Home Sports Talk
Options

Terry Bradshaw calls Aaron Rodgers, "Dumber than a box of rocks."

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw has been ripping Aaron Rodgers apart lately, he appeared on a radio program in Chicago and called Aaron Rodgers "dumber than a box of rocks." And now Terry has continued his attack on Rodgers when he appeared on Colin Cowherd's show 'The Herd" and ripped into Rodgers again saying that Rodgers is "coddled too much" and "he has no right to want to get the Packers GM fired" and that Rodgers has "bad footwork". He's been tearing Rodgers apart lately. Here's the box of rocks story and the Cowherd video.

Terry Bradshaw Rips Aaron Rodgers: ‘Dumber Than A Box Of Rocks’

Add Terry Bradshaw to the list of Aaron Rodgers critics.

Like many, Bradshaw is baffled by the rumored drama involving Rodgers and the Packers. The veteran quarterback reportedly wants out of Green Bay despite signing a four-year contract extension with the team in August 2018.

Bradshaw was given a chance to weigh in on the messy situation Monday during an appearance on the “Parkins & Spiegel Show” on 670 The Score in Chicago. And to say he did not mince words is putting it lightly.

“Well, (Rodgers is) just dumber than a box of rocks, isn’t he?” Bradshaw said. “I mean, he signed that contract, he didn’t have to sign that extension. He got all that money. I don’t know what happened there, they draft (Jordan Love) last year and he wasn’t happy about it. He goes out and becomes the MVP of the league, now he wants out. Now he’s claiming that they said they would trade him or what.

“… Here let me say this. If I’m Green Bay, I call his bluff. I don’t budge. I do not budge. … I don’t know what the deal is. If I’m him, if he’s that unhappy (at) 38 years old, retire. Go to California. Go do the game show. I don’t care what he does. Just leave my job alone.”

Ouch.

Bradshaw does make one solid point, though. Eventually, it is important to know when it is time to call it quits, even if things do not end exactly as one had aimed for or planned.

Perhaps Rodgers, like many veteran athletes, is motivated to get one last championship before wrapping up his NFL career. The Denver Broncos are said to be a frontrunner for a potential Rodgers trade, but Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst recently called trade rumors “absolutely false.”

Bradshaw’s focus appears to be on money, but there’s likely much more to the situation than dollars and cents.

Comments

• Options

Terry Bradshaw has launched a vicious campaign of attacks on Aaron Rodgers and I must admit, I'm very entertained by it!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

i agree. this is very entertaining.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon where is your post from?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not call Rogers “dumb” but he is arrogant. If he wants out of Green Bay, one would wonder why he signed what appears to be a “to the end of his career contract.” Perhaps he thinks he can pull a “Carson Wentz” and have the Packers and some other team pay him.

Contrast this with Tom Brady who has often taken less money to help build a better team around him. And, oh yes, Brady has put together a far more successful career.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first time I started thinking he had a problem was when he pushed Favre out.

Has to be a horrible situation now in Wisconsin, the Packer fans practically worship their QBs.

This guy is being a jerk.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 5:51AM

Here’s a team that won 13 games. Made it to the NFC championship game and a QB that was MVP. Green Bay Packers
    Here’s a team that won 13 games, made it to the AFC championship game and a QB that finished 2nd in MVP votes. Buffalo Bills.
    One team is building to get over the hump and have a long successful run. Happy. Players are loving being there. Zero distractions.
    The other team is a complete disaster. Rumors of trades, disgruntled MVP QB and threats of retirement.
    So let him retire. Bring in Love and continue to build a new team with zero distractions. It’s going to happen eventually so man up and take charge of your franchise. JMO

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m entertained but I also agree with everything Bradshaw says about this. Rodgers lobbied to get Mcarthy fired, gets a new HC, now wants the GM fired? For drafting a QB the same way Rodgers himself was drafted when Favre was the starter? Tell him to shut his mouth and play or sit out and don’t get paid. That’s the two options, if he sits out we start Love. Pretty easy solution in my opinion

• Options

Or he can just pack his bags, and get his a.. out of town and go where he really wants to go.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Or he can just pack his bags, and get his a.. out of town and go where he really wants to go.

That too!

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

That too!

I've never seen anything like him, a guy wanting to quit the greatest game in the world to go host a game show. It's too bad "The Price is Right" has a host, or he could go there and really make a name for himself!

• Options

One thing I have enjoyed about Aaron Rodgers over the years is the seemingly endless supply of mustache jokes available. Heck, I remember when he walked up in that mug looking like a busted version of Hulk Hogan.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

That too!

I've never seen anything like him, a guy wanting to quit the greatest game in the world to go host a game show. It's too bad "The Price is Right" has a host, or he could go there and really make a name for himself!

That was my favorite game on Price is Right! 👍👍

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

That too!

That was my favorite game on Price is Right! 👍👍

Yes me too, I loved the yodeling!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe he should ask his family for advice. lol.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

Looking like a busted version of Wolverine.

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    maybe he should ask his family for advice. lol.

That’s another red flag about him being a pompous weirdo is he doesn’t get along with his family? It’s not like they are hood rats or something..

• Options

🤔

• Options

Oh, oh! This is hot off the press, Aaron Rodgers reportedly told prospective free agents that he wasn't likely going to be on the team next season.

ProFootballTalk

Report: Aaron Rodgers told prospective Packers free agents he likely won’t be on the team
    Mike Florio
    31 mins ago

Some quarterbacks work to keep their teams together. Aaron Rodgers reportedly has done the opposite.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that, dating back to last season, Rodgers was telling the team’s prospective free agents “before you make any decisions, I’m probably not gonna be there.”

That didn’t stop tackle David Bakhtiari or running back Aaron Jones from re-signing with the team. But money talks, and both got plenty of it to stay. The question of whether they actually stayed doesn’t matter; the point is that Rodgers did the exact opposite of what most quarterbacks do.

He didn’t try to get other players to stay. He likewise didn’t opt for the neutrality of saying nothing. If the report is accurate — and there’s no reason to believe it isn’t — Rodgers tried to undermine the team’s best interests by putting them under the impression that he was on the way out the door.

It’s the latest evidence supporting the notion that Rodgers actively has been working to sabotage the team for which he has played since 2005. He created an issue that required at least three trips by member of the team’s brain trust to California since the end of the 2020 season, in a failed effort to resolve his concerns at a time when the men who made the trips surely had better things to do. Then, he strategically launched a major distraction hours before the draft, a distraction that grew and grew until it culminated in the news that Rodgers wants the man running the Green Bay draft to be fired.

Packers fans understand the nuances of the NFL better than most fans. Packers fans — especially those who own stock in the team — could soon realize the significance of the things Rodgers reportedly has been doing. Thus, Packers fans could soon turn on Rodgers just as hard as they turned on Brett Favre.

• Options

That cowboy look cracks me up every time lol

• Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

I’m not defending Rodgers, but tje irony of Bradshaw calling anyone else dumb as rocks is just hilarious

• Options

@perkdog said:
    That cowboy look cracks me up every time lol

He looks ridiculous, straight out of a Tom and Jerry episode.

• Options

Pathetic.

• Options

Aaron Rodgers, getting rid of head coaches and GMs.

• Options
    edited May 5, 2021 4:34PM

Hey, wouldn't it be ironic if Aaron Rodgers ended up just like Brett Favre, and went to the Vikings and ended his career there, an old grey haired man.

• Options

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    edited May 6, 2021 9:43AM

Aaron Rodgers is such a diva. Apparently, Aaron Rodgers had been texting his friends and telling them that Packers GM Brian Gutekunst is just like Jerry Kraus, the Chicago Bulls GM in the 90s, and he has been demanding Patrick Mahomes type money.

ProFootballTalk

Report: Aaron Rodgers referred to G.M. Brian Gutekunst as “Jerry Krause” in texts with teammates

Mike Florio

More and more details are emerging regarding the rift between the Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Bob McGinn of TheAthletic.com confirms the report from Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports that Rodgers wants G.M. Brian Gutekunst to be fired. McGinn adds that Rodgers has mocked Gutekunst in group text messages with teammates, referring to Gutekunst as Jerry Krause.

Krause, the late G.M. of the Chicago Bulls, was portrayed in a harshly negative light during last year’s 10-part documentary regarding the franchise that won six championships in the NBA.

McGinn also reports that “[i]n recent months, according to sources, the Packers have offered to make the 37-year-old Rodgers the NFL’s highest-paid quarterback.” We’ve reported that Rodgers has requested Patrick Mahomes money; Mahomes is currently getting $45 million per year in new money.

Average value is one thing. Structure and guarantees are another. If the Packers give Rodgers a deal worth $45,000,001 per year but the structure doesn’t force the Packers to keep Rodgers through 2022 or 2023, the Packers will retain their current year-to-year flexibility to flip from Rodgers to Jordan Love. Rodgers wants a structure that gives him a guaranteed spot on the roster for at least two or three years, which could potentially force the Packers to trade Love.

Whatever Rodgers wants, he’s given the Packers more than three months to give it to him. They have refused to do so, to date. For now, there’s no reason to think the Packers will give in.

• Options

what a clubhouse cancer. holy cow. actively attempting to destroy the team

• Options

It just dawned on me with that previous image, he is scared of Tommy.

He isn't just scared, he is terrified. he wants out of the NFC. and bad.

Run Aaron Run!!!

• Options

Oh, oh! This is hot off the press, Terry Bradshaw just ripped into Aaron Rodgers again, caling him "weak", and says "go ahead and retire!"

Fox News

Aaron Rodgers’ growing rift with the Green Bay Packers stole the spotlight last week just hours ahead of the 2021 NFL Draft – but Hall of Fame quarterback and FOX Sports broadcaster Terry Bradshaw called Rodgers "weak" for it, adding: "He should just retire."

The four-time Super Bowl champion appeared on WFAN’s "Moose and Maggie" Monday where he recalled his legendary career with the Pittsburgh Steelers and how he never let who the team drafted impact who he was as a player, referencing reports that Rodgers is still upset over the Packers' decision to draft Jordan Love with their first-round pick in 2020.

"Him being that upset shows me how weak he is," Bradshaw said. "Who the hell cares who you draft? He's a three-time MVP in the league and he's worried about this guy they drafted last year at No. 1?"

He continued: "For him to be upset, my God, I don't understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone No. 1 (1980), Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round (1977) – I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn't worried about those guys. They didn't scare me a bit. So I don't understand why he's so upset at Green Bay."

Reports on Thursday indicated that Rodgers would not return this season unless general manager Brian Gutekunst was fired. Bradshaw fired back, saying if he were the Packers he wouldn’t "budge."

"And then if they fire the general manager he'll come back? Are you kidding me? Really, Aaron, that's where this is? Here's what I'd do – I wouldn't budge. Let him gripe, let him cry – retire, you're 38, go ahead and retire, see you later."

"I'm really strong about stuff like that, and it just makes him look weak," he reiterated. "Either he gives in and Green Bay doesn't, or move on."

• Options
    edited May 6, 2021 10:58AM

Hey Aaron, Shut the “&:*^%#” Up or sit out and don’t get paid.

• Options

Spoiled brat, pampered, diva!

• Options

I can't let go of this situation, this saga, this story, it has a hold of me and won't let go. It's my Watergate!

• Options

Oh brother, now I've heard everything. A restaurant in Green Bay called "Mr. Brews Taphouse" is offering Aaron Rodgers free burgers and beer for life if he stays with the Packers.

Green Bay Restaurant Offering Aaron Rodgers Free Burgers And Beer For Life If He Stays With Packers

Aaron Rodgers, despite being 37-years-old, is still arguably the best quarterback in the NFL and is coming off a season where he won the league MVP. The Green Bay packers know that, which is why they don’t want to trade him, despite his desire to play for another team.

One local restaurant in Green Bay is doing their part in trying to keep Rodgers with the Packers.

According to the Green Bay Press Gazette, Mr. Brews Taphouse says it will provide Aaron Rodgers and his fiancee Shailene Woodley free food and beer for life if Rodgers finishes his NFL career with the Packers organization:

“Seriously, we can’t let Aaron go,” Mr. Brews founder and CEO Steve Day said in a news release, according to the Green Bay Press Gazette. “No way, no how. Not only is he coming off yet another MVP season but he is the face of our beloved franchise.”

“We can offer him and Shailene a delicious meal and great brews whenever they like,” Day said. “Come on, Aaron, please stay.”

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw needs to find the pasture that Chris Berman is on & stay there.

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik