Home Metal Detecting

I just found big gold!! (Update, owner found!)

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 21, 2021 12:57PM in Metal Detecting

The one thing I had not found yet that was bugging me was a class ring. I always wanted to find a class ring and reunite it with its owner.. it looks like that’s going to happen! I just dug this out of the woods in the Santa Cruz mountains..

The university, program they were enrolled in, graduation year and full name of the person is on the ring. Tracking them down only took a few minutes. I have sent them a message and can’t wait to hear back from them! After the platinum wedding band I returned a couple of years ago, this will be my second owner reunification.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's really cool that you reunite these items to their owners.
    Most people are more interested in monetary gain.
    Good karma my friend!!
    B)

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, great story. And very nice that you gave it back instead of take the financial gain.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find!!!
    My daughter just got reunited with her class ring after 25 Years in the schools football field.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kiyote I commend you for returning the ring. I have located lost items in the past and returned them. Be safe. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they tell you thanks. That's hard for some to do

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have some good karma coming your way, awesome ring find and return!

It's all about what the people want...

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

well done Kiyote

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kiyote.... Well done and congratulations on your successful search for the owner... Always enjoy reading these stories. Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats wicked cool

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great work. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are truly a good person!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great person you are for returning someone else's lost treasure.
    I'm sure the sentimental value for this man far exceeded the price of gold.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Bravo!

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done.

• dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Great story. Perfect ending.

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great story. See if the local newspaper or television would run a story. Great press for detectorists.
    Your parents did a good job by the way.
    Best wishes.

• mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

I lost my HS class ring. Twice. And got it back both times. Finders didn't ask for reward money and I didn't offer any. I think these days if offered reward I would take it. $20 for some batteries? People really do want to reward for this kind of thing.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good show man.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super cool!

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome Karma!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Very kind of you to locate the owner.
    I detected one years ago in a quarry surrounded with woods that was later turned into a park with tennis courts and 2 softball fields, I always rode my dirt bikes there before it became a park.
    The ring was from my H.S., dated one year before my graduating class, his initials were engraved inside the band.
    Fortunately I'd purchased a Class Year Book the year that I'd graduated, took less than a minute to I.D. the rings owner.
    He owned a guitar store in our small town, LOVED the look on his face when I stopped in and after exchanging pleasantries I told him I found something that I believe belongs to you.
    I'm a guitarist and he offered me free strings for life and any accessories at his his cost.
    He was so relieved, his parents were fairly wealthy and his ring was top of the line, they were very angry with him for losing it.
    And, I knew him well throughout my school years, he lived a block away.
    I picked out a few sets of strings and said that it was my pleasure, that was payment enough.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Will1960 .... Great story, and with a happy ending all around. I wish someone would find my class ring....Oh well...we shall see. Cheers, RickO

• CucumborCucumbor Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

Nice gesture from a good person

Q