Options

2020 Dual Grading Group Sub

1235»

Comments

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Great news! No idea what I have in this sub, but lmk if I need to take another upcharge bullet or two :D

• Options

Well I thought it would pop today, sorry to get everybody's hopes up

• Options

Spoke too soon, just popped. Check your messages soon when I sort them out.

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks to Jason for taking on the group sub in what turned out to be a crazy situation. I'm stoked with my results and really appreciate all you did to follow this through.

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

Thanks for all your work on this Jason!

• Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

Got my cards today, Thank you Jason for another successful group sub.
    Some highlights:

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

Many thanks again to Jason for heading this up. Here's some of the Rookie Cup autos I got back in the recent sub.

I love that they slabbed his nickname auto "Dirty Al"

Inventor of the dab - Jay Buhner

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jason.. Thanks again for running this sub. The wait was worth it. Here's a couple of my highlights.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    cor3y7cor3y7 Posts: 28 ✭✭

Yes, thank you very much, Jason, for organizing this and following through on this long journey. I hope you'll consider doing another group sub in the future.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

So no word on the lost cards? How long does it take for the Post Master to watch a video?

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

I have done everything on my end, here is the search request:

• Options

Any word? Been almost a month.... Hopefully PSA has flagged these serial numbers too since this is their board and was done with I am assuming their approval.

Collector Focus

• Options

PSA does not flag serial numbers, you would have to do that on your own .....

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

Thats not true they flagged a Griffey in my collection that they thought was part of a counterfeit ring. Had to send it in to get it inspected so I could register it.
    How can I flag a PSA number? If they flag it and in a few weeks or years someone goes to register it then they can have it returned to its proper owner.

Collector Focus

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

Many years ago (15 or so?) I bought a 1998 SP Manning die cut RC PSA 10....never got it. I still have the cert # in my inventory but have never rcvd a "request" to delete from my inventory.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

@azvike said:
    Many years ago (15 or so?) I bought a 1998 SP Manning die cut RC PSA 10....never got it. I still have the cert # in my inventory but have never rcvd a "request" to delete from my inventory.

like with your card, I am sure these "missing" cards will be cracked out of their holders, thus removing connection to PSA...

• Options

@jackstraw said:

@lawyer05 said:

Thats not true they flagged a Griffey in my collection that they thought was part of a counterfeit ring. Had to send it in to get it inspected so I could register it.
    How can I flag a PSA number? If they flag it and in a few weeks or years someone goes to register it then they can have it returned to its proper owner.

well somneone must have reported the griffey counterfeit ring, etc. ....

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@jackstraw said:

@lawyer05 said:

well somneone must have reported the griffey counterfeit ring, etc. ....

OK thanks..

Collector Focus

• Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to do everything on my end, from having the postmaster ask and check if the package are in the boxes next to mine, talk to the 3 employees that work there, very small postoffice. I asked the question when is it labeled delivered to the PO Box and they said once the package has arrived they will scan it delivered but don't know why it wasn't in my box. I have the largest size PO Box as well so hard to miss it.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

@lilmule said:
    I'm trying to do everything on my end, from having the postmaster ask and check if the package are in the boxes next to mine, talk to the 3 employees that work there, very small postoffice. I asked the question when is it labeled delivered to the PO Box and they said once the package has arrived they will scan it delivered but don't know why it wasn't in my box. I have the largest size PO Box as well so hard to miss it.

since it is a small post office, it seems like the number of potential "culprits" is pretty limited...there isn't tracking that says which employee made the notation that the box was placed into your PO Box?

• Options

Get the local police involved. That will usually spur some additional action. If you feel bad doing so, just tell the PO that you need a police report number for insurance purposes.

• Options

So I assume that I will never see my cards and/or any restitution now that it has been radio silent for 40 days? I suppose PSA is going to throw their hands up and say it's not their problem even though it was through their board that was the vehicle for this group sub? How about some free subs after all I only lost 800 dollars worth of cards!! I suppose nobody cares except me and @Kepper19? I love being ripped off it gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling inside !

Collector Focus

• Options

@jackstraw said:
    So I assume that I will never see my cards and/or any restitution now that it has been radio silent for 40 days? I suppose PSA is going to throw their hands up and say it's not their problem even though it was through their board that was the vehicle for this group sub? How about some free subs after all I only lost 800 dollars worth of cards!! I suppose nobody cares except me and @Kepper19? I love being ripped off it gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling inside !

Your loss is certainly unfortunate but your beef is with the USPS not Jason or PSA. The cards were delivered to your post office, I'm sure you were offered a chance to buy insurance.

• Options

@Huggyface said:

@jackstraw said:

Your loss is certainly unfortunate but your beef is with the USPS not Jason or PSA. The cards were delivered to your post office, I'm sure you were offered a chance to buy insurance.

Package was insured on 10/11 it is now 11/20 so yes if I was the purchaser of the insurance I would be able to call the PO in Happy Camp CA which by the way is a town of 900 with what two employees! Yes my cards are gone and yes that's unfortunate but I feel like I should be compensated for the full value of the cards and or in contact with someone on where to mail my check, no?

Collector Focus

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that your beef should not be with Jason. He does the board a great service by organizing these group subs and invests countless hours into organizing it, submitting it, and his exemplary communication throughout the process. With the way PSA is going, and now with this unfortunate situation, I doubt he does one of these subs again. But I hope I’m wrong. Anyway, your beef should be with 1 of those 2 employees you mentioned, who likely stole the cards but is also possibly just grossly incompetent.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

What has the Happy Camp Post Office done in regards to finding the package? Has a police report been filed? When did you report that you didn't receive package? The package shows delivered on Friday October 15 at 2:39 PM. Post Office is open until 5:00 PM and closed Saturday and Sunday. There is really only two scenarios that could have occurred. 1: employee scanned package and kept it. 2: employee scanned package, put in wrong PO Box and that customer kept it. The USPS scanner will show which employee scanned the package (Postal Intranet tracking). How much insurance was on the package when Jason mailed it to you? On the USPS website at the way bottom is a postal inspection link, follow the directions to report a stolen package after the police report is filed. Gather documents to prove the value of your loss (it can't exceed what it was insured for). You have 60 days from October 15th to file.

• Options

@sayheywyo said:
    What has the Happy Camp Post Office done in regards to finding the package? Has a police report been filed? When did you report that you didn't receive package? The package shows delivered on Friday October 15 at 2:39 PM. Post Office is open until 5:00 PM and closed Saturday and Sunday. There is really only two scenarios that could have occurred. 1: employee scanned package and kept it. 2: employee scanned package, put in wrong PO Box and that customer kept it. The USPS scanner will show which employee scanned the package (Postal Intranet tracking). How much insurance was on the package when Jason mailed it to you? On the USPS website at the way bottom is a postal inspection link, follow the directions to report a stolen package after the police report is filed. Gather documents to prove the value of your loss (it can't exceed what it was insured for). You have 60 days from October 15th to file.

All great questions that I can't answer because I sent my cards to another collector to get to the 10 minimum. My problem has never been with Jason and I have never once said that and actually this is the first time I have mentioned his name. But he is the holder of the insurance receipt and we have heard nothing about the cards and it's been 40 days so I am pretty sure the cards are gone and think it's time to make a claim for our restitution. I am sure its going to be peanuts because most of these cards are one of a kind in PSA form so where on Earth am I going to find prices for them or worse receipts for when I bought them? The problem is that there is a POD and unless the one or two employees at Happy Camp come clean I will never see my cards or money so basically it sucks to be me right now.....

Collector Focus

• Options

@jackstraw said:

@sayheywyo said:

All great questions that I can't answer because I sent my cards to another collector to get to the 10 minimum. My problem has never been with Jason and I have never once said that and actually this is the first time I have mentioned his name. But he is the holder of the insurance receipt and we have heard nothing about the cards and it's been 40 days so I am pretty sure the cards are gone and think it's time to make a claim for our restitution. I am sure its going to be peanuts because most of these cards are one of a kind in PSA form so where on Earth am I going to find prices for them or worse receipts for when I bought them? The problem is that there is a POD and unless the one or two employees at Happy Camp come clean I will never see my cards or money so basically it sucks to be me right now.....

yeah, I would like to hear what the latest is from the post office. Are they done with their investigation? Have they talked to the employee who put them in a PO box? My 5 cards have a pretty good value as well, so not overly happy with how this has turned out, obviously.

• Options

I feel your pain. So, if I'm following this correctly, lilmule is Michael Duncan PO Box 1047 Happy Camp. Michael needs to file a police report and report to postal inspection service on the USPS website. Additionally, hit the PO from all directions. Under contact us: email them "where is my package?" and call customer care 1-800-275-8777. The Happy Camp PO will be required to respond timely. Still, the question remains about how much insurance was on the package as the PO would not pay out more than it was insured for.

• Options

@sayheywyo said:
    I feel your pain. So, if I'm following this correctly, lilmule is Michael Duncan PO Box 1047 Happy Camp. Michael needs to file a police report and report to postal inspection service on the USPS website. Additionally, hit the PO from all directions. Under contact us: email them "where is my package?" and call customer care 1-800-275-8777. The Happy Camp PO will be required to respond timely. Still, the question remains about how much insurance was on the package as the PO would not pay out more than it was insured for.

The problem is is there is a POD proof of delivery so it's saying it was delivered. the police would laugh at us...

Collector Focus

• Options

No they wouldn’t and it is your only option at this point.

• Options

@jackstraw

The decision to pursue is totally up to you guys. Personally, I would bounce the ball back to the USPS and make them jump through all the hoops to provide an explanation. Just trying to help. And who cares if police laugh..... it's paper trail documentation of this incident.

• Options

Posting in this thread and not in the "be on the lookout" thread you started implies that you are attempting to disparage my name and my group submissions. I am sorry that this happeneed to you, but this is not the right place to post. You made the choice to send your cards to someone else since you did not have enough for the 10 minimum. When sending out final shipping I always ask if they would like insurance and how much. You may want to inquire with your point of contact about any specifics. Thanks

• Options

@maddux69 said:
    Posting in this thread and not in the "be on the lookout" thread you started implies that you are attempting to disparage my name and my group submissions. I am sorry that this happeneed to you, but this is not the right place to post. You made the choice to send your cards to someone else since you did not have enough for the 10 minimum. When sending out final shipping I always ask if they would like insurance and how much. You may want to inquire with your point of contact about any specifics. Thanks

I didn't start any thread about it. You purchased the insurance you need to do the inquiry, no?

Collector Focus

• Options

@jackstraw said:

@maddux69 said:

I didn't start any thread about it. You purchased the insurance you need to do the inquiry, no?

Wonder if LilMule can weigh in on any updates? Has he filed a police report?

• Options
    edited November 22, 2021 9:23AM

@jackstraw said:

are you new at this ? How is Jason or PSA responsible for your cards?

• Options

@jackstraw said:

@Huggyface said:

@jackstraw said:

Package was insured on 10/11 it is now 11/20 so yes if I was the purchaser of the insurance I would be able to call the PO in Happy Camp CA which by the way is a town of 900 with what two employees! Yes my cards are gone and yes that's unfortunate but I feel like I should be compensated for the full value of the cards and or in contact with someone on where to mail my check, no?

@BPorter26 said:
    Jason.. Thanks again for running this sub. The wait was worth it. Here's a couple of my highlights.

wow on the billy ripken

• Options

@lawyer05 said:
    are you new at this ? How is Jason or PSA responsible for your cards?

I am so maybe you can help me make the insurance claim on the cards that Jason sent to Happy Camp? How do I go about making an insurance claim on someone else’s receipt?

Collector Focus

• Options

The package shows delivered. Report it as STOLEN. Michael Duncan is the receiver at Happy Camp. He is the one who should be following through, ie.. police report, postal inspection, e-mail, customer care. Didn't he lose cards also? Again, how much insurance was on package or was it just insured for the "free $50"?