Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Token Identity And Error Help

USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

I "think" this is some type of token. No idea what it is or where it comes from. I got it in a zip lock baggy of random coins, as a coin club door prize several years ago.

Not that it would be worth it but would a TPG'er attribute it?

Comments

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tokenpro this forum is lucky that you stumbled upon our humble spot on the internet!
    I knew you would be coming along and give us detailed knowledge B)

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read something somewhere which stated that during WW2 when metal was scarce the pinball machine token manufacturers would recycle older obsolete tokens without bothering to melt them down and make new blanks first.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting... Years ago, I had several business acquaintances that were 'pinball nuts'... and on business trips, they would have a bag or two of quarters. Then, right after work, they would head for pin ball arcades. I had other interests :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thanks to each of you for your feedback!

tokenpro- I think I found the go-to guy!! Thank you for that history lesson!.. Amazing!

I was doing some on-line research, not much out there. However, I found this site and I was getting ready to contact them.... No need to now.

http://tokencatalog.com/index.php

• Options

With additional research and a little help from a friend, we came up with this as well. These could possibly be the multiple strike/dies used on this token.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file