Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Pack grading process question

Does anyone know if PSA sends modern foil packs to BBCE to be authenticated as part of the grading process? Just wondering if I should do 2 submissions - 1 foil and 1 wax. Would I get the foil packs pack sooner? Like Christmas for the foil and Easter 22 for the wax . . . .

Comments

• Options

I just sent in a pack submission about a month ago and that thought never even crossed my mind. I did have foil and wax on the same sub. I would assume everything goes through bbce first.

On a side note, I’m hoping the increase in submissions is mostly cards which might keep the turnaround times somewhat reasonable for packs.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I have a pack sub still at Psa tgat was logged 5/27/20. Might get a birthday

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@eagles33 said:

Yikes - I sent 2 in October. My pre-81 is on the way home to me but I was hoping my post-81 would be back in May/June... maybe not.

Jim

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Foil packs get resealed just as much as wax so I imagine everything goes to Steve.

@eagles33 said:

Holy hell. I was actually just thinking about putting together a pack sub this morning and knew it would take a long time but an actual calendar YEAR!?

I mean, I guess there's no point in waiting to submit it but it just feels like I'm being taken advantage of with that type of turnaround.

Arthur

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I keep saying this, until things get better, just buy already slabbed.

PackManInNC