Home Precious Metals

The Fed and the manipulation of the price of gold

Comments

• 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i think JP Morgan has the USA (finances) in their back pocket

but here's another link or two to support your theory

Ron Paul

and his appointment regarding monetary policy subcomitee

i apologize if matters relative is mentioned in your link...i just took the liberty of my 2cents in your OP topic.

and i do think the POG is undervalued right now by about ~$1000, yet will it reach this? time will tell
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one document whose disclosure was ordered by the judge was described in her memorandum of decision as "a staff member's notes on the discussion by the Gold and Foreign Exchange Committee of the Group of Ten (or "G-10"), as well as a transmission memorandum from Mr. [Ted] Truman to the board." The notes, the judge found, "are a straightforward factual recounting of a meeting with representatives of foreign central banks, detailing what each of the participants said."

They at least got one thing out of the lawsuit. But this document probably has no critical information about the Treasury's and FED's gold tactics so hence it will be released. If the participants discussed gold swaps and price supression it won't exactly be a revelation.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    Take away the Fed's power one step at a time so it can finally die. It won't be a quick death blow but a slow less painful process. Is that possible?
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I really want to know is what is in the vaults at Fort Knox.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All I really want to know is what is in the vaults at Fort Knox. >>

Whatever is there you can transfer it to my house so I can COUNT it. (and whatever else)

“We looked into the abyss if the gold price rose further. A further rise would have taken down one or several trading houses, which might have taken down all the rest in their wake. Therefore at any price, at any cost, the central banks had to quell the gold price, manage it. It was very difficult to get the gold price under control but we have now succeeded. The US Fed was very active in getting the gold price down. So was the U.K.” - Governor of the Bank of England, Eddie George, 1999.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the above supposed quote really about gold going from 240 to 340 in 1999 or about events in the late 70s?

I dont recall any angst regarding gold in 1999.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

edited May 15, 2021 7:17AM

@cohodk said:
    Was the above supposed quote really about gold going from 240 to 340 in 1999 or about events in the late 70s?

it is what it is, an admission by a major central bank as far back as 1999 that it manipulates the price of gold and that the FED also manipulates the price of gold. Price of gold at the time is irrelevant.

attempting to distract from the admission by drawing attention to the price fails to reduce the implication of the admission: Central banks manipulate precious metal prices. They feel they have no choice, PMs compete with their printed promises.

I like how everything that is counter to the garbage you promote is "supposed," and your continued attempt to steer a discussion away from the facts when those facts don't agree with your narrative. You have always been and continue to be completely wrong when it comes to the manipulation of precious metal futures prices.

I dont recall any angst regarding gold in 1999.

Brown's Bizarre Bullion Blunder

The idiot sold half of Britain's gold reserves at a the bottom of a bear market.

Im not distracting from anything. Why do you always see ghosts? Stop being so fixated and open your eyes. Just because you have a belief does not make if true. Its just your opinion. Stop pushing it on others as if it was fact.

Ill repeat...i do not recall any angst regarding metals in 1999. Perhaps you could discuss any feelings of angst you perceived or experienced regarding PMs in 1999.

@cohodk said:
    Im not distracting from anything. Why do you always see ghosts? Stop being so fixated and open your eyes. Just because you have a belief does not make if true. Its just your opinion. Stop pushing it on others as if it was fact.

Ill repeat...i do not recall any angst regarding metals in 1999. Perhaps you could discuss any feelings of angst you perceived or experienced regarding PMs in 1999.

WTF does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

edited May 15, 2021 10:12AM

What is your infactuation with me?

Your story tries to contend that the global banking system was in the verge of collapse in 1999 because gold went up a little (actually back to prices it was a few years earlier).

I believe that is inaccurate. Stop with attacking others opinions/ideas/experiences.

edited May 15, 2021 10:47AM

not my story. right out of the mouth of the governor of the Bank of England. Believe what you want, but do believe this: When the house of cards comes tumbling down you will then know just how long you can be wrong. lol

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to derryb's & zerohedge's, posts over the years the "house of cards" should have come down long ago and we'd be bartering with our PM's for food and shelter. Although, I respect some of derryb's opinions, but most I just ignore or shake my head in disbelieve. Be your own boss and use your better judgement along with some common sense when reading some of the garbage along with partially true but far stretched opinions posted on public forums.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    edited May 15, 2021 3:34PM

@OPA said:
    According to derryb's & zerohedge's, posts over the years the "house of cards" should have come down long ago and we'd be bartering with our PM's for food and shelter. Although, I respect some of derryb's opinions, but most I just ignore or shake my head in disbelieve. Be your own boss and use your better judgement along with some common sense when reading some of the garbage along with partially true but far stretched opinions posted on public forums.

