Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Calling All Modern Numismatists: Need Help in Pursuing a Few Modern Commemorative Coins

CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭
edited March 19, 2022 9:48PM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

In MS 70, I am interested in:
1982-D Washington 50C
1989-D Congress 50C
2019-D American Legion 100th Anniversary 50C

In PR 70 DCAM, I am interested in:
1996-P Rowing S$1
1996-P High Jump S$1
2001-P Capitol Visitor Ctr 50C

Please PM me with any offers or ideas.

Casabrown

Comments

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Casabrown , my Brooklyn friend:

I suggest you consider moving this post to the B,S, & T for Coins (Buy, Sell, and Trade for Coins). No listing fees or selling fees.

Happy Hunting!

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

“I suggest you consider moving this post to the B,S, & T for Coins (Buy, Sell, and Trade for Coins). No listing fees or selling fees.”

Why? It is perfectly fine here. And, besides, over on the BST Board, I believe I was offering a $1,000 reward for one of the coins on the list for a competitor’s set shortly before Larry even returned here with his list.

I will be on the lookout Larry for some of those coins!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Thanks for your comments.

Casabrown

ttt

ttt

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Casabrown said:
    1989-D Congress 50C
    1989-D Congress S$1
    2016-D 100th Anniversary National Parks 50C
    2021-D 50C Nat'l Law Enforcement Mem.

1994-W World Cup G$5
    1996-P Rowing S$1
    1996-P High Jump S$1
    2001-P Capitol Visitor Center 50C

Please PM me with any offers or ideas.

Casabrown

At least here you can possibly avoid the scammer on BST. I do agree that this should have been posted there for better results.
    @wondercoin did you find what you were looking for as I posted the picture of what you were looking for but not a contact?
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Actually, I did post there as well. I did have an unfortunate experience.

No. The coin has not been located. And, now Dr. Brown also wants it. Making the job even that much harder!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    No. The coin has not been located. And, now Dr. Brown also wants it. Making the job even that much harder!

Wondercoin

Will still keep my eyes open.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Thanks to all

ttt

ttt

Still looking for a little help.

TTT

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

TTT

ttt

edited November 24, 2021 12:45AM

1989-D Congress S$1
    2016-D 100th Anniversary National Parks 50C
    2021-D 50C Nat'l Law Enforcement Mem.

1994-W World Cup G$5
    1996-P Rowing S$1
    1996-P High Jump S$1

Larry. Hi. I believe Justin now has every coin in stock and ready to ship. You’ll just need to give him strong price offers to “cherry” out those coins from the sets. He was consigned near complete sets of 70 grade of every possible Commem since 1982.

Wondercoin

I now need:

1989-D Congress 50C

1994-W World Cup G$5
    1996-P Rowing S$1
    1996-P High Jump S$1

I can email Justin or you with what I am willing to pay for each coin. Please let me know by contacting me by my email address that you have used in the past.

Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on obtaining almost all you needed to complete your modern commemorative set from Wondercoin. He is a special person and has helped many a collector obtain some very tough, and rare items.

My friend, you have set the standard for commemorative coins!!!!

Actually, I am just beginning my relationship with Wondercoins as I had only dealt with Mitch previously only involving proof finish circulating denominations.

In any case, I have about 5 more coins to achieve between circulating and proof finish commemorative coins.

Happy holidays

I saw that your registry set had upgraded recently, so I had assumed you got a couple from Mitch. A few of the ones that you are looking for are exceptionally hard to find, with very low pops in 70. PCGS is very tough on older MS commemorative coins in 70, and I find the 50 cent ones are always tough, even the recent ones. The mint does not seem to handle them as carefully as the dollar coins.

I was surprised they put the new Morgan's and Peace dollars into the set, but at least they are easy to get. Good luck in your quest.

I was doing some house cleaning across my modern commemorative sets which likely explains some of the upgrading you observed. Your comments are on target.

In full transparency, I serve on the CCAC and will ask the Mint if they have any thoughts about the 50 cent coins, although they may say it may have more to do with PCGS than the Mint. We will see.

As for the decision by PCGS to include the Morgans and the Peace dollars, I can see both sides of the argument. I would have preferred them to exclude them since they did not come through the usual process of commemorative coins with a designated sponsoring organization. However, it ultimately is the decision of PCGS and not the Mint.

Again, you are the standard to which all of us aspire to achieve.

Happy holidays and a healthy and enjoyable New Year

Happy Holidays

ttt

TTT

ttt

‘Congratulations on obtaining almost all you needed to complete your modern commemorative set from Wondercoin. He is a special person and has helped many a collector obtain some very tough, and rare items.’

Thanks Goldminers and Casabrown. However, the Hall of Fame collection of modern Commems has not been officially released yet by its owner as he desires all the coins to be offered out by my son Justin on his monstercoinmart site around the same time (except for a cool Pete Rose Gold Glove 6 pc. set that he allowed Justin to post out on eBay already) and Justin is still in the process of editing 1,000 -1,500 pics of the coins. In addition to the 50c, $1 and $5 Commem sets in MS and proof there will also be a massive offering of HOF baseball coins, including myriad pop 1 and pop 2 coins. Hopefully, I will have the opportunity and honor to assist Mr. Brown on obtaining a couple of the hardest coins to locate in these series. I also look forward to assisting anyone else with a want list for any of these coins. Wondercoin.

edited January 6, 2022 10:32AM

‘’2001-P Capitol Visitor Center 50C PR70DCAM’’

Whatever happened with this one? Did Casabrown find it in the “house cleaning”?

Wondercoin

No, it is also a coin I need.

Thanks

ttt

• BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin

It’s funny how there is often one hard to find coin like the ‘’2001-P Capitol Visitor Center 50C PR70DCAM”.
    The Jefferson nickels proof set has a 1963 PR70DCAM. The last I heard nobody knows where it is.
    I’m sure they will both go for moon money if they ever come up for auction.

ttt

• rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

Are you trying to do a Registry Set? why those particular coins? and why PR70 and MS70?

Just curious!

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers

I actually have the mint state and proof commemorative coin set. I am seeking those coins in the highest mint state finish for one set and in the highest proof finish in the other set. For your interest the coins are registered in the Erasmus Hall sets.

Thanks for the questions

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

Any suggestions

What you are looking for are tough to find, as most owners just do not want to sell yet.

I have also sent in a lot of 69+ like coins and 70's just do not come easy, if again, in those varieties.

You may get lucky, but it also took me several years to find a couple of these that I needed a while back myself.

• JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers

Congrats on the article in March/April edition of RCMR

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

Goldminers: I appreciate your guidance. As I am in it for the long run, I am prepared to be patient.

Jonjet: Thank you for your kind words

Casabrown