Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bob Simpson Toners-Spectacular Color!

Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of my favorite Simpson coins: (a few of which made their way into my collection....and very fortunate for that!) Some of these coins remain in the Simpson collection. Please Post your Simpson coins below and add onto the thread.

@ricko Warning-put the e-Zest away! ;)

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9... :D I would not do that..... I do not buy tarnished coins... I leave them for people who enjoy them. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    How about a coin with a mintage less than a 1913 Proof Liberty Nickel and the first appearance of Lincoln a year after his assassination.

Wondercoin

A true prize J-486 or 487?

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2021 10:03AM

Eldorado9- Judd 488.

And what looked to me like the real deal 488. Another 488 was a former 487 and CAC approved as a 487 at that, but then changed to 488. Perhaps it got tested. I was meaning to ask Andy about that when things slowed down.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me it’s about eye appeal. There is toning that is unsightly and other toning I find appealing. After a certain point (age) you’re rarely going to find a coin that has no toning. That’s the nature of the beast.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    Eldorado9- Judd 488.

And what looked to me like the real deal 488. Another 488 was a former 487 and CAC approved as a 487 at that, but then changed to 488. Perhaps it got tested. I was meaning to ask Andy about that when things slowed down.

I can only speculate how one of the 487's came to be redesignated as a 488, but I don't think it matters. As far as I'm concerned, the only way to know if a pattern is copper or bronze is to have it tested. And if I don't see the actual composition details designated on the slab, I assume that PCGS never tested it, and that we don't really know what the coin is.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

That last walker is spectacular!

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spectacular IS the word to describe those beauties. It must be nice to have an endless supply of money. I’m pretty sure I’d be doing the same thing if I were loaded down with cash
    Thank you for sharing👍

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file