Home Precious Metals

why precious metals and cryptos are getting ready to explode

derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 22, 2020 9:04PM in Precious Metals

Chart as of 9/28/20, already out of date. Nov. and Dec. dollar increase numbers not yet available.

Dollar alternatives are heating up.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• HJPHJP Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

If the powers that be are able to pull off the forced digitization of our currency- cryptos could be the biggest bull trap ever played.

When you have unlimited funds, and control the off switch, there is no two way market.

At the same time it may be likely that precious metals (gold in particular) would be taxed to the point of driving the big bullion businesses under

Those of us who hold metals may need to wait 10 years or more before the market fir bullion comes back.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

the bullion market will do what it always has, respond to inflation. Guess what feeds inflation?

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

2021 should be very interesting in the metals market. I believe we will see some action shortly. Cheers, RickO

edited December 23, 2020 9:10AM

Keep in mind that when PMs go up over the long term they are not creating real gains. only taxable ones. They are simply creating real buying power protection. They are locking in the value of the dollars used to purchase them while other dollars wilt around them. The upcoming $600 $1000 stimulus check being put directly into consumers' hands does not bode well for price inflation. And it is only a teeny, tiny piece of what the above chart will show at the end of the year.

Some here have weathered years of ridicule for warning of ongoing dollar destruction. You are now witnessing it first hand as it is no longer being kept under wraps. Some say it has been expedited to create a needed dollar crisis that the "great re-setters" will not let go to waste. We will know as soon as they succeed in driving the dollar into the ground.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan Bongino has it right - the government is broken and so is the monetary system. It's basically every man for himself. Sad.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • HJPHJP Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Walk quietly & carry a big stick.

Those who do not realize the great hood winking which is taking place are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Your vote didn’t count. Now, your money won’t be able to speak for you either.

• alexercaalexerca Posts: 243 ✭✭✭

18 years ago I decided I would look into how money came into being! In 2005 I sold my key date collection and started investing in PM mostly gold. I like where I stand now! As long as my health holds I'm pretty much prepared for any event!

How to imagine the enormity of $1 Trillion:

If you had to wait one trillion seconds for something you would be waiting 31,688 years.

If you printed a $1 bill every second it would take you 31,709.8 years to have $1 Trillion.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Feeble minded men operate the monetary system of governance. Don't blame me. I use debt to buy gold.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    How to imagine the enormity of $1 Trillion:

If you had to wait one trillion seconds for something you would be waiting 31,688 years.

If you printed a $1 bill every second it would take you 31,709.8 years to have $1 Trillion.

Shouldn't both number of years be exactly the same? :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

edited December 24, 2020 7:08AM

yes, a bit of rounding in each example.

If you waited 1,000 seconds, it’d only take about 17 minutes. If you waited 1 million seconds, you’d have to wait about 11.5 days… But if you waited 1 trillion seconds, you’d have to wait 31,688 years.

If you printed $1 per second, you would make $1,000 every 17 minutes. After 12 days of nonstop effort you would acquire your first $1 million. Thus, it would take you 120 days to accumulate $10 million and 1,200 days — something over three years — to reach $100 million. After 31.7 years you would become a billionaire… But not until after 31,709.8 years would you count your trillionth dollar.

I'm banking that bicoin and silver will be top performers in 2021. I've been selling gold to buy both.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    I'm banking that bicoin and silver will be top performers in 2021. I've been selling gold to buy both.

"bicoin" huh?
    You curious about that?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭

He said he was buying "both"

• RobMRobM Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Bicoin.... What do think would be a good entry point?

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

they have a bitcoin special on paypal now, a 10 coupon if you use bitcoin on your next purchase

2021 outlook: Gold or Cryptos?

"The question remaining is what will replace collapsing fiat currencies: limited issue distributed ledger cryptos, such as bitcoin, or precious metals, such as gold?"