Home Sports Talk

Does Deshaun Watson want out of Houston?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are reports that Deshaun Watson might request a trade, sources are saying that he has been talking to teammates about a possible trade request.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2021/1/7/22218803/49ers-trade-rumor-watson-may-want-out-of-houston

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2021 12:26PM

I saw this video where J.J. Watt apologized to Deshaun Watson for wasting this year of his playing career.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently he didn’t like the new GM hire? What’s he got against him? He has since deleted his tweet. Is he upset because it wasn’t the Rooney rule? I’m confused but I stay that way most of the time in this day and age. I liked the 60’s and 70’s better for love and peace a d tune in and drop out. LSD didn’t have long terms affect on me.
    ..... What were we talking about again? Oh yeah. Down with Nixon.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Yes, Deshaun Watson tweeted "Some things never change", I am also confused by this tweet.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2021 3:04PM

@2dueces said:
    Apparently he didn’t like the new GM hire? What’s he got against him? He has since deleted his tweet. Is he upset because it wasn’t the Rooney rule? I’m confused but I stay that way most of the time in this day and age. I liked the 60’s and 70’s better for love and peace a d tune in and drop out. LSD didn’t have long terms affect on me.

I think he might have actually hated the fact it was another Patriot's Way guy.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

I think he might have actually hated the fact it was another Patriot's Way guy.

m

ding.........ding

O'Brien single-handedly wrecked the franchise for the foreseeable future (no cap space, no high draft picks, traded the best player on the team for a can of turnips)

D-Wat is basically saying, "really? going there again are we?"

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

Maybe it's because the guy hired wasn't even one of the candidates turned up by their search firm.

trade rumors are heating up, but when John McClain says something about the Texans it's gospel

edited January 7, 2021 5:59PM

Ian Rapoport is reporting that Deshaun Watson is upset with the Texans organization because Cal McNair told Watson that he would be involved in the hiring of a GM, but Watson was left out of the process. I don't know if this is true, I just read it online. If it isn't true, please don't be upset with the messenger. I'm just a messenger, nothing more. I haven't had my daily oranges yet, and when I haven't had my daily oranges, I'm no good to anybody!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Ian Rapoport is reporting that Deshaun Watson is upset with the Texans organization because Cal McNair told Watson that he would be involved in the hiring of a GM, but Watson was left out of the process. I don't know if this is true, I just read it online. If it isn't true, please don't be upset with the messenger. I'm just a messenger, nothing more. I haven't had my daily oranges yet, and when I haven't had my daily oranges, I'm no good to anybody!

Rapoport usually has good info, not always. But this kind of matches the idea that he doesn't like who they got. Bill O'Brien, in my opinion, was not implementing the "patriots way", but I can also say that there were sometimes rumblings that Nick Caserio was somewhat to blame for poor drafting decisions. Can't say for sure.

I heard he was upset because he wasn’t consulted on the color of the rug in the skybox. I mean he is a genius at 28 and has run billion dollar corporations. Least they could do is put a Amaranth rug in the locker room.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

I love JJ Watt. Walking off the field with Watson after the last game.

"Good job, brother. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. We wasted one of your years. I'm sorry. I mean, we should have 11 wins," Watt said.

Keeping it real JJ

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2021 4:04AM

I can understand Watson being frustrated, I mean they gave away the best WR in the game who also happens to be a low maintenance non diva teammate. As far as him having input on a GM search though, Shame on the Texans for telling him he could be a part of it if they didn’t plan on following through. Nobody knows exactly what the deal is regardless, it could be a racial hiring issue on Watsons end or a Patriot Way thing as well. Who knows, and honestly who cares?

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Watson wants a more structured locker room, well..... I know a team in NE that runs a pretty tight ship...

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@craig44 said:
    If Watson wants a more structured locker room, well..... I know a team in NE that runs a pretty tight ship...

