Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

investing in tom Brady rookie card

Hello, just would like some in put and thank you. Do you think it's to late to invest in any or his rookie cards? Also does anyone think there an underrated Brady rookie card can has room to run?

Comments

• azvikeazvike Posts: 352 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021 9:52AM

Fleer #352 (Base & Glossy) is still very affordable, but get it while you can... (recommend Glossy).

• I suppose it depends on your goal: are you wanting to collect or invest?

• kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021 4:56PM

@BriantheTaxGuy said:
    I suppose it depends on your goal: are you wanting to collect or invest?

As of now investment

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Jordans been retired for years and his RC cards seem to be doing okay / can’t go wrong with the goats.

• JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021 5:56PM

His 2000 Contenders Round Numbers Autograph card with Bulger on front is amazing in hand. It is a nicer looking card than the big brother Ticket.

A raw one on Januray 17th sold for $2K. Not sure why that card does not sell.

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

He is going to be the Jordan/Mantle of Football card collecting. Basically, over any multi-year period his card prices will rise. His cards have shot up since he made his latest Super Bowl so I would wait. If he loses, values may drop a little (though it is possible the latest gain is related more to Brady proving he was the more important part of the equation in the Patriots two decades of dominance).

All his cards jumped when the Bucs made it to the Super Bowl, so not sure any of them are underrated. Collectors don't give his Pacific cards tons of love, so you can get a numbered Pacific (any of the brands) for less than similar cards made by other manufacturers.

Robb

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2021 5:01AM

If he wins the Super Bowl this year and next year than buying right now is an incredible investment. Think of the free agents who wouldn’t mind playing in the warmth of Tampa with Tom Brady. Like it’s been said, his base value is already established.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that there are 2 cards which are seriously undervalued: Leaf Limited /350 and Pacific Revolution /300. I believe those are his two most limited non parallel Rookies. I really don't think condition is all that crucial on these 2 as they are not condition rarities, but true rarities. The Leaf has an advantage as it shows Brady in his Patriots uniform.

2 more inexpensive options than the above 2 are the Playoff momentum /750 and the Pacific Vanguard /762. both have limited print runs. the Momentum shows brady in full patriots uniform.

If you want to really break the bank, I think the Bowman Chrome Refractor could end up as Bradys 2nd best "rookie" It is extremely rare and is Bradys only Refractor rookie. I believe the refractor pedigree will take this card over even the Contenders rookie ticket in the future. Nothing will ever unseat the Championship ticket, but I believe the refractor will be the 2nd place card when all is said and done.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ now that is a great Brady card!!!!

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jaw drop!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 - thanks!! I kept this one to have a Pat's Brady and a Fleer double 10 Autographics to have a Michigan Brady. Should be fun watching Brady V Mahomes this weekend.

• Great card UFFDAH.

If I had an accurate crystal ball that would be amazing, obviously, but I cannot help but agree with fergie that buying now is buying after such a quick rise in value.

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uffdah - I'll see your Brady and rise you another Ace!

Mike
  • azvikeazvike Posts: 352 ✭✭✭

@ndleo....I don't think you want to get into a card "flexing" contest with UFFDAH.. .

craig44, I hope you are right. I missed out on the Contenders championship auto Brady RC (it was pop 1 in PSA 9) and I was too bullheaded to buy a PSA 8 or BGS 9 instead. The BC refractor Brady is a beautiful card. However, I am hoping the Bowman gold #/99 starts getting some love. That was a pretty tough card to find in PSA 9 and it never seemed to get the hobby love I thought it deserved (it is much rarer than the BC refractor and the Contenders regular auto). I know at least two of the PSA 9s in the pop report are regular Bowman cards that were misidentified (I saw them both on eBay over the years).

Images from my PWCC Vault.

Robb

edited February 5, 2021 1:18PM

My three nicest Mahomes RCs. I bought these in Nov2019 (Optic), Feb2020 (Contenders) and May2020 (Prizm) so a little bit ahead of the curve but not much. The Mahomes Contenders was the most I have ever spent on a single card ($6500) but has worked out pretty well so far.

Images from my PWCC Vault.

Robb

@azvike said:
    @ndleo....I don't think you want to get into a card "flexing" contest with UFFDAH.. .

Yeah I know how impressive Uffdah's collection is, I've been here for a while. We can have fun sometimes.

Mike

@ndleo said:

@azvike said:

Yeah I know how impressive Uffdah's collection is, I've been here for a while. We can have fun sometimes.

Keep posting em!! I love looking at cards and having fun!! Woot Woot!! Even though I am a Packer fan I love Brady and Mahomes cards!!

edited February 5, 2021 2:30PM

I am a Lions/Rams fan. Last week's trade was like swapping wives (like I know!).

The best part of the trade is that I no longer have to see Rodgers smacking Stafford around twice a year.

I subbed these 3, hoping for 10, fearing an 8, settled on a 9.

Mike
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

But you will have to watch Rodgers smack him around once this year.

PackManInNC

Yeah, and the Rams play the Lions as well. That could crack the Matrix.

Mike
  • balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish Jimmy was playing Sunday.

• From an investment standpoint, where would you rank his top 5 cards? I know his SP Authentic card is up there.

edited February 5, 2021 3:43PM

@balco758 - me too!!! Wouldn't that be cool to watch!! Jimmy Brown!!

Sorry Kobe for taking this thread a little off. I would look at Pacific rookies. There are several serial #'d RCs that fly under the radar as for as Brady goes. Downside is that most of the cards I've seen are from the Senior bowl with those awful jerseys.

Since we're all posting......

Mike
  • balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beauty 7.

My 5.5 isn’t too far behind you tho! A 6 sold today that shocked me how it was graded a 6.

• kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    Sorry Kobe for taking this thread a little off. I would look at Pacific rookies. There are several serial #'d RCs that fly under the radar as for as Brady goes. Downside is that most of the cards I've seen are from the Senior bowl with those awful jerseys.

Since we're all posting......

Don't worry I'm really enjoying seen everyone cards there all great.

@kobefan1 - I feel for sure its not to late to invest in Brady. Even if he loses this Sunday. We are talking the MJ of the NFL. Buy the highest grade Rookies of him you can afford and be patient and hold. I feel you will not only have fun but will be rewarded if you sell down the road.

Nice buy. You can’t go wrong. I had a stack of those RCs and sold them for $10 each to someone who was much smarter than me.

Mike