Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] "Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #12 (aka CoinTalk Giveaway #53)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #12 (aka CoinTalk Giveaway #53)

To enter this giveaway:

Have a look at my swapstock gallery on CollectiveCoin. (Note: that's a very slow link, so give the page several moments to load.)

The winner will receive a $25 USD credit towards anything on that page, plus free worldwide shipping. Lots are subject to prior sale and availability at the time of the drawing. You may choose lot(s) worth more than $25, but would owe me any remaining balance if that's the case. The prize here is a $25 credit plus shipping.

Post an entry post stating how you'd hypothetically spend your $25 prize credit if you won. This choice is not set in stone- you can always change your mind later if you actually win the drawing. I just like to hear people's prize preferences, to get an idea of what folks like, and why they like what they do.

One entry post per member. Additional conversational posts are fine, but will not increase your chances in the random drawing. Entries made here will be tallied on the main CoinTalk thread where the drawing is. If you have membership on CoinTalk, you may post in that thread as well, to give yourself a second chance in the drawing. One post per member per site.

Alternately, if you do not feel like entering the contest on your own behalf, you may nominate another Collectors Universe member to receive the prize instead. Just name your designated member. Then if you do win the drawing, your nominee will get the prize credit.

The drawing should be done via random number generator sometime in mid- to late March, 2021.

Entries from international members are welcome. As usual, there is no shipping charge nor any strings attached.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("lordmarcovan")
Brunswick, Georgia, February 14, 2021

This giveaway is brought to you by Elvis and Lily.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Taking advantage of being here too.

G'day Rob!

Thank you for your generosity, as usual :cool:

Hypothetically, if I were to win, I'd love to add the 1864 2 cent coin to my collection... Having said that, too many choices mate lol.

Thanks

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@luedsthegreat - your entry post here has been tallied on the CoinTalk thread.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Entry post over here, thanks for the generous contest. If my number comes up I would like a set of your elongated coins.

@beaver96 - your entry post here has been tallied on the CoinTalk thread.

• EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2021 8:58AM

Entry Post:

Thank you once again for the opportunity, @lordmarcovan. If I were fortunate enough to win, I'd select the same prize that I selected in your most recent contest.

Edit: My preferred choice of prize would be the Roman Provincial (Antioch on the Orontes): bronze AE 20 of Elagabalus, ca. 218-222 AD.

delenda est WitterU

@EagleScout2017 - your entry post has been tallied on the CoinTalk thread.

• Entry post

If I were to win, I think I would go for one of the 1857 dimes. I have been a fan of U.S. dimes ever since I found a 1939 dime metal detecting in my yard. Thanks for hosting!

• YoloBagelsYoloBagels Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

Entry Post

If I won I'd get the 2 reales, I've always loved these since I started collecting and would like to add one to the cabinet. Thank you once again Lordmarcovan for your generosity!

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2021 12:51PM

Thanks, entry post.

Probably use the funds to knock down the price on the elusive '21 Mercury dime!

• Entry Post

Would like to get a nice set of elongated coins if I win! :)

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Thanks for the opportunity, if most likely grab that beautiful 1908 Indian head. Thank you, Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Thanks for the chance. I will likely choose a type coin that will go towards my circulated type set. Thanks!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

entry post
    I'd probably look at the older roman coins. They've always been of interest.

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post - probably one of the FE cents; never owned one :)

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post. I'm all about the 1916-D buff. Your eclectic array of coins is most interesting. Thanks for the chance. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post - I am leaning toward that '21 Merc. :)

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

@kkm
    @YoloBagels
    @erwindoc
    @noodlesman222
    @bigtime36
    @Kliao
    @Mjwags
    @JimW - only ONE entry post per member per site, please (just counted the first one)
    @Namvet69

Your entry posts are all about to be tallied over on the CoinTalk thread, so they'll be in the March drawing over there.

• Hey @lordmarcovan ! I entered over at Coin Talk and this will be My second chance > The 1956 Washington Quarter . Thanks for the Contest !!

@SensibleSal66 - your entry post has been recorded over on the CoinTalk thread.

• LimeLime Posts: 1

Entry Post: If I were to win, I would spend my money on the steel penny, as I've always wanted one of those.

Thanks for hosting!

edited March 3, 2021 1:01PM

@Lime - your entry post has been registered on the CoinTalk thread.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post.
    Thanks for your kindness.
    I would go for the steel cent.

@mannie gray - your entry post has been recorded on the CoinTalk thread.

• Entry Post
    I'd like the 1950D Jefferson - it's just about the only Jefferson hole that I don't expect to fill, but the Whitman hole will remain, with a reference to the PCGS slab.

@DarkRage666 and @AZSteve - your entry posts have been recorded on the CoinTalk thread.

I intend to do the drawing sometime after midnight tomorrow night (3/21).

Well, actually, that’s tonight, now, since I post this in the wee hours of Saturday, 3/21. So we should have the drawing sometime Sunday morning.

edited March 22, 2021 8:57AM

Well, that’s a wrap. Kasia on CoinTalk (Post #47) won the drawing for this, CT giveaway #53. It looks like she chose the PCGS MS65 1950-D Jefferson nickel for her prize.

CT Giveaway #54 is running over there, but since it’s more of an audience participation thing than a pure random drawing, I won’t cross-promote it over here.

CT Giveaway #55 should be another random drawing like this one, however, posted sometime around the beginning of April.

I’ll be back! ;)