2020 finally about over.... Year end total

Total of change
around 25.06 according to my notes

Rings
2 silver bands
9 other (junk/costume/vending machine)

2 boy Scout buckles

Lots of junk/ trash but still my best year since I started in 2008
Almost every ring was from the same park (all but 2)

Comments

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021 7:51AM

I've given this advice before; so, please don't be offended. Your finds will increase if you start using a simultaneous multi-frequency detector made by Minelab. The entry level model is the Minelab Vanquish. Other models are Etrac, Equinox, Safari, Explorer, and CTX. Good luck.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice year end totals... Best of luck in 2021... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

@Bayard1908 said:
    I've given this advice before; so, please don't be offended. Your finds will increase if you start using a simultaneous multi-frequency detector made by Minelab. The entry level model is the Minelab Vanquish. Other models are Etrac, Equinox, Safari, Explorer, and CTX. Good luck.

Thank you and im not offended been looking at the vanquish actually thinking of getting one around spring time and thank you.

• Options

@ricko said:
    Nice year end totals... Best of luck in 2021... Cheers, RickO

Thanks and hopefully it will be better in 2021

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's nice!

• Options

@gene2393 - wow! Nice totals! 12 rings! 😁

@Bayard1908 - I don't yet have a MD but I've put in about 100 hours on a Deus when on a trip to England. How does that machine rate in your point of view? I'm heading over there again in August though I missed a trip because of COVID this last fall. 😢 I live in the PNW so we don't have much early metal use in our area history. I hope to get a detector soon and see if there are any rallies, etc. to go to in other areas of the country.

• Options

@Newbiedoobiedoo said:
    @gene2393 - wow! Nice totals! 12 rings! 😁
    Thanks it was a personal best and definitely enjoyed it. Hopefully this year will be even better. Have a few places i want to hit more than I have. I definitely enjoyed the fact that almost every ring last year came from one park (all but 2)

Gene

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭

@Bayard1908 - I don't yet have a MD but I've put in about 100 hours on a Deus when on a trip to England. How does that machine rate in your point of view? I'm heading over there again in August though I missed a trip because of COVID this last fall. 😢 I live in the PNW so we don't have much early metal use in our area history. I hope to get a detector soon and see if there are any rallies, etc. to go to in other areas of the country.

I briefly owned a Deus several years ago. It is mentioned in the thread about my finds since 2014. The Deus I owned had the 9 inch low frequency coil.

At the time, I was very impressed by the processing speed of the Deus and its ability to separate adjacent targets. The Minelab Equinox, introduced three years ago, now offers comparable processing speed and separation.

The Deus is very light, the most comfortable detector to swing of anything on the market.

I never thought the Deus was giving me particularly good depth, although other people claim it is a deep machine. I also thought the horseshoe shaped depth indicator was very poorly designed. What I really hated about the Deus was that it would give a good high tone on steel washers and other round pieces of steel, as if they were silver. I never found a workaround for this problem, although I only kept the Deus for about a month.

The Deus was an amazing machine during the height of its popularity. It still has a cult following among relic hunters, especially those guys who use the white high frequency coils. At one time in the not too distant past, the Deus was probably the most popular machine in Britain. I suspect that the Minelab Equinox has significantly reduced the popularity of the Deus, and I much prefer it to the Deus in every way except for ergonomics.

• Options

@Bayard1908 said:
    I briefly owned a Deus several years ago. It is mentioned in the thread about my finds since 2014. The Deus I owned had the 9 inch low frequency coil.

At the time, I was very impressed by the processing speed of the Deus and its ability to separate adjacent targets. The Minelab Equinox, introduced three years ago, now offers comparable processing speed and separation. ...

Interesting observations. When I went on the tour (all Americans) everyone had a Deus except 1 person had an Equinox. He really liked it but didn't have a lot of time on it I don't think. They have a Deus for me to use since I don't have one. I'll be there again this summer if I can get a vaccine. You're right about the lightness of it. That was nice since I was swinging 8 hrs a day for 12 days with no prior use! 😂

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭

8 hours a day for 12 days? That's a lot of detecting. I can only manage a few hours a a time. Where did you go with your group? Sounds interesting.