Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

*****The OFFICIAL July 29th Mint "Cover Me, I'm Going In" Type 2 Gold Eagle Purchase Thread*****

Comments

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine ordered. Went through no problem. Wasn't even slow.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 9:08AM

The Page You Are Looking For Cannot Be Found. This is the message I'm receiving at the final phase of checkout.
    Managed to snag a 1/2 ouncer and a 1/4, little hiccup but not bad.

Order History is currently offline. Please check again at a later time. Just a heads up.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

I got my 4 gold set now I wait and then off to PCGS maybe throw a extra coin in to get one of them pertty new boxes.

• Options
    unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 9:12AM

quarter ounce shows sold out
    sorry wrong one

• Options
    RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

Got the 'this page cannot be found' when trying to checkout 4 times before it finally went through...

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Those 4 coin sets sold out fast. I’ve never seen them go to back order for a little bit during the order period and then remind me right after.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@Butteredfatkid said:
    None have even started to show as available to me yet

did u refresh ur screen?

BST references available on request

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

got everything at 12:05 - nothing but the 1/10 left now...

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 9:17AM

That 4-coin set sure vanished fast. E-bay prices being asked are very high and it always surprises me that some actually buy them for so much.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing at these pricing levels everything is gone except for the 1/10 oz. which will probably be gone in a few minutes.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    ButteredfatkidButteredfatkid Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@Butteredfatkid said:

did u refresh ur screen?

Yes I did lol, first time having issues ordering through the mint. Never saw the red “add to bag” button. Oh well, wasn’t too pressing of an issue for me to get. Probably will try another browser for the Morgan dollars release aug 3rd

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order # 098508XX........12:01

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tenth of oz was still available a couple of minutes ago at $315.00.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Was able to get a few 1/2 ouncers. Those seemed like the best flippers for profit per cost. Was easier than expected, though it did freeze once.

congrats! I was trying to get 1 of those too but kept getting the page unavailable screen. oh well. i'll wait for the morgans in another week.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Got a half oz at 11:03.

those went unavailable first. Good catch.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 9:18AM

cancel that i was looking at the old 1/10th oz

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get back at it tomorrow am, early!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seven minutes to get a confirmed 1/4 oz order. Kicked back to checkout numerous times.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got everything but my half ounce. Oh well.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

Gold is up $25 an ounce today to $1,832. At least it is headed in the right direction for a change.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll be interesting to watch the price on these. I still don't know what I got. I really didn't want much of anything, so I don't really care that much.

• Options

@Butteredfatkid said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@Butteredfatkid said:

did u refresh ur screen?

Yes I did lol, first time having issues ordering through the mint. Never saw the red “add to bag” button. Oh well, wasn’t too pressing of an issue for me to get. Probably will try another browser for the Morgan dollars release aug 3rd

That sucks to hear - glad you're not that upset over it - that's the important part.
    I too had issues and had a few "Could Not Find" pages during checkout and had to hold the red button down once to prove I was human...but eventually my order(s) went through.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

1/10th Ounce taking a while to finish up -- 10,000 might have been too many...

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

1/10 backordered, guess that's a 'list'. soon to be sold out....

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not anymore….

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@DotStore said:
    1/10th Ounce taking a while to finish up -- 10,000 might have been too many...

it's on backorder now. although on some of the pages it's listed as unavailable, but if you select the produc itself it was listed backorder.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

anyone got an email confirmation yet?

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    edited July 29, 2021 9:51AM

@dmwest said:
    anyone got an email confirmation yet?

I rcvd one e-mail titled "We Rcvd your Order" on my 2nd order but have not rcvd any e-mails on my 1st order (4-piece set).

That's ok...and normal for the mint - I still have printouts of my "Checkout Confirmation - Order Summary" pages with their order numbers listed.

** Edited to correct type of e-mail rcvd and title of Order Summary pages

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

I ordered the 21EFN-4-pc set > received the first "order received" email at 12:01; BUT no confirmation email....the Mint usually takes hours to sent those out.... ;)

• Options

got a quarter, no issues

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else notice the total lack of anti-bot technology, at least that was obvious to those placing orders? No captcha's and no "press and hold" buttons. Maybe they have embedded something more subtle?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    My Mint order from last week was not charged a fee.
    I'm using a Business Platinum card...maybe that is why.
    We'll soon see...as I'm using it again today!

No "metal" or "bullion" references in the current AmEx "cardmember agreement" for the "Business Platinum Card". :)

Link

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:
    Did anyone else notice the total lack of anti-bot technology, at least that was obvious to those placing orders? No captcha's and no "press and hold" buttons. Maybe they have embedded something more subtle?

I got a "press and hold" when I was logging in about 10 minutes early to get set up.

• Options

@MetroD said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    My Mint order from last week was not charged a fee.
    I'm using a Business Platinum card...maybe that is why.
    We'll soon see...as I'm using it again today!

No "metal" or "bullion" references in the current AmEx "cardmember agreement" for the "Business Platinum Card". :)

Link

You're AWESOME - Thanks for providing that info & the link!
    Figuring what I pay in an annual fee for that card (and it's going up next year) - there should be very little restrictions!!!

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@pointfivezero said:

I got a "press and hold" when I was logging in about 10 minutes early to get set up.

Ah, good to know. I had no pre-screening whatsoever.

• Options

@pointfivezero said:

I had to press and hold the red bar once, during my 2nd order - to prove that I was human.

• Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

FWIW I used a personal Platinum for my order last week.

Congrats to those who got their gold: didn't even try here

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 11:32AM

I started out with the intention of only getting the 1/2. Got to checkout 4 times and hit submit button. page error, back to shopping cart to try to checkout again. decided to added the 1/4, made it to check and the 1/2 was not available, so had to delete. Got the 1/4. Was bummed about the 1/2, so tried to get the 1oz and it went through instantly, then everything was unavailable.

• Options

As I tried to checkout I got sent to a screen with about 4 other random mint stuff that was titled asking if I wanted to add something there to my order. Of course I did not, and had to go back, to try checkout again.

Is that anti-bot or extra marketing attempt, or both?

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    As I tried to checkout I got sent to a screen with about 4 other random mint stuff that was titled asking if I wanted to add something there to my order. Of course I did not, and had to go back, to try checkout again.

Is that anti-bot or extra marketing attempt, or both?

I got that too but at the same time I got a text from my credit card company about the gold set purchase so I assume it went through but who knows …..

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

1:03pm

Your order placed on 07/29/21 has been confirmed. Please retain this summary for your records. Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint!

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had both my confirmation emails within minutes for what its worth.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

I believe I was literally the last (or one of the last) to get the 4 pc gold set. After at least 4 times being taken back to my cart, the order went through. I immediately went to check availability on another screen and the “remind me” button was there. It was about 11:05 or 11:06 am CDT.

I have not received any emails from the mint. However, my cc has been pinged. A good sign.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

1/10 ounce still on backorder, so I got one for the hell of it. I just got my 3 ASEs - they look just like walking half dollars, So it will be cool to have a "mini-Saint" to go with it.

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

1/4 oz - easy in and out in 5 minutes (9 to 9:05)

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

For me the site worked perfectly. Only snagged the 1/10 to go with my type 1. Had them all in my cart but removed them all but the 1/10.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file