I’d take him in NE but really our WR situation is worse than the Texans

He’s not going anywhere but that franchise is a mess. No draft choices until the 3rd round. No cap space. O’Brien put them in a huge hole for the next 3 years. Watson played his heart out and I have nothing but respect for him AS A PLAYER.
    His stats are absolutely bloated because the Texans were behind all season. He had huge 4th quarter stats and most weren’t garbage time although that helped.
    Why O’Brien traded D. Hop is still a mystery. He wasn’t a malcontent. Was it salary? Then they didn’t use and released Kenny Stills.
    JJ Watt is on the down side of a HOF career but still making huge coin.
    The coaching job is tempting because of the QB but that’s about where it ends.
    The Chargers job is the best spot at this moment. The Jets job is interesting. Jacksonville gets their franchise QB and no state tax. Atlanta and Detroit have QBS but can I say they’re aging? With what Brady’s doing I’m not sure what aging is.

W.C.Fields
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

never mind this BS lets talk about the jack easterwhatsis thing?

How is he still there and who does he have naked pics of ?

I would be shocked if he were traded to another team. But I imagine the story picking up juice. It would be possibly the biggest haul since the Ricky Williams deal.

come on who has the story behind this jack easterby crap? he was a friggin hotdog vendor in New England

It looks like he was sent down to completely destroy the Texans and hes nearly done it

@craig44 said:

watson is an idiot if he thinks he should have a say in who is in the front office. :D

Does the boob sweeping the parking lot at burger king get to fire his manager?

Now I hear he is upset that Eric the enemy is not going to be the coach! Who says benemy wants the damn job? Who in thier right mind wants any job there?

@bronco2078 said:

@craig44 said:

watson is an idiot if he thinks he should have a say in who is in the front office. :D

Now I hear he is upset that Eric the enemy is not going to be the coach! Who says benemy wants the damn job? Who in thier right mind wants any job there?

Trust me everyone is going to be angry if Bienemy doesn’t get a Head Coaching or GM job

14 teams in the playoffs and we again are talking about a 4 win team. Seriously?

W.C.Fields

The Lions should go after Bienemy hard but I think they get SF's D coach. He is from that area

m

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    The Lions should go after Bienemy hard but I think they get SF's D coach. He is from that area

m

They've interviewed both of them. Saleh is the favorite at the moment.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goff and the best defensive player in football- Aaron Donald straight up for Watson.

Oh, oh, now I'm reading that this GM incident is strike two against the Houston Organization for Watson. The first strike came when they left Watson out of the loop about the Deandre Hopkins trade.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watson to AZ next w/money and/or draft picks, Murray to Houston.

Come on guys, these Deshaun Watson theories are just insane. We all know Deshaun Watson is going to the Jets!

Let me be the first to start the Stafford to Houston and Watson to Detroit rumors

m

edited January 8, 2021 6:12PM

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@craig44 said:

Trust me everyone is going to be angry if Bienemy doesn’t get a Head Coaching or GM job

houston is a dumpster fire . They let O'brien trade the great WR then they fired O'brien ??? what sense does that make?

Let me mention easterby again? They extended him? wtf is going on there ?

The big problem with the dallas cowboys is jerry jones . Houston apparently jealous of the level of stupid jerry brings so they decided to become 2.5 times as stupid as jerry. They are going about it different but they are worse than dallas

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I can understand Watson being frustrated, I mean they gave away the best WR in the game who also happens to be a low maintenance non diva teammate. As far as him having input on a GM search though, Shame on the Texans for telling him he could be a part of it if they didn’t plan on following through. Nobody knows exactly what the deal is regardless, it could be a racial hiring issue on Watsons end or a Patriot Way thing as well. Who knows, and honestly who cares?

perkdog, well said.
    I wouldn't want to be lied to if I was Watson either. Never mind that a QB isn't normally involved in GM hiring
    discussions, if he was told he would be then the owner flat out lied to him.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Oh goodness, ex-Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson says that Deshaun Watson is right to "turn on the pathetic Texans", and he says Watson should stand his ground.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/andre-johnson-deshaun-watson-trade-texans/eql9jkh81wkw1t7rg2u2ijuc7

Jack EASTERBY ! is the wrecking ball swung at the texans

@bronco2078 said:
    Jack EASTERBY ! is the wrecking ball swung at the texans.

