Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Nothing special

wevwev Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

But sort of cool. I seldom use cash anymore, but did today at Costco -- $25 paper against $24.99 and got this penny in return. I was going to drop it into the share the change pot, but decided to keep it. It's been in circulation nearly as long as I have and, frankly, looks better for it (despite the crap phone picture).

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good year... Left the Navy that year and my first daughter was born....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember JFK as well. RIP john

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always find it cool to get the non zinc cents in change. I’ve got a big container of them.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey WEV! Nice to see you posting! Any cool new coin silver spoon finds lately? >:)

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. Just yesterday I cashed a check at the bank and added a few dimes to the pile to round up to a larger bill. I received a cent back from the drawer. It was bright mint red and would probably grade mid 60s but it had that look of real copper. I looked at the date and saw 1978-D. I said the year out loud and the gal at the counter said really, that is a nice looking penny for being so OLD. I looked at her and said OLD, oh thanks! The cent is almost my age. The look on her face when she realized the correlation of calling it an old cent and to me being "old". I got my chuckle in for the day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file