Home Sports Talk

Poll: Do you prefer College or Pro Football

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Poll: Do you prefer College or Pro Football

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro

there is only one correct answer , hint its not college.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro

I love Pro football.

No interest in college ball. I won't even watch the college championship game.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro

I love college football, but it doesn't compare to watching the game at the highest level.

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 12:49PM
    College

I grew up in Oklahoma near OU in the 70s where there were zero pro teams. I had little recourse other than being a Sooner fanatic, Of course, many (including the NCAA) considered the Sooners to be professional since many of the players were actually paid. LOL :)

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 1:19PM
    Pro

I used to prefer college football until my school disbanded football and had become a basketball, hockey and women's softball powerhouse

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 2:06PM
    Pro

I can watch more pro ball with interest. Now, UGA Saturdays tailgating and going to the game are hard to beat...but Sunday with a good cigar and the friends and neighbors at the bar and all the pro games going on a bunch of tvs is pure football gold to me.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 7:11PM
    College

I watched Pro football up until about a few years ago. Its gotten too political for me ,and the ratings keep falling. The Ohio State vs alabama game is going to get huge ratings. Pro football has become an arena like league. Not much fun to watch anymore. Players always sitting out for stupid reasons. Was a great sport to watch in the 70's through 90's. Now its a joke. College is 10 times more exciting.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro

College football is for kids.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither

Neither as in I can watch either. College has the Buckeyes. Pros are extremely athletic but I am sick of the politics.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro

I prefer the pros. I don’t have a favorite college team. I graduated from the University of Delaware and Rutgers. Delaware had an excellent Division II team when I was there, but they rarely got on TV and have not been good for years. Joe Flacco headed up the last good team.

I went to Rutgers to get an MBA as fast as possible. That was it. I have zero school spirit for the football team. It was in New Brunswick; I was commuting to Newark as a day and sometimes night student.

As for rest, I have occasional interest in some teams, but there is no commitment.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro

Not even debatable in my opinion

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College

I watch both, and my answer may be different for a particular reason. I played school soccer in the fall. After five days of school and soccer, Saturday’s were a great day to do nothing and watch football. Sunday’s were a church day and the day before school. So I always have better memories of college over pro. Saturday’s were always more free than Sundays. Too much homework on Sunday.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro

Pro. Only College football interest is the final 4. Same goes for the final 4 in College Basketball.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".