Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Here's a sticker on a PCGS slab I haven't seen before - no, NOT a CAC thread ............

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, the last 2 years the RCNA has added a Covid sticker to their samples. :D

Forgive me if already posted - the search function here isn't particularly easy to use ........

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is sort of like a Mr. Yuck sticker?

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

Not really - down the road it will give it some historical perspective as to why the shows were cancelled/altered.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful - lets screw with people even more than the media does..............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave it to you to find one, Lakes!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing I would want in my collection like that, jmo

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:

It can probably be peeled off. It's weird and unusual so I'd probably just leave it on as a reminder of a historical period in our history.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not intended as a you-know-what thread, but give it time . . . . . . . .

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it. I need one of those stickers on my "Emergency Issue" ASE. :D

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Apparently, the last 2 years the RCNA has added a Covid sticker to their samples. :D

Forgive me if already posted - the search function here isn't particularly easy to use ........

Is that a sticker or part of the label?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw, it's so cute and in the right spot. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably signifies it was encapsulated under sterile conditions. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder why they didn't make it look like the colorful versions they show on TV all the time?

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s funny! :D

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@johnny9434 said:

It can probably be peeled off. It's weird and unusual so I'd probably just leave it on as a reminder of a historical period in our history.

I can understand that, to each our own 😘

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Not really - down the road it will give it some historical perspective as to why the shows were cancelled/altered.

The slab does say 1st Virtual RCNA Convention :)

• Options

@Zoins said:

@Lakesammman said:

The slab does say 1st Virtual RCNA Convention :)

At first glance I thought it said 1st Viral RCNA Convention

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you found the padlock sticker version yet? 🙄😉

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

@ricko said:
    Probably signifies it was encapsulated under sterile conditions. Cheers, RickO

Encapsulated and filled with hand sanitizer.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whew just makes you wonder how French’s yellow mustard survived 2 years of no coin shows.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck.... Sales dipped, stock is just recovering.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes as much sense as any other sticker.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I should submit this NGC set for the canceled 2021 ANA Money Show to PCGS for crossover to their C-19 slab?

• Options

Yep - it's a sticker, not a part of the slab. Now if I can just find the 2020 version ......

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2021 6:08PM

No go for me. I don’t want that on my slab. Covid deaths US of 680 k about to surpass 700 K US deaths from HIV and in a much smaller time. Neither one is off the field either.

History? Horrible tragedy really.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:
    Maybe I should submit this NGC set for the canceled 2021 ANA Money Show to PCGS for crossover to their C-19 slab?

Wow. What a great medal set! Where can I get one of these? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file