So, how about it. Are PM spot prices manipulated? or are you wishy, washy on that as well?

And for the record, I am not a prepper and I have never claimed that we'd be bartering PM's for food and shelter. I have made it clear on numerous occasions that I hold PMs as insurance and their roll is to hold value regardless of how bad the fiat I purchased them with is devalued or eventually replaced. And yes the fall of the house of cards should have been allowed to occur on many occasions since 2008 as it is an opportunity to build a solid house that is not dependent on a central bank policy that has failed the economy for years. Can-kicking and band aids are not the answer. Some of us warned that QE would never end, yet we were foil hatters for suggesting it. And here we are with QE to the tenth power. There was a time when price manipulation was considered by many here to be a conspiracy theory, yet those that were laughed at for discussing it have since been proven correct. So, yes, the house of cards will crumble and the COMEX will fail to deliver; the band aids don't last forever. As I have said many times it is best to rip them off and let the healing begin.

Banks are not our saviors, they are our leeches - their existence is to profit from making us slaves of our debt. Our entire economy has been hijacked by them and we now live under their rules for money. Understanding this is paramount to understanding how a modern economy actually functions and why one should own precious metals. Most here do understand this and it is why they come here to learn about and to discuss the things that influence the precious metals they hold.

Yet, a very few appear to be here for other reasons.

"We can ignore reality but not the consequences of reality.” -- Ayn Rand

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

So, how about it. Are PM spot prices manipulated? or are you wishy, washy on that as well?

And for the record, I am not a prepper

OK please brother, do it for me. Prep just a little because, well you just never know. You don't need the bunker but get yourself as self sufficient as comfortably possible. Your shiny trinkets may again someday rule the world but there are a lot of other things that will become necessities before getting from here to there. THANKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

self sufficient? and give up the free money? lol

• bp777bp777 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is some great material for those that are new/looking to research the precious metals market.

Here is a youtube video about the esf (this is part 1/ watch all of them):

https://youtu.be/2ssrcD5GdPQ

Silver bullet silver shield (brilliant!)

https://youtu.be/qfC9VQGkqDQ

“Gold wars” by ferdinand lips

“What has govt done to our money” by murray rothbard

This has been said many times before, but the most important market in the world is the oil market. To understand the precious metals market, you have to understand the energy market.

edited May 15, 2021 6:28PM

In my opinion

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

you'll have to explain that one to me

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Were a consumer based economy. Our whole economy is built on people buying shit they really dont need. And we need a constant flow of cheap energy. As long as cheap energy is flowing, everything will be fine. But someday, hopefully many years from now, the flow of cheap energy will stop and we will all have to adapt. There is no reason for russia, mexico, etc to exchange their commodity (oil) that belongs to them for federal reserve notes. The federal reserve note is backed by the blood sweat and tears of the American people. And how is the health, morale, patriotism of the American people these days?

All im saying is there wont be a collapse in the banking system or an explosion in the precious metals market until russia and more importantly mexico says so

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

forget morale, we are out of blood sweat and tears already.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@derryb said:

Most here do understand this and it is why they come here to learn about and to discuss the things that influence the precious metals they hold.

Yet, a very few appear to be here for other reasons.

Agreed. This is very important. Every slice of bread has two sides, and to get its full nutritional value, one must consume both sides. Poor nutrition can leave a body weak, and a mind in darkness, surrounded by doom and gloom, and easily manipulated.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2021 9:15AM

The only thing more manipulated than ( the price of ) gold is the mind.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the Comex spot price. Gives me an indicator of what I should pay. I'd only sell at their price if I was starving to death.

BTW, coho is spot on regarding the lack of angst in the late 90's...buy all the gold you wanted.....cheap...and many did.

Gold is the seer.........many years and possibly decades ahead of it's time. When the USA has to start meeting it's hundreds of trillions of obligations, your gold will be there to help you. Buy it when you don't need it. Buy it and hold it.

Have a nice day