Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pretty Pennies (if you like them, lol)

Hi Friends,

Over 25 or so years of passion for Lincoln Cent Varieties I've amassed thousands of BU Wheat rolls that have been searched for varieties, thousands that have yet to be searched and thousands of singles that have been searched. Recently I began the journey of going through the searched rolls and singles to pick out high grade treasures and specimens that are just pleasing to the (my) eye and send them off to OZ for encapsulation. I recently received back my first 50 or so from OZ and want to share a few that I find the colors of visually pleasing. Nothing rare or very valuable (other than the 42DDO) but IMHO nice colorful coins with character. Images are a bit "over detailed" and coins are much creamier (I think that's a word, lol) in hand. Hopefully some here will enjoy the images! :)

Comments

• Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

nice 54s and 24P

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still have rolls?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice group of cents.... And excellent pictures. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    EScott83EScott83 Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

Thanks friends! Yes on still have rolls.....but down to only 4500 or so. I likely need medication. ;)

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some nice coins but definitely great pictures!

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

That 1925's a beaut!! When did you first start collecting them, to have so many nice ones? All from circulation? Mine are just singles for Whitman folders, and all are out of circulation, but I didn't start until the early 1960's......... And mine don't start looking that nice until ones from the mid-70's at best......

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pictures. What did your 42 DDO and the last 54 S grade?

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

Hi WS,

The 42 is 64RB and the last 54-S is 66R.

Hell of a collection you're amassed my friend...WOW!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your story of stopping by coins shops during your travels to snoop and buy rolls.

Since 1998 I have done the same thing in the western US to snoop for find and cherrypick 1950-1970 cameo proof and SMS coinage, plus other 18th through 20th century coinage that appeals to me. A fun way to collect.

• Options

SanctionII,

Right! It is fun! It's interactive, exciting, mysterious and often profitable. True modern day treasure hunting!Plus, the education of genuine rarity it brings can't be obtained any other way. Congrats to you for the fulfillment you find in it.

Although I have nothing against those that like to surf the internet (auction houses, Ebay, etc.) to try to cherrypick, I feel doing so in person (even for standard issue coins) adds a level of value to the whole process. I have soooooooo many great treasure hunting drama and excitement filled memories. Even still, in searching the mass of rolls and bags I still have it's always exciting...and relaxing. For me these are among the things I'll remember and be grateful for when I'm on my death bed. Watching another touchdown or home run on an electronic screen has never appealed to me as something that would make that list.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to have seen the reverse on these cents.
    Nice!
    Excellent pics too.

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    I'd like to have seen the reverse on these cents.
    Nice!
    Excellent pics too.

<3

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some very nice Lincoln Cent obverses.

Do you have any of the reverses to match?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pics and attractive cents! Please tell me what OZ is? Is this a reference to the wizard of oz? Is OZ PCGS?

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EScott83 said:
    Thanks friends! Yes on still have rolls.....but down to only 4500 or so. I likely need medication. ;)

... or Lasik. :) . Very nice coins. Will we see more of them?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was very refreshing, I must say.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

Thank you all for the enjoyable feedback! Sharing with other passionate collectors is what makes the hobby fun.

As requested reverse images on the way. :)

• Options

Here we go! In the same order.

Thank you all for allowing me the opportunity to share.

• Options
    stockdude_stockdude_ Posts: 456 ✭✭✭

Nice coins and great story!

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins and Great Pictures........I hope you do well with them.

OINK

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice Cents. Thanks for sharing, