for. It still "fell safely" (like a parachute) to bring a satisfying value. Just as the other coin, 2020 W Tallgrass Prairie, did to a nice profit also.

Example:

PCGS Price Guide

MS 66 / MS 67
    $225 / $750

The price guide may say $225 but those coins are going for $75 on eBay. You really should be using realized prices rather than the price guide for making these submission decisions. Of course, that $75 is still enough to make the roll find and submission a profitable venture but you would have been losing money if it came back 65.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2021 7:31PM

@david3142 said:

@joeykoins said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Example:

PCGS Price Guide

MS 66 / MS 67
    $225 / $750

The price guide may say $225 but those coins are going for $75 on eBay. You really should be using realized prices rather than the price guide for making these submission decisions. Of course, that $75 is still enough to make the roll find and submission a profitable venture but you would have been losing money if it came back 65.

Thanks. I am aware of this, thanks. The previous ANA Show in Chicago. I sold three 2020 W Tallgrass Prairie PCGS Quarters, ms 67, ms 66 and ms 65 for $900!
    All three together.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2021 7:37PM

@joeykoins said:

@david3142 said:

@joeykoins said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Example:

PCGS Price Guide

MS 66 / MS 67
    $225 / $750

Thanks. I am aware of this, thanks. The previous ANA Show in Chicago. I sold three 2020 W Tallgrass Prairie PCGS Quarters, ms 67, ms 66 and ms 65 for $900!
    All three together.

You tell'em Joey!🤣😂 Don't let these negative Nellies break your spirit!😎

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like the amount of time it takes to get coins graded by PCGS has now eclipsed my desire to get coins graded by PCGS.
    69 business days???
    Cmon man.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to join myself and stop piggybacking with others.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2021 10:10PM

The sooner you submit them,,,,,,,,, the sooner you get them back.....

I expect grades this week on my 2 piece 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagles.

I see PR70 DCAM on the horizon,,,,,,,,,

In the coming weeks I have
    reverse proof sets of silver eagles
    2021-W uncirculated silver eagles and I rounded the submission out with 6 2019-W UNCIRCULATED Lincoln Cents to make a total of 10 pcs so I can get my PCGS Medal.

Arriving this week at PCGS are my 2021-P & S Morgan's & Peace Dollars.
    My 2021-D coins were not worthy of submission and I got shut-out on the "0" & "CC" privy mark coins. :/

• Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

I just sent in my 2021 Peace & Morgans. To ensure that they all graded as 70s, I touched them up with a brillo pad before shipping!

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options

@DCW said:
    I feel like the amount of time it takes to get coins graded by PCGS has now eclipsed my desire to get coins graded by PCGS.
    69 business days???
    Cmon man.

my last arrival came under 50 business days! Economy too. :*
    Like Rod Steward used to sing, "Some guys have all the Luck!"
    :D

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@DCW said:
    69 business days???
    Cmon man.

my last arrival came under 50 business days! Economy too. :*
    Like Rod Steward used to sing, "Some guys have all the Luck!"
    :D

Rod Stewart!😎

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Rod Stewart!😎

Some guys have all the luck... that can spell! Lol.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

You missed one:
    The anticipation of whether or not you will have to throw down with the guy in line at the post office.
    I sent my latest order off today and things went smoothly at the post office. Prior visit not so much!
    My post office doesn’t keep registered mail blanks on the counter in line. So you have to stand in line until it’s your turn just to get the paperwork and be told to fill it out and then come back to the front of line.
    Inevitably, a very much unaware person is now at the front of the line once you’re done and you step in front of him.
    So this guy says hey man this is the front of the line and the back of the line is back there! I’m already about half cocked by this point too so rather than explain all the great details of why I have come to the front line I just say yeah I know! Lol.

I can literally feel his intensity as he’s squirming behind me so I turn around and look him straight in the eye and said wtf are you gonna do about it?

Lol, this guy starts huffin and puffin calling me names. And you can tell he is ready to throw down. We exchanged a few more kind words and then I looked over at the service attendant who was trying his damnedest not to crack up. Well anyway he went away barking and I was like meow.

My last order a few months ago took about five weeks but I did not send it economy and never do.

Also, I have learned not to get my hopes up too high. The grades come they are what they are, try harder next time :-)

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    You missed one:
    The anticipation of whether or not you will have to throw down with the guy in line at the post office.
    I sent my latest order off today and things went smoothly at the post office. Prior visit not so much!
    My post office doesn’t keep registered mail blanks on the counter in line. So you have to stand in line until it’s your turn just to get the paperwork and be told to fill it out and then come back to the front of line.

Next time you mail a registered package why can't you get 1/2 a dozen registered slips and take them home and then have them filled out when you get to the counter? My Post Office gives me all I want.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea and a much safer approach. In fact I'll go pick some up before my next submission to avoid the drama.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins.... Best of luck with your submission. I know you will post the results when available... Hope your expectations are rewarded. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    I have 4 coins in the grading process. The three 2019-W cents and one of the 2020-W nickels.🤞

They have been in grading since 11/3.

Will post updates.😎

Yes! Great coins to send out. Hope you too, receive those high valued grades. The "W" program, in the Quarter ATB Series. Are still RED HOT! So glad I did accumulate all the ones I have in my collection, such as yourself. Not as many as you but a very good quantity. I wish they never stopped the program. So much fun hunting for those little gems in the bank rolls. FREE MONEY!
    :)<3B)
    Good Luck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file