Home Precious Metals

Latest Mintage Totals - Silver American Eagle - All Types

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

All at one link or did you have to compile? Single link would be nice to save.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting how folk buy more when prices are high and less when low.

Approximately $1.5 billion in 2011 and only $250 million in 2018.

AMC volume yesterday was about $11 billion.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

Yep, when nobody wants it that's the time to buy, when everyone is buying that's time to sell. Basically do the opposite of the herd for maximum returns.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@cohodk said:

Yep, when nobody wants it that's the time to buy, when everyone is buying that's time to sell. Basically do the opposite of the herd for maximum returns.

Yep - like when AMC was $10 or GameStop was $7...

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, that is a great list - saved. Cheers, RickO

@taxmad said:

@blitzdude said:

@cohodk said:

Yep - like when AMC was $10 or GameStop was $7...

And when gutter metal was $50. lol

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sour Grapes?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:

Sour Grapes?

Apparently for some. :smiley:

$50

You may be the only person I know of who bought near the top. That’s the only explanation I can provide that can explain your trolling about silver.

Silver’s always been good to me. Always.😎

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    $50

You may be the only person I know of who bought near the top. That’s the only explanation I can provide that can explain your trolling about silver.

A quick review of threads in this forum from April 2011 will show many folk who commented that they were buying silver or "doubling down" on leveraged long silver related etfs or preaching to HODL.

Its been a decade since silver was in the 40s. Thats quite a long period of negative return, especially when most every asset class has appreciated 3x or more.

@jmski52 said:
    $50

Stick with gold and thank me later. Or I suppose you could just HODL and wait another decade to get back to even. (On paper) ((maybe)) lol

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

ive been banging the drum on owning morgan dollars instead of ASE's for almost a decade , these mintages are obscene . Not the fact that they are being made but they are brand new and the world is awash in ASE's why would anyone pay a premium for one?

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    ive been banging the drum on owning morgan dollars instead of ASE's for almost a decade , these mintages are obscene . Not the fact that they are being made but they are brand new and the world is awash in ASE's why would anyone pay a premium for one?

Ounce of silver versus .7734. People like convenience and are bad at math...

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting. Still holding a 1996 Roll. :)

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
    edited June 12, 2021 11:56AM

A quick review of threads in this forum from April 2011 will show many folk who commented that they were buying silver or "doubling down" on leveraged long silver related etfs or preaching to HODL.

Its been a decade since silver was in the 40s. Thats quite a long period of negative return, especially when most every asset class has appreciated 3x or more.

So, do I understand correctly that you bought silver in the 40s over a decade ago? If so, maybe you should find a good financial advisor.

I knew it would happen.
    edited June 12, 2021 9:30PM

@jmski52 said:

So, do I understand correctly that you bought silver in the 40s over a decade ago?

You do not understand correctly.

I do believe there was a warning though.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2021 4:31AM

@cohodk said:

This is exactly the type of picking and choosing of statistics, to fit a narrative, that you railed against in the first (aborted) silver premiums tracking thread.

@cohodk said:
    ... it would be easy to manipulate the data to support a narrative. And that would be a shame.

edited June 14, 2021 7:01AM

@dcarr said:

@cohodk said:

This is exactly the type of picking and choosing of statistics, to fit a narrative, that you railed against in the first (aborted) silver premiums tracking thread.

@cohodk said:
    ... it would be easy to manipulate the data to support a narrative. And that would be a shame.

Lol

Jmski said he didnt know of anyone who was buying silver in the $40. I presented fact that showed many on this forum were buying and encouraging holding.

I furthered that buy stating a 100% true FACT that silver is lower than a decade ago that it had underperformed other major asset classes. No data is manipulated or selectively chosen. I did not choose the start date, blitz and jmski did.

Im not picking cherries, but i do believe you are eating sour grapes.

Lets just hope the next 10 years for silver is more fruitful.

edited June 14, 2021 8:23AM

I presented fact that showed many on this forum were buying and encouraging holding.

When was this? I don't remember you providing any such "proof".

I furthered that buy stating a 100% true FACT that silver is lower than a decade ago that it had underperformed other major asset classes. No data is manipulated or selectively chosen.

As a big proponent of buy low, sell high - it seems to me that if you weren't buying silver when it was low, you need a better financial advisor. :D

I did not choose the start date, blitz and jmski did.

Show me where I picked a date. You are wrong. Further, I always encourage sound money management, based on one's personal situation and that doesn't entail picking highs and lows. Again, you are wrong in your representations.

I knew it would happen.

The humor of all this jmski is that you would believe everything i said if i was holding (my) Pillow.

Now back to the OP.....does anyone want to guess the final mintage totals for 2021?

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

"does anyone want to guess the final mintage totals for 2021?"

hmmmm...demand will be sky high...but is there an issue sourcing 1 oz blanks (yes..I think there is a bottleneck)?

24,000,000 total 2021 ASE of both types but they could have sold 40,000,000

Loves me some shiny!