Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 Netpro Agassi rookie

Comments

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lot of chipping for a 10 but a great photo on a nice card. Was a huge Agassi fan back in the day.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:
    Lot of chipping for a 10 but a great photo on a nice card. Was a huge Agassi fan back in the day.

And if I subbed it its a MINT 9 50% of the time and NM-MT 8 the other half!

YeaHaH!

Neil

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe its also a mis-label by PSA. Its not a prototype.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Not a rookie. He has a 1987 panini.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2021 3:53PM

@eagles33 said:

The panini is pretty rare. Use to be able to get those pretty cheap. Good luck now. The 87 is an ugly card compared to the 91 netpro. This is his first netpro card, so that makes it a rookie.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    I believe its also a mis-label by PSA. Its not a prototype.

There's a prototype sampras, I'm not aware of a prototype agassi though not impossible. I agree with eagles not his rookie, several earlier cards notably the panini

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a set of the 88 Panini Supersport for the Tyson Gritti back and Agassi is in the set and has three backs. Mine is the rare version like the Gritti back but is just a PSA 6. I bet copies of this have probably risen. Nice to see action in Tennis cards.

• Options

I also love this Agassi rookie. Very popular among collectors. Great looking card. I believe this is his first American card.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-SPORTS-ILLUSTRATED-FOR-KIDS-SI-FOR-KIDS-47-ANDRE-AGASSI-GEM-MINT-PSA-10/265058316865?hash=item3db6b4f241:g:6egAAOSwSbhgLjmo

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

@eagles33 said:

and an S.I. for Kids card as well...1989

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw a couple of 1991 Netpro boxes at a LCS. It is the white box that has Agassi and Sampras in it. He has them at $200 each. Is it worth the gamble?

I saw a 5 box lot sold for $1400 on ebay, but I don't follow the tennis market. It seems like the 2003 Netpro is everywhere.

Mike
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

is the 91 Agassi a "rookie" in the same way the 86 Fleer Jordan is a "Rookie"?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    is the 91 Agassi a "rookie" in the same way the 86 Fleer Jordan is a "Rookie"?

Yup.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

Let me do the dangerous checklist/box math problem.

98 cards in the set. 40 packs/9 cards each = 360 cards. 3.67 Agassi and Sampras per box? I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Mike
  • Options
    Cs223406Cs223406 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭

these are loaded -- I opened a few of these before the surge (ndleo's math is correct).
    My final box yielded 5 Agassi and 2 Sampras per my notes.

Good luck
    Cs

• Options

I love the 91 boxes.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

I wouldn't have even thought of Tennis until I saw this thread. This is why I love this board!

Mike