Home U.S. Coin Forum

Fractureme Photo question

I purchased my wife a couple of fractureme photos. you upload photo and pick a size and they print the photo directly on glass. The two I got her turned out great. I am going to pick a PCGS trueview to do this with for some art in my office. Now which one should I pick???

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

Fractureme Photo question

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1958 Franklin

I would do a single image of the reverse only of the Franklin as that is an awesome photo.

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2021 4:26PM

the obverse of the nickel and the reverse of the half, it would start conversations

unless you live in Canada, then the 1971 British Columbia

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2021 5:12PM
    1971 Canadian

That reverse of the Canadian, sez it all! Lol
    My opinion.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

unless you work in a coin store, I vote none. bad way to advertise your collection.

I do like the frankie reverse only idea

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1958 Franklin

Can you or the printer separate out just the coin so the coin floats in the glass and the background is clear instead of white?

• davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

I know nothing about how the process is done. I just like the bright glossy look of it. The editing tool of the photo appears limited to cropping based on my memory, but that was late november

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any blast white coins?? :D Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgan Dollar

I'm working on VAMs right now so I could glance at a Morgan all day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Id put the series that has the most special connection on it. All the coins are very nice and you could argue any of them!

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 6:17AM
    1971 Canadian

** bad way to advertise your collection**

so if I have a copy of the "Mona Lisa" in my office it's a tip-off that I collect Art?? :|

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do all of them!

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1958 Franklin

Tossup between the Canadian and the Franklin, but the reverse of the Franklin is awesome so I chose it.

As for "advertising" that's getting a bit paranoid. I had a mousepad at my work that had a collage of all my toned Morgans and it was a great conversation piece.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 11:03AM
    1971 Canadian

So if it's on glass, the object would seem to be mounting it in a sunny place as one would a stained glass ornament. The Canadian dollar would probably be coolest in this respect.

Edit: Just looked at their website, and I see that's not what they do. If someone did do that, though, I'd pick the Canadian dollar.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 11:22AM
    1971 Canadian

i like the 71 canadian (reverse)

@messydesk said:
    So if it's on glass, the object would seem to be mounting it in a sunny place as one would a stained glass ornament. The Canadian dollar would probably be coolest in this respect.

Edit: Just looked at their website, and I see that's not what they do. If someone did do that, though, I'd pick the Canadian dollar.

the back of the glass is a sturdy cardboard or foam board for mounting. Sun will not shine through the item. I am unsure if the backing could be removed as I think it is glued. This is going in my office at home not work. I do like the idea of only doing a single side. I am trying to figure out how to remove a partial logo from half of the trueview

Roosevelt Registry

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1948 Jefferson

The Jefferson Nickel would be my pick, plus its my birth year. lol
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't glass pictures shatter easily?

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

@davids5104 said:

@messydesk said:

the back of the glass is a sturdy cardboard or foam board for mounting. Sun will not shine through the item. I am unsure if the backing could be removed as I think it is glued. This is going in my office at home not work. I do like the idea of only doing a single side. I am trying to figure out how to remove a partial logo from half of the trueview

when you got the email from PCGS Photography they give you links of each cert they have
    if you click on a number it takes you to a picture and then gives you 6 options for downloads
    the last 2 are Max Obverse and Max Reverse (white background)

both of these just give the coin

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1971 Canadian

Young Queen Elizabeth II is much better looking than those other three... <3

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1971 Canadian

You'll have to post a picture of the final result and tell us what you think of it.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1958 Franklin

Unless I lived in Canada, the C Dollar wouldn’t be my choice. That Franklin reverse is riveting.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    1958 Franklin

Fracture is cool.

I will report back. > @davewesen said:

@davids5104 said:

@messydesk said:

when you got the email from PCGS Photography they give you links of each cert they have
    if you click on a number it takes you to a picture and then gives you 6 options for downloads
    the last 2 are Max Obverse and Max Reverse (white background)

both of these just give the coin

I have had these coins for a while so the email is long gone. I think I am going to reach out to PCGS and see if they can send me the white and black background Franklin.

Roosevelt Registry

I have had these coins for a while so the email is long gone. I think I am going to reach out to PCGS and see if they can send me the white and black background Franklin.

try this page for your half

images.pcgs.com//trueview/38037938

@davewesen said:

try this page for your half

images.pcgs.com//trueview/38037938

you are amazing!!!

Roosevelt Registry

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow

that's a coinfacts photo, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    1958 Franklin

A very nice product. :)

That is an awesome Philippine coin. Is the printing actually on the glass, or is it a picture with a sheet of glass over it?

1958 Franklin

Directly on glass

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool.
    One thing that threw me off was GLASS.
    So its actually plexiglass ?

1958 Franklin

They explain their process on their YouTube:
    https://youtu.be/3SNmo7O2jzA

Leave a Comment