Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

More duplicated serials ???

August 2019 shows $20 2017A PK1* to PK00640000*

December 2020 shows PK1* to PK03200000*

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good catch. I’m wondering if it’s more duplication or a typo.

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Time will tell Steve

FYI, here is the 2017A star set composition so far: PC star, PD star, PE star, PF star, PG star (rare for now), PI star (rare), PK star, and PL star (rare for now).

FYI I might be taking an assumed name over there (you know where) , but will not be a participant. I have some rigging to do first.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

I presume that you are talking about monthly BEP reports? And that you are just talking about the $20s.

How many collectors are collecting the higher denomination stars? It seems that the high face value has always been the obstacle and that many survivors exist just by chance. Do many collectors save only the sets up to $10 or $20 notes and skip the $50s and $100s?

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do modern sets of replacement notes up to the denomination of $20. Like anything else, many $5 and $10 replacement notes cost me more than some common $20 districts.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

@luckybucks said:
    Time will tell Steve

FYI I might be taking an assumed name over there (you know where) , but will not be a participant. I have some rigging to do first.

I left when HoneyBadger became a moderator and started his bias