Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just received this in the mail yesterday...

After years of debating whether to take the plunge, along with the usual habit of procrastination, I finally decided to commit to an ANA life membership. I'm glad they gave me a number that's easy to memorize, but I wonder if it also means I should start a type collection?

Anyway, this is my first discussion on this forum, so I wanted to share the news.

Comments

• Options
    CWT1863CWT1863 Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats on taking the plunge. I am also a Life Member and am glad I pulled the trigger and did it. I agree that your membership number seems to indicate that you now have to start a US type set.

ANA-LM, CWTS-LM, NBS, TAMS, ANS

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been a Life Member for 49 years. My membership number is a 3 digit number.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    Very cool membership number! I think that does mean you have to start a US type set.

Yes, it is a sign from the Coin Gods. Order that Dansco 7070 album today!

• Options
    RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭

Very cool! I've been a year-to-year Platinum member since 2010 and have started to consider the plunge. Was just visiting money.org and can't find a link discussing lifetime membership fees. Is that something they only send out with our annual renewal? I know I've seen it before but can't believe they don't market it harder on the site.

• Options
    FreeThinkerFreeThinker Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

@RB1026 said:
    Very cool! I've been a year-to-year Platinum member since 2010 and have started to consider the plunge. Was just visiting money.org and can't find a link discussing lifetime membership fees. Is that something they only send out with our annual renewal? I know I've seen it before but can't believe they don't market it harder on the site.

From my recollection, when I first joined the ANA in 2012, I couldn't become a life member immediately. I first had to join as a regular, gold, or platinum member, levels that required annual renewal. Then, after two years, I think, I became qualified to become a life member and chose to pay the required dues over a two-year period. You're right, though, money.org does not make this clear at all.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations... and a cool membership number. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the club. That is a cool membership number.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file