Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How many coin books do you own?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11-20

How many coin books have you read? I have a couple on the shelf I've never looked at. Possibly they shouldn't count. ;)

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    51-100

I guess I have more than I realized, especially if I count auction catalogs, too.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    21-50

@asheland said:
    That turned out really nice! 👍

True. Man caves are rarely so airy and light... B)

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11-20

Oh man, if we're counting auction catalogs, I'm easily over 100.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11-20

Yeah, the number of literature items is far higher, but the 11-20 answer fits my concepts of "book" better

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    KOYNGUYKOYNGUY Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    100+

Four libraries, two at ANACS, two at home. Easily 10,000 books, catalogs and volumes. Only ANA
    has more in Colorado. Will be forced to be a book dealer after ANACS retirement. J.P.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100+

Enough that I mention the library in my printed instructions to the Executor of my estate with the names of some people he should contact about selling it.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2021 4:49PM
    1-10

Being new several red books and American silver eagles (awesome) hardcover I have added collecting coin books to expand my hobby and hope the return of yard sales and such provides opportunities

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    21-50

I even have a couple on my Kindle device. They take up a lot less room than the hard copies do.

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-10

@asheland said:

@markelman1125 said:
    I have a few red books but lately pcgs coinfacts has replaced my need for books. I now rather spend the $ on a new coin than a book. Rather hold the history than read about it.

When I buy a new coin, something I haven't had before, I usually go and find the relevant books for that said coin. It makes those coins come to life when you read about them and have them there with you

Yea that’s a nice way to think about it 👍.

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100+

@CaptHenway said:
    Enough that I mention the library in my printed instructions to the Executor of my estate with the names of some people he should contact about selling it.

I am not going to leave this issue to my heirs. We are thinking seriously about moving out of AZ, and this has forced me to seriously look at the size of my library (numismatic and otherwise). I have a lot of books in storage, and not even opened in the last 5 or 10 years. Time to clean house and storage bays.

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    21-50

@Boosibri
    Wow now that's a man cave. Very nice. But my wife would make me keep it so neat.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭
    100+

Over 100. That's not counting auction catalogs, periodicals, e-books, and so forth. Tho I suppose it is books and booklets. I stopped counting at 101; there's at least a few dozen more.

--

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    11-20

Don't have an exact count but I have five that I will just page through from time to time, just for fun and not to specifically look something up.

Unfortunately two of them got heavy water damage in 2015, and I haven't looked through them since...even though they are still easily accessible and I could get them out in a matter of 5 minutes, the memories are painful.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

About 34 feet.

Larry

• Options
    CWT1863CWT1863 Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭
    100+

Here is my current numismatic library:

ANA-LM, CWTS-LM, NBS, TAMS, ANS

• Options
    11-20

Never know when you may need them.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100+

@CWT1863 said:
    Here is my current numismatic library:

Now I know what to do with my son's old bedroom!

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100+

Just the Red Book portion is almost 100.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭
    21-50

Interesting poll. I actually had to go count mine as I had no idea. I come in currently at 37. I was surprised that I had that many.

Definitely some very impressive collections posted here!

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100+

@dbldie55 said:
    Just the Red Book portion is almost 100.

On the Red Books, we agree.

Full set?

Frank

BHNC #203

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file