Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

getting phone number from a "deadbeat seller"

I beleive a was ripped off also, a couple of weeks ago. Here is the story: a coin was listed but no bids were placed. (#804521341 1903-S Barber dime) I emailed and offered to buy at the list price of 99.99. Seller accepted and I sent a paypal payment from my bank account. No coin has shown up and I have sent countless emails with no response. I only have myself to blame as the seller had no pictures and (0) feedback. I was wondering if there is a way to get a phone # for a seller. I emailed bidders of other previous auctions from this seller to see if the same thing happened to them. Still waiting for those responses. I think I may be screwed. Maybe somebody can link to this auction #. Any suggestions?
"Once you go slabbed, you never go back".

Comments

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    EBAY LINK

The seller has a Square Trade icon. I know they verify address and phone. Best bet would be to give them a try. eBay won't help because this transaction was not an auction.
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭
    I believe you may be correct in your assumption of being screwed. Check out his other auctions he had listed. A bunch of these ended on the 10th, 11 days ago. There is no feedback from any of these other auctions. Perhaps he is a slow shipper but I would have expected at least a few feedbacks to have been posted by now.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    what is his e-mail address?
    If it's been less than 30 day's complain to paypal.
    Goodluck.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy from anyone unless they've been on eBay for at least 12 months, with 20 or 30 completed auctions.

This one looks bad. Contact PayPal and Ebay, and pray. Sorry.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    You can only get the phone number for the seller if you did a transaction THRU eBay.

Contact PayPal and report the fraud ASAP. They'll yank the money out of his account if he hasn't taken it out yet.
  • Options
    Contact other buyers and see if they got their items. If not, get their names tel #'s and telephone the local PD for this dirt bag. You may let him know he has committed both mail and wire fraud. IRS might be interested too!

That's a lot of people he has screwed over!
  • Options
    This looks dangerous on the surface. He has gotten no feedback, and given no feedback. If he stiffed all those people, he will be Narued soon and lots of people didn't even get kissed!

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    Yes, it appears your only option is to contact the others who bought from him, and Paypal. I wouldn't contact eBay since you didn't go through the "second chance" - they say it is against policy to buy outside of eBay, like that - altho lots of folks do it.

There is also a link someplace from the eBay "Sitemap" where you can request info )phone and address) about others users --- not sure if you need an item number, or not. Another option would be to contact Square Trade - his auctions stated $450.00 protection. Best to follow up ASAP vs. waiting, he isn't answering emails. Is it a "hotmail" or other internet based email address? That would be a bad sign. GOOD LUCK! (I don't buy from eBayers with less than 20 or so feedback for items over a few dollars.)

Happy holidays to all . . .
  • Options
    I assume that by now, you've already contacted Paypal. If not,you should do it at once. I had a similar problem awhile back that turned out okay as I was dealing with a very slooooow seller. However, Paypal was great. Twowood
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    If you have a name and address, you may be able to find his phone number at anywho.

WH
  • Options
    I seriously doubt EBAY will help in any way since you made and end run around the auction. No fees for the sale were paid to EBAY, so there is no recourse through square trade or any ebay buyer's utilities. In fact, EBAY just may yank your account for violating their agreements.

TRUTH
  • Options
    Why don't we all send this loser an e-mail questioning his delivery policy (if any). It may come to naught but at least we can all vent!

http://contact.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserEmail&requested=titre_mighty&iid=804521341&frm=284

Coppernicus
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    unless you used eBay's "Second Request" - don't contact them, or you will be seriously reprimanded - it is against their policy.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Click on their feedback, then ID history and then the contact info box.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody for your responses. I got a response today from this seller. I was told his computer was down and that he did not get to the post office on the day I was told. He apologized and seemed very sincere but it may be a bunch of bull. I sent a few emails to other winners of his auctions and 1 person did receive there coin accurately graded. Havn't heard back from the others yet. I will give them a few more days and then try and contact paypal anyway.
    "Once you go slabbed, you never go back".
  • Options
    This guy sounds like a real Bum. Only has 1 feedback and has left none

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file