Home Sports Talk

Harden traded to Nets

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Rockets have sent James Harden to the Nets in a blockbuster four-team trade that also involves the Pacers and Cavaliers, completing the unhappy star's exit from Houston and setting up a potential superteam in Brooklyn, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelburne.

The Nets sent Houston a package that includes multiple players and draft picks and features guard Caris LeVert, who was then traded to the Pacers for Victor Oladipo, sources told ESPN.

Center Jarrett Allen and forward Taurean Prince are headed from the Nets to the Cavs in the deal, sources told ESPN, while the Rockets receive Cleveland guard Dante Exum and Brooklyn forward Rodions Kurucs.

Houston also receives Brooklyn's three unprotected first-round draft picks -- 2022, 2024 and 2026 -- in the deal, plus pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027, sources told ESPN. The Rockets also get Cleveland's 2022 first-round pick, via the Milwaukee Bucks, and a future second-round pick from the Pacers

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 4:33PM

So you have Durant, Irving, and Harden on the same team now. This should be interesting. I'm curious to see if they can have a run like the Golden State Warriors superteam did.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

things came to a head last night after the lakers smashed the rockets and harden came out and essentially said this team royally sucks get me out of here now

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see Irving staying on this team or suiting up anytime soon. Just a hunch. They would need three balls on the court at all times to keep the Nets happy

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I don't see Irving staying on this team or suiting up anytime soon. Just a hunch. They would need three balls on the court at all times to keep the Nets happy

m

irving's face is being printed on milk cartons as we speak!(do they still do that?)

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

basketball is stupid !

Why does this need to be a 4 way 37 player exchange ?

the idiotic salary cap or whatever that garbage is even steven hawking can't figure out the rules of how all that works

by far the most complex player personnel rules of any sport

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread violates the rule against posting threads about basketball. :)

In any event it will be interesting to see how the Nets' seasonvwill turn out with the addition of Harden.

For many fans anything less than a 16-0 run to the title with each of the 16 games being a 30 point victory will be viewed as a disappointment.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brooklyn just mortgaged their next 7 years of draft picks to put together a Big 3 that could all realistically leave the Nets to become free agents after next season. This new Nets team better score 130 every night because they’ll be giving that up on defense. They also better stay healthy after losing all of their depth between this trade and Spencer Dinwiddie’s knee injury.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish someday a team would just refuse to trade a disgruntled diva and not pay him unless he plays. Let him refuse to show up for as long as he wants just stop printing the paycheck and eventually they will come around, if not have a nice stay at home until the contract runs out

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

I can't imagine being an NBA player and wanting Harden on my team

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

look at these freaking salaries on the Nets' roster

the most revealing number may very well be Joe Harris (!!) making 16 mil+

and poor Jeff Green is on food stamps

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

My company has floor seats for all Nets/Knicks/ Rangers/Islander games so the star power is nice for fans for Nets games. Too bad we can't use them

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeff Green is being paid a bag of Doritos and a Mountain Dew. Unbelievable.

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

Harden is 220 lbs like I'm 220 lbs

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2021 8:15AM

@billwaltonsbeard - I have no idea what you look like, but I understand the sentiment and consider the agree button to be pushed.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.