Home Sports Talk

Hey Steelers. How about showing up to play.

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

In your own house ? Jack Lambert must be in agony watching this. What a disgrace.
28-0 in the first quarter.

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just sent them a Zoom invite to join the game

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an amazing fall from grace for the Steelers after starting the season 11-0.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    What an amazing fall from grace for the Steelers after starting the season 11-0.

Changing of the guard , steelers and the patriots are floating in the same toilet !

buffalo and cleveland step to the head of the line

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

Changing of the guard , steelers and the patriots are floating in the same toilet !

buffalo and cleveland step to the head of the line

No, but thank you. I will continue to think of this year as an anomaly.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2021 7:17AM

I will continue to think of this year as an anomaly.

you should probably think of it as a trend.

outgoing QB's in the next year or two will be numerous and notable: Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Tom Brady, Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers. these guys won't play forever. along with guys like Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson there are some newcomers already like Sam Darnold, Justin Herbert and when healed, Joe Burrow and Dak Prescott. also, there are some fine guys that will join the NFL in the coming years.

all that tells me that some perennial winners may fall by the wayside to make room for other Teams. it already happened in New England.

remember, The only thing that never changes is that everything changes.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Steelers proved they were nothing but FRAUDS this year

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Steelers have got some serious rebuilding to do. You can’t have a defense play the way it did last night. “The steel curtain” has become “the tissue paper wrapper.”

As the quarterback back changing of the guard, I agree. A lot of reliable old names are headed for retirement.

I’m not so sure about Lamar Jackson. Yes, he’s flashy and talented, but when a quarterback runs around like that, it’s only a matter of time before somebody hits him hard and does serious damage. Running backs have the shortest careers in pro football for a reason, and Lamar takes on the running back role too often.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

The Steelers have got some serious rebuilding to do. You can’t have a defense play the way it did last night. “The steel curtain” has become “the tissue paper wrapper.”

:o

@BillJones said:

As the quarterback back changing of the guard, I agree. A lot of reliable old names are headed for retirement.

I’m not so sure about Lamar Jackson. Yes, he’s flashy and talented, but when a quarterback runs around like that, it’s only a matter of time before somebody hits him hard and does serious damage. Running backs have the shortest careers in pro football for a reason, and Lamar takes on the running back role too often.

You are right. And as a Patriots fan I don't like the Ravens. But I will say that I can enjoy watching him play, even if they don't really play a style of football I love. He is definitely the best athlete on the field. I wouldn't feel good if he was my QB. Doesn't feel sustainable.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter what team got put into that position it would be tough to come back.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

After the initial faux pas by Pittsburgh, TV went off and settled in for an early sleep. You just knew where the game was going after the miscue.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

this years steelers reminded me a lot of last years patriots. started out white hot, then ended the year with a fizzle.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.