Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:

@RichR said:
    No wonder these flew out the door...they're now going for $499.99 (for the easily deluded) for PR70 (marked on the slab as Advanced Release...whatever that means?) on TV.

Crazy but still...

Yeah Rich, I saw that. It's like they are trying to create rarity where none exists. And Mike Sleazak is making a HUGE deal out of 2021 coins that were minted in 2020. SO WHAT? Can't wait till Jan. 1st to start minting for the current year. And he claimed that now there are 18 "Collector Coin Approved Purchasers" who receive new releases 2 days before the official release of which he is one. Again I say, SO WHAT?

I would like to see evidence for these approved purchasers. All the bulk buyers I know receive no special privileges. Maybe @nurmaler knows.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Available as of now...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gone. Picked up 10 more.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Up for 2 minutes, by my count, picked up one for my collection...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    Gone. Picked up 10 more.

They don't start shipping soon, I'm gonna start canceling. LOL

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had ONE in my cart but by the time I hit the last button they were gone.

Glad everyone got multiple orders in that they may or may not cancel. :#

• Options

@JBK said:

LOL. Just one big order.

I have no interest in canceling. But I have over 300 on order and I could easily blow them out at around $100 each. That's a $5000+ net profit. But if they wait a month to ship them so the price is back down to $73, then I'm just scrambling to break even.

• Options

Yes, I expect that making a profit on these might turn out to be harder work than some imagined. Not impossible, but not huge piles of easy money. Timing will be key.

• Options

@JBK said:
    Yes, I expect that making a profit on these might turn out to be harder work than some imagined. Not impossible, but not huge piles of easy money. Timing will be key.

Yes, it always is with Mint issues. Even scarce ones - and this one isn't exactly scarce - have a definite trajectory with a peak that is within a few weeks of release and then downward.

My only hope with these, should they continue to be delayed, is that there may be a second wave of interest when the Type 2 are released. But, at this point, it is a $20k+ gamble. Although, to be fair, I think the floor is more like $60 not $0.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got an order in at 7:30 for the ASE. Also placed an order for the Tuskegee Quarters at 7:32. In 2 minutes there were 164 orders placed according to my order #s.

• Options

Googled 2021-W ASE Advance Issue and found this.

HSN sent 945 to ANACS on the 8th.....

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Googled 2021-W ASE Advance Issue and found this.

How do we know the date?

Not that it much matters. To the conspiracy theory above, even if they shipped 1000 coins to 18 dealers on the 8th, the remaining coins are NOT leftovers and there are still 300,000 regular issue coins.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

If other vendors had this same "privilege", that may explain why it sold out so quickly.

HSN is selling their "Advance Issue" for $379 plus $13 shipping.

• Options

@JeffM said:
    If other vendors had this same "privilege", that may explain why it sold out so quickly.

HSN is selling their "Advance Issue" for $379 plus $13 shipping.

So far the only source for this advance issue is HSN. But they got 1000 coins (945). If 18 vendors got 1000 coins each, that's still a tiny fraction of the mintage.

I think the bigger reason is likely the subscription people. If you had 100k or more people sign up for the subscription to avoid the lines, then the number of individual coins available on the 11th was much lower.

• Options

I was always under the impression that when the Mint designates an official release date, that's when the coin is issued to everyone - individuals and dealers. That is obviously not the case if HSN sent the coins to ANACS 3 days before official release date.

• Options

Listen at the 3:00 mark....

https://youtu.be/NoqzObZywtU

• Options

@JeffM said:
    I was always under the impression that when the Mint designates an official release date, that's when the coin is issued to everyone - individuals and dealers. That is obviously not the case if HSN sent the coins to ANACS 3 days before official release date.

That used to be the case. And I still can't find any evidence, other than HSN's statement, that it was true. Can you verify the ANACS submission date?

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Listen at the 3:00 mark....

https://youtu.be/NoqzObZywtU

I know what THEY are saying. But how do you verify it? I mean, I know that no direct marketing firm would ever exaggerate...

In the past, bulk buyers couldn't even submit orders in the 1st 24 hours of the sale when there were HHL's in place.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 8:27AM

Advance Release is verified by ANACS.

Even though there was a 99 HHL on Feb.11 release date, HSN was able to get 945 prior to the release date. So, they were able to circumvent the release date as well as HHL.

Too bad you mega flippers couldn't get your load before the release date.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 8:49AM

@JeffM said:
    Advance Release is verified by ANACS.

Even though there was a 99 HHL on Feb.11 release date, HSN was able to get 945 prior to the release date. So, they were able to circumvent the release date as well as HHL.

Too bad you mega flippers couldn't get your load before the release date.

I can't even get my load after the release date.

How was it verified by ANACS? NGC has the same label but I still can't find either one of them defining it.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    No wonder these flew out the door...they're now going for $499.99 (for the easily deluded) for PR70 (marked on the slab as Advanced Release...whatever that means?) on TV.

Crazy but still...

Those were the coins that were pick up from the distribution center on Monday Feb 8th and were delivered to NGC for grading prior to noon on Feb 11th.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JBK said:

LOL. Just one big order.

I have no interest in canceling. But I have over 300 on order and I could easily blow them out at around $100 each. That's a $5000+ net profit. But if they wait a month to ship them so the price is back down to $73, then I'm just scrambling to break even.

Duh....you would lose money at $73😂🤣

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JBK said:

LOL. Just one big order.

Duh...no, that's what I paid. You're assuming there are costs associated with my sale when there need not be...other than gas to get to the dealer.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 10:25AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JBK said:

LOL. Just one big order.

Duh...no, that's what I paid. You're assuming there are costs associated with my sale when there need not be...other than gas to get to the dealer.

Ok...🙄. Please share how you got free shipping for your 99 coin orders so everyone can take advantage of that if they choose to do so.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 11:05AM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JBK said:

LOL. Just one big order.

Ok...🙄. Please share how you got free shipping for your 99 coin orders so everyone can take advantage of that if they choose to do so.

All frequent flyers get free budget shipping. That's no secret. I bought so many Mayflower & V75 coins in January that all my Mint shipping is free for the rest of the year.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/loyalty-program.html

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I assume it started as a joke.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JBK said:

LOL. Just one big order.

All frequent flyers get free budget shipping. That's no secret.

Ok....

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got an email that all budget shipping would be free back in january

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:

I got the same e-mail in early January. Then I got another e-mail the next day saying that it was a mistake because the free shipping program begins fresh in January and will start after 3 purchases. The same mistake happened last year, too.

• Options

@JeffM said:

@Mgarmy said:

I got the same e-mail in early January. Then I got another e-mail the next day saying that it was a mistake because the free shipping program begins fresh in January and will start after 3 purchases. The same mistake happened last year, too.

Yes, they made the same mistake two years in a row. So glad that they learn from their mistakes. LOL.

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021 1:27PM

Man, there's some weird stuff happening with (at?) the Mint for me.....I've had a subscription for 4 Proof ASE's for years. Yesterday, I got 2 notifications from the Mint for 2 'orders shipped' notifications, as well as 2 shipping notifications, 1 from UPS, 1 from USPS, for TWO shipments of proof ASE's. There are 2 completely separate orders in my order history, using 2 completely different shipping methods. My usual 4 had an order date of 2/10 (how's that happen?), with the second order being for 3, and ordered 2/11. But, I never made this second order. Quite frankly, with my subscription, I paid it no never-mind. I never signed on to the mint's site on 2/10, 2/11, 2/12, 2/13.....not until yesterday. My card was dinged for each order. My usual 4 shipped Priority on 2/12 (obviously I'm not a priority, as I've still not received these). The second order for 3 shows they shipped 2/12, UPS 2nd Day Air ($17.95 for that seems cheap), and they're 'out for delivery' today! Short of my account being hacked, anyone have anything like this happen? And, how can an item get ordered 1 day before they actually go on sale??? I'm baffled.......

edit to add......they just arrived, brought them in off the front porch......this is super-weird

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

@NotSure said:
    Man, there's some weird stuff happening with (at?) the Mint for me.....I've had a subscription for 4 Proof ASE's for years. Yesterday, I got 2 notifications from the Mint for 2 'orders shipped' notifications, as well as 2 shipping notifications, 1 from UPS, 1 from USPS, for TWO shipments of proof ASE's. There are 2 completely separate orders in my order history, using 2 completely different shipping methods. My usual 4 had an order date of 2/10 (how's that happen?), with the second order being for 3, and ordered 2/11. But, I never made this second order. Quite frankly, with my subscription, I paid it no never-mind. I never signed on to the mint's site on 2/10, 2/11, 2/12, 2/13.....not until yesterday. My card was dinged for each order. My usual 4 shipped Priority on 2/12 (obviously I'm not a priority, as I've still not received these). The second order for 3 shows they shipped 2/12, UPS 2nd Day Air ($17.95 for that seems cheap), and they're 'out for delivery' today! Short of my account being hacked, anyone have anything like this happen? And, how can an item get ordered 1 day before they actually go on sale??? I'm baffled.......

edit to add......they just arrived, brought them in off the front porch......this is super-weird

This is pretty funny. I wish they had emailed me several v75 eagles!
    I’m fairly certain that subscriptions are mailed early.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

for the 2020 uncirculated coin sets they did not process the subs any earlier, but historically subs are processed a day earlier than the masses.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

It must be the benefits of clean living for @NotSure - I too have had a subscription for a number of years, but my ASE’s are still sitting in the processing status and haven’t moved an inch since 2/11

• Options
    scooter25scooter25 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is still “Processing “ ......does it normally take this long?

• Options

@scooter25 said:
    Mine is still “Processing “ ......does it normally take this long?

Sometimes it says processing for things I had delivered 5 years ago.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf
    Good luck on the position in ASE proofs you’ve acquired, I’ve been there before, sometimes it works out and sometimes you get slaughtered. I just don’t get the good feeling with these W proofs—IMO take the money and run

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 6:21PM

@coiner said:
    @jmlanzaf
    Good luck on the position in ASE proofs you’ve acquired, I’ve been there before, sometimes it works out and sometimes you get slaughtered. I just don’t get the good feeling with these W proofs—IMO take the money and run

Thanks.

I do it all the time. I've yet to get slaughtered, but there's always a first time. I think there is little downside here as 2019 and 2020 proofs are in the $60 range still.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Says it all

Item Number: 21EA
    Mintage Limit: None

• Options
    MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

in for 5, would have rather seen a V75 ASE

• Options

I managed to snag one this morning. Barely.

• Options

Picked up another 5 this morning.

• Options

@JBK said:
    I managed to snag one this morning. Barely.

I bought 8 more cuz there were in my cart.

I've completely lost track of how many things I'm waiting for from the Mint

There's at least one V75 silver medal from this week. There might have been some from a couple weeks ago. I forget.

There's a couple dozen 2020 Mint sets from more than a month ago.

There's at least 300 of the 2021 proof silver eagles.

At some point, all of my credit cards are going to be suddenly maxed out. LOL. If I thought I would learn anything, I'd call the Mint and inquire. But even if they know, the odds of getting someone who knows what they know is pretty slim.

They could restrike the V75 silver medal. The 2020 Mint sets should be done. Maybe they need the packaging?

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still available this morning, just for about a minute tho.

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Damn, I should check their website, maybe they ordered/paid/shipped another order for me.

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone get one of these email messages from the Mint today??

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully
    yes, I did get that very email. I’m not surprised about the delay.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I got that email from the mint.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was already expecting delays. glad they sent an email to confirm it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file