Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Pack grading process question

Does anyone know if PSA sends modern foil packs to BBCE to be authenticated as part of the grading process? Just wondering if I should do 2 submissions - 1 foil and 1 wax. Would I get the foil packs pack sooner? Like Christmas for the foil and Easter 22 for the wax . . . .

Comments

• I just sent in a pack submission about a month ago and that thought never even crossed my mind. I did have foil and wax on the same sub. I would assume everything goes through bbce first.

On a side note, I’m hoping the increase in submissions is mostly cards which might keep the turnaround times somewhat reasonable for packs.

• eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

I have a pack sub still at Psa tgat was logged 5/27/20. Might get a birthday

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • burghmanburghman Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@eagles33 said:

Yikes - I sent 2 in October. My pre-81 is on the way home to me but I was hoping my post-81 would be back in May/June... maybe not.

Jim

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Foil packs get resealed just as much as wax so I imagine everything goes to Steve.

@eagles33 said:

Holy hell. I was actually just thinking about putting together a pack sub this morning and knew it would take a long time but an actual calendar YEAR!?

I mean, I guess there's no point in waiting to submit it but it just feels like I'm being taken advantage of with that type of turnaround.

Arthur

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I keep saying this, until things get better, just buy already slabbed.

PackManInNC