Home Sports Talk

Brady vs Brees

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

The showdown is between these two all time greats happening this weekend! They are a combined 85 years old. This is going to be huge. Any predictions or thoughts about the outcome?

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same as the first two meetings this year.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Bucs win 31-20

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is going to be a fun game to watch. Two legends that secretly hate eachothers guts, going at it. I predict the Bucs will be ready this time and edge out the Saints.

Bucs - 34
    Saints - 31

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

can't wait for this game. i do not have a feel for it, and i'm actually glad i don't. i just want to savor every second, as this will be the final time two of the very best to ever do it go head-to-head. it's a gift from the NFL Gods.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm rooting for a Bucs win and expecting them to win also. Of course I also picked the Bucs to go to the SB. I don't bet against Brady...old habits die hard 😂

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    can't wait for this game. i do not have a feel for it, and i'm actually glad i don't. i just want to savor every second, as this will be the final time two of the very best to ever do it go head-to-head. it's a gift from the NFL Gods.

That's a great description. I wish you an ever-full snack bowl, a case of your favorite drink, four hours of no phone calls and an uninterrupted cable feed.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry Brady fans, this season's run for Tom ends with this game.

Better luck next season.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:

@galaxy27 said:

That's a great description. I wish you an ever-full snack bowl, a case of your favorite drink, four hours of no phone calls and an uninterrupted cable feed.

likewise!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Better luck next season.

Like I said, eventually you may be right. But seriously, you said the same thing at the season's half point. You said he would break down as the year came to a close.

You sound like Max Kellerman, who famously tweeted "cliff" (in reference to thinking Brady finally falling off the cliff like he had predicted) when the score was 28-3.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

Better luck next season.

Like I said, eventually you may be right. But seriously, you said the same thing at the season's half point. You said he would break down as the year came to a close.

You sound like Max Kellerman, who famously tweeted "cliff" (in reference to thinking Brady finally falling off the cliff like he had predicted) when the score was 28-3.

I think Brady finally hits the wall in this upcoming game.

If not, i may start believing that his real name is Clark Kent.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough choice. Brees. But won't be upset if TB emerges victorious. Either way I just hope it's a good game and does not involve any bad ref calls that hinder the outcome.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    The showdown is between these two all time greats happening this weekend! They are a combined 85 years old. This is going to be huge. Any predictions or thoughts about the outcome?

Double D,
    Why does Brees look like the Dad from 'Family ties'.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Brady sayeth, 'Thou shalt not defeat me Dad from Family Ties. So it is written, so shall it be'!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭

I want Brady to get a chance at winning a Super Bowl ring not paid for by Kraft.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

no no, you have it all wrong. that's not the dad from family ties, its Burt Gummer from Tremors

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 5:27PM

Drew Brees or Burt Gummer? I couldn't tell you!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am really surprised they were able to drag old Burt Gummer away from his bunker to play in this game. I hope he doesn't bring any land mines

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.