Are you thinking Belichick sent him there to destroy the organization? 🤔 😂

@thisistheshow said:

@bronco2078 said:
    Jack EASTERBY ! is the wrecking ball swung at the texans.

Are you thinking Belichick sent him there to destroy the organization? 🤔 😂

human hand grenade :D

Could Deshaun Watson actually end up with the Jets? Yonkers entrepreneur Wayne Schneider posted a picture of the front page of a magazine suggesting the Jets trade for Deshaun Watson. There's a buzz online because Deshaun Watson "liked" the post by Schneider.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/01/19/deshaun-watson-is-fueling-jets-trade-buzz-all-thanks-to-the-post/amp/

liked a post :D

pro athletes are basically tween girls now , liking posts and giving each other makeovers

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's pretty clear that something is wrong with the management in Houston, given that several players have openly criticized them while wanting out. that's not unusual, what is unusual is for a player to be quiet as he watches his NFL career being wasted by incompetence. two of the Texans in that boat are Watt and Watson. I'm sure that the Houston Texans could go 4-12 without both of them and they could certainly help another Team improve their record, especially Deshaun Watson.

speaking of "wasted careers" and players who stay quiet, Joe Thomas did that in Cleveland. I can't understand why he stayed loyal to the Browns because that is almost unheard of in any Sport now, but he did until he was injured. he'll be in the HOF eventually but I'd bet if he was on another Team he'd have come back after rehab.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rams: Goff, three firsts, plus any player other than Donald.

As we all know, Deshaun Watson has requested a trade. Now the Chicago Bears are calling Houston. The Bears want Watson bad man!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/28/report-bears-have-called-texans-about-deshaun-watson-trade/amp/

The current Watson sweepstake odds

@doubledragon said:
    As we all know, Deshaun Watson has requested a trade. Now the Chicago Bears are calling Houston. The Bears want Watson bad man!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/28/report-bears-have-called-texans-about-deshaun-watson-trade/amp/

i almost had to be resuscitated when i saw this

this is the big one! you hear that elizabeth? i'm coming to join you honey!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bears and Texans have a little dumb and dumber in them.
    The Bears are dumb because they could have just drafted Watson in 2017. (or Mahomes)
    The Texans may be even dumber because they did draft him but are such a pathetic
    franchise that after 4 years he already wants out.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:
    The Bears and Texans have a little dumb and dumber in them.
    The Bears are dumb because they could have just drafted Watson in 2017. (or Mahomes)
    The Texans may be even dumber because they did draft him but are such a pathetic
    franchise that after 4 years he already wants out.

The best part about Houston is letting Bill O’Brien give away D Hop lol

According to Chris Simms, Deshaun Watson is willing to sit out the 2021 NFL season if he isn't traded.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chris-simms-deshaun-watson-willing-to-sit-out-2021-season-if-he-isnt-traded/ar-BB1dkjoi

Watson thinks hes a holmes , shut up and dribble buddy

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    According to Chris Simms, Deshaun Watson is willing to sit out the 2021 NFL season if he isn't traded.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chris-simms-deshaun-watson-willing-to-sit-out-2021-season-if-he-isnt-traded/ar-BB1dkjoi

That will never happen. They could franchise him. If he refuses to play, I'm thinking that's career suicide.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Something tells me that these guys running the Texans are a bit obtuse and also willing to go down with the ship. Time will tell.

@JoeBanzai said:

@doubledragon said:

That will never happen. They could franchise him. If he refuses to play, I'm thinking that's career suicide.

Agreed, he is talking tough but once he realizes he isn’t getting his way and they stop paying him and he loses an eligible playing year he will probably have a change of heart and money will draw him back with his tail between his legs.