Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GTG or actually Confirm the Grade

moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 19, 2021 2:01PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The shield looks good, but that is wear on the breast and at the waist?
And what about that flat head? Worn, or just struck flat?
Whole thing is a bit dinged up, but nice luster.

So does this look AU53 or thereabouts?

Thanks,
am

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably AU 26.5. I'll reserve the other points for the back.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2021 2:16PM

@jmlanzaf said:
    Probably AU 26.5. I'll reserve the other points for the back.

You mean if the back is similar, it gets AU53, or AU0? :grin:

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

he means post the back

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund post a pic of the reverse

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    he means post the back

Yeah, I figured...

Ok, by popular demand (and I should have included it from the start, sorry) the reverse:

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wholesome yet unattractive AU.

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:

But what AU doU think?

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

@braddick said:

But what AU doU think?

50 or maybe 53.

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:

@moursund said:

@braddick said:

But what AU doU think?

50 or maybe 53.

Yeah... looks better from a distance :smile:
    At least I'm figuring out how to get decent pics from my phone.

Thanks,
    am

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

After seeing the back, I think we can all agree it is better than Senator Blutarsky's GPA

I see it as a 50- a good coin for a type set album

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU50.

• Options

@coinkat said:
    After seeing the back, I think we can all agree it is better than Senator Blutarsky's GPA

I see it as a 50- a good coin for a type set album

Coincidentally, that is where it is going... It's my best SLQ at the moment.

am

• Options
    HalfDimeDudeHalfDimeDude Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im in the Au 50 group nice coin for an album.

"That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante"

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

XF45 congrats!

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 6:29PM

solid wholesome AU55

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll stay at AU50

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

I was at 55 from the obverse shot, I wavered a bit lower when I saw the reverse, but if I vote with Col Jessup I cant be all wrong!

• Options

Interesting that the grade opinion ranges from (not sure if this was serious) XF45 to AU55.
    I'll stick with a 53 for my records. Thanks, all!

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to say 55 until I saw the reverse. 50 to 53.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see surface rub but not much of any metal loss which speaks to 55, I would net grade it to 53 for being a common date with dark tone for its price

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guesstimate is AU53... and I may be influenced by the accumulation of grunge on the obverse. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file