Home U.S. Coin Forum

10K post giveaway - I am thankful to be a part of - Golden Opportunity!

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 10, 2021 4:10PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have been blessed with camaraderie, fellowship and education within the forum of Collectors Universe. I have only been a member for a little over 8 years and have seen people come and go, and some even came back. I appreciate the forum members who have not only taken, but have given back to the hobby. The spreading of knowledge makes all of us better in the understanding of areas we may not be familiar with, or did not care about previously, by stirring the embers which can erupt into a new flame of passion. My interests may have strayed from one area to another, but most roads have lead me back to Type Collecting.

My little giveaway does not have an obscure guessing of the number of times I chew my food, how many miles my vehicle has on it (its a lot by the way), or any other craziness, just plain dumb luck of the draw. One reply entry per individual. I will sort through some of my stuff and post an image what is to be given away. I will close the eligibility window on Sunday, 14 March 2021 at 1900 hrs CST and have a name selected soon thereafter.

Keep posting away fourumites!

(images by @robec)

Ok, Here is the give-a-way, a 1912 Netherlands Gold 5 Guilders Queen Wilhelmina NGC AU58. I spent three years, 1989-92 at Soesterberg Air Base, The Netherlands while I was in The U.S. Air Force. This was the time of pre-Euros, and the Guilder circulated within their borders. It was an awesome experience which I will never forget. The Berlin Wall fell during my time there and the base was inactivated Sep 1994.

If you are curious about the base, here is one of many links;

https://www.vliegbasis-soesterberg.nl/TFS-eng.html

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 I agree that the knowledge and experience shared here is great. Glad you're back in the mix. Count me in on your celebration giveaway. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

I welcome receipt of your beautiful reeded edge half! Thanks! 😉

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

There are the Halves, and the Halves not, count me in.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Post!

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx!

• dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭

Count me in boss 🤙

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the opportunity! I am in!😎

• TunisTunis Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the offer. I enjoy reading your posts.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Type is king, baby.

;)

• Appreciate the opportunity! :)

• MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance.

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

How did you know I lust after the 1822 half eagle! SO thoughtful of you!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great prize. I've only had a few CBH's and look forward to yours. :D
    Actually thanks for the opportunity and I appreciate your posts as I do all posts(well maybe not the driveway error posts, but then that's their right).
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tokens and medals make great giveaways! B)

Thanks for the chance!

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks, @oih82w8 - I h8 w8ing 2 🙃

thank you for the opportunity 🔥🙏🔥

congrats on 10k 🏃‍♂️💨

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 10k and thank you for being a valuable contributor to the forum!

• goldengolden Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your contributions.

• d9lowed9lowe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭

Count me in!!! Thank you!

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a terrific gesture. Tossing my name in the hat.

Cheers

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• RandomsRandoms Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

Sweet coin whoever wins

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

Nice coin!

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I’m in. Thx!

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

• ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Congrats on 10k and thanks for the opportunity!

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me in for your give away.
    Such generosity is truly a remarkable thing.
    Glad you are ending this on the 14th and not on the Ides of March which is the 15th. lol :)
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your service. Congrats on 10k posts, and thank you for a very generous giveaway.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity, very generous giveaway. My maternal grandparents were from the Netherlands, I wonder if this piece could have passed through the hands of a relative back in 1912!

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

10,000? Wow. Congratulations on such a feat. Yes, you are absolutely correct on the camaraderie. I continue to shout out, "This Forum ROCKS." The members, as well as, our host. They ROCK too.
    Anyway, how generous you are buddy. What a Giveaway prize! Thank You, sir. I love your posts. Very informative and interesting items you show to boot. Thanks for sticking around. We need your expertise here. Count me in please. - Joey :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 10k and here's to 10k more!
    Thank you for the opportunity!

• vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance!

Vplite99
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 10k!
    Very generous giveaway!
    Thanks for the chance!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are a great member here, if I win..........pick another winner. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the opportunity and glad you’re part of the forum. Good luck to all!

• JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m new here but have been collecting for over 25 years. Nice giveaway.

I had been to the Netherlands a few years ago. Very nice place. My best friend also lives there. This would be a nice touch in my collection if I became the lucky recipient.

Another neat thing I noticed is it’s 1912 - same year of the sinking of the Titanic. So that is another thing that makes this coin interesting to me.

Thanks for holding this giveaway. I may do some kind of giveaway in the future to give back to the community.

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice coin. Really like the Dutch coins, simple but elegant. Thank you for the chance.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, great giveaway! Congrats on the post count!

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!!! Thank you so much. I am in

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

And I see you earned the 1500 Agrees Badge!! 10.000 posts and climbing!!!! To quote a much overused word.....awesome!
    & thanks for a chance...what a nice looking coin!

• BenVBenV Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

Dang, that's a nice one- I'm in, and thanks!

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generous give away, thanks.

• USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very generous, thanks for the chance. I too have taken and given here. It is a great place with piles of knowledge! Thanks again!! :)

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the milestone!

...and an awesome giveaway!! Count me in!!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Pretty coin! Thanks for the opportunity.

Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • EfnickEfnick Posts: 44 ✭✭

Thank you for the opportunity!

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet you can’t guess how fast I started chewing my nicotine gum when I saw the prize :D
    Congratulations on eight years of sovereignty and thanks for the chance.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on 10K!
    Please add me to the list of participants of your generous giveaway. 😊

• BigtreeBigtree Posts: 222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on 10,000 posts! Thank you for this incredibly generous opportunity!

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please put me in the pot O'names and thanks! Great posting by you all of these years!!

Best, SH

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file