Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is your coffee mug hobby related?

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is sipping out of a neat mug this morning?

I saw this one online :D

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not drink coffee.... and I do not have any 'theme' mugs/cups. Just a lot of coins and firearms. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't drink coffee

1997-Present

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2021 6:49AM

I use the jumbo cup.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but that's a good idea...

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

Cool mug @ErrorsOnCoins B)

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I do not drink coffee.... and I do not have any 'theme' mugs/cups. Just a lot of coins and firearms. ;) Cheers, RickO

That Ricko is pretty cool, I tell ya he takes the words right outta my head. The Best, I tell ya!

• Options

@Broadstruck .... No, started with a glass of orange/lemon juice... followed by a bottle of sparkling water... as I do each morning. Do not like coffee and do not need a drug to get me going. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I ever drank coffee I might be tempted…

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2021 9:05AM

@Broadstruck said:

@Soldi said:

@ricko said:

That Ricko is pretty cool, I tell ya he takes the words right outta my head. The Best, I tell ya!

So you're both reading this thread just sipping prune juice with a pinkie in the air?

Me? Heck No! I prefer a cordial with my corona and a video of Colion Noir to start my day. He's so Saint Jon ya know

besides real men chug prune juice.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep a cup o' joe near me , at work and home. That's relative ...to my hometown and trade, on this particular one.

• Options

Yikes, my OCPD doesn't like that rotation! :worried:

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although I do not have a coin related coffee mug, I love coffee! I will not leave the house without taking my coffee with me. I have several cups like the one below, in different colors.

• Options

@Barberian .... No. I do not spend much time on firearm discussion boards. I do spend a lot of time training people and working on the range...So I get hours and hours every day discussing firearms and tactics. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thread has morphed from "collection-related coffee mug" to "show a picture of your coffee mug".
    At least show a coin in the picture...

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t start my day without coffee. No coin related mug though….just a Yeti

• Options
    FrankHFrankH Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:
    Thread has morphed from "collection-related coffee mug" to "show a picture of your coffee mug".

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Starbucks exactly one mile away from my home.

I start every day p*ssing away $2.97 on grande drip (black). It's glorious!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2021 11:12AM

Here's one: Be the CHANGE you wish to see in the world.

Edited: I wish to see more steel pennies and barber dimes in the world change.

• Options

@Downtown1974 said:
    I can’t start my day without coffee. No coin related mug though….just a Yeti

If you collect all your life, and you start to look exactly like an Ike dollar, do you have a coin related mug?
    ​​​​​​​

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kindda.

I used to have a bunch of different mugs with 100 dollar bills and other currency depicted on them. But I only have about 10 mugs and a couple get broken every year so they are long gone now (the last one broke more than 20 years ago).

My morning cup of coffee reminded me why I bothered to get up early in the morning; "Another day, another (hundred) dollar(s)". The coffee in it made it all possible.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is available on eBay right now

Mr_Spud

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't drink coffee.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fishing hobby.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, company related. I guess since they provide the funds for my hobby, it is related.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

Yeah, but my mug depicts Omaha. Home of Byron Reed, Hewitt Judd, Aubrey Beebee, and me. And that is as coin related as it gets.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not drink coffee, therefore I have no coffee mug to sip from.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

I cannot show mine its not allowed under the rules. B)

• Options

@coinbuf said:

Is your tea mug hobby-related? Your shot glass? Your Stainless Steel Water Bottle? Your sippy cup?

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

@coinbuf said:

Is your tea mug hobby-related? Your shot glass? Your Stainless Steel Water Bottle? Your sippy cup?

Don't have any of those either; will you let me borrow your sippy cup? I feel left out.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2021 3:52PM

I have one.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2021 2:46PM

Mine is work related, spent 33 years repairing and maintaining nuke subs. In naval shipyards, coffee is da drug of choice. The cup is a recent gift from my brother who was on the team that restored the USS Hunley confederate sub, ironically in a building in the shut down Charleston Naval Shipyard where I used to work. Fortunately I was able to transfer to Kings Bay, GA to reach my federal retirement.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb That mug is definitely coin related. The Captain was carrying a bent double eagle that he had engraved. He had it in his pocket at the Battle of Shiloh and it deflected a bullet thus saving his life. He had it engraved "My life saver" with "Shiloh" and the date of the battle and he then carried it as a good luck coin. It was recovered with his remains from the Hunley.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Harley Davidson, Buffalo Bills and Frank Lloyd Wright.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@Hydrant said:
    Coffee mugs are a blight on humanity. I have two. One a wedding present. The second one given to me by Hydrant granddaughter #1 as a Christmas present......Any others that show up around here go in the trash.......Quickly.

To be fair, they are better than drinking the scalding coffee directly from your hands...

• Options

... forgot the coin content on my last post. Here ya go...

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:

Post a link I want one or two.

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KingOfMorganDollar said:

@Broadstruck said:

+1

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Confucius say....
    Drink coffee
    You can sleep when you're dead. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options

@KingOfMorganDollar said:

@Broadstruck said:

I saw it on Etsy as there's a ton of coin collector mugs.

https://etsy.com/search?q=coin%20collector%20mug

• Options

a few other good ones...

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

My coffee cup is service related!
    Go ARMY !

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2021 4:55PM

Don't have any coin mugs but I do enjoy one cup of moderately strong Yuban or Gevalia black coffee each day, usually with a small pastry or cookies, some cherry Swirl ice cream, or even a piece of good
    milk chocolate.

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file