Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

(ANOTHER ONE COMING?) welp. that pricing increase happened! (AGAIN)

124»

Comments

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

@weaselpuppy said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

the submission forms now have shipping barcodes to expedite the time from arrival to entry into the PSA system.

Expedite the time from arrival to submission.

*** Checks his Submission page after sending subs in w barcodes the last couple months***

NOPE

Depends on the service level?

I have found that both Express and Super Express are being logged in very quickly. I agree that the lower service levels are neither logged nor worked on quickly but I think this price increase was designed to help that as well, on some level.

I just look for the reasons and evaluating outcomes.

Believe me, I am not trying to make any excuses.

As a side note, my collectors club submissions used to be logged as such (CC Free) and this recent batch of 7 was logged as ‘economy’.

Anybody know if this is just the ‘new way’ because it’s a big difference on an already big wait?

For the record, these were typically right around ‘Regular’ for turnaround time and the form they went in under echoes that (Regular).

I’m a small fish so there’s no point in calling but the longer it does, I’m just about certain that all 7 are going to get upcharges at the end.

I’m honestly not sure what my options are here and it seems foolish to try to inquire about my 7 cards.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    I was sooo close to dropping an NB4 Larkin earlier after the Lazy but I thought it was too soon. ;)

I waited 23 minutes to give you a chance :D

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

I have a sub form I completed and printed out in mid Feb but haven't mailed yet. Wondering if they'll still accept it at the lower price on my printed form?
    Any idea? Can't reach anyone via phone..
    John

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2021 9:51AM

If you did it online and completed it, it should have a mail by date. If that date hasn’t passed, I think you’re good, but mid February seems like a long time. I forget what they usually have as a buffer for sending, but 2 weeks + seems like it would be longer than that.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ahmanfan said:
    I have a sub form I completed and printed out in mid Feb but haven't mailed yet. Wondering if they'll still accept it at the lower price on my printed form?
    Any idea? Can't reach anyone via phone..
    John

Per yesterday's email from Steve Sloan:
    Changes do apply to all incomplete and new orders, effective today.
    So I would say @Batpig is correct.

Guess I can send it and hope.
    John

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • MilehighHOFMilehighHOF Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

@Ahmanfan said:
    John

John, I submitted an order on the 28th and my confirmation email said I had 30 days (until 3/30/2021) for my cards to get to PSA otherwise my order would "fall out of the PSA system". You should still have time if you completed your sub in mid-February.

@MilehighHOF said:

@Ahmanfan said:
    John

John, I submitted an order on the 28th and my confirmation email said I had 30 days (until 3/30/2021) for my cards to get to PSA otherwise my order would "fall out of the PSA system". You should still have time if you completed your sub in mid-February.

Thanks for that info.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

It may have been mentioned in here already, but I see the Collectors Club joining fees also increased. I paid $59 for silver membership last May and now its $99, with 6 freebie costing $199 now, and 15 freebies costing $299 (even though you can only buy the silver right now, still).

• envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

@OmegaD said:

@burghman said:
    Just curious, since I don’t submit frequently and don’t have prices memorized... did these double across the board, or just certain levels?

I looked over the PSA site and got confused. Are these regular prices for everyone, or are they Collector's Club Silver membership prices? If the prices are the same for everyone, what's the advantage of being a Collector's Club Silver member?

For the most part

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@erikthredd said:
    I was sooo close to dropping an NB4 Larkin earlier after the Lazy but I thought it was too soon. ;)

I waited 23 minutes to give you a chance :D

• picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea if I'm doing this correctly, but to have a card authenticated and autograph authenticated it cost $100 ?!
    That used to be like $20..

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:
    I don't necessarily have a solution, but I struggle with the price of grading services being based on the value of the card. Always have and always will. I can't grasp the concept that it cost $300 to have someone tell me my 2018 Luka Silver Prizm is a 10 but only $150 for that same person to tell me it's a 9.

It's human nature to perceive that a company may tend towards making double the amount of $$ for the same effort and materials, regardless of the integrity of that company's employees. It's common sense to assume that cards on the fence would get the higher grade (unless, of course, I submit them :-))

You SHOULD have a problem it. It's a blatant conflict of interest and it's ridiculous.

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Love the popcorn girl!!

PackManInNC
  • weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

Starts Sub for a Magic and Kobe and Tiger rookie

***Notices $50 Economy is suspended****

Delete Sub

Starts digging through late 80s basketball value pile for 7 additional

Starts Value Modern Sub

PSA- Dance monkey, dance!!!

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

@weaselpuppy said:
    Starts Sub for a Magic and Kobe and Tiger rookie

***Notices $50 Economy is suspended****

Delete Sub

Starts digging through late 80s basketball value pile for 7 additional

Starts Value Modern Sub

PSA- Dance, monkey, dance!!!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

A week into the grading fees increase, I've got a couple observations:

• graded items I was trying to sell for a very long time that were priced between $4-$20 went with no takers for longer than I can guess, but then quickly got grabbed up over the past week, often with multiple bidders putting them well over the $20 mark. I don't think the demand for the specific items increased, but rather there was perceived value in them being in slabs that now cost more.

• when I buy raw items, there is a world of difference in my decision to buy vs not now when I consider adding into the item's cost an additional $25 (per-card grading fee plus shipping to and from PSA) + 1 year of grading processing time, as opposed to mentally adding in an extra $7 or so plus 2 to 3 months of grading processing time. I've passed on several raw items recently that I would have picked up before the increase at their same raw price.

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I'd hate to buy raw card and have to put in my will "upon return from PSA, I leave my sub to my children"

PackManInNC
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mexpo75 said:
    I'd hate to buy raw card and have to put in my will "upon return from PSA, I leave my sub to my children"

That's a funny post. Thank you!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burghman said:
    It looks like that on the pricing page, but the submission form shows a low price of $50:

You have to be a member to submit at the $25 per pack level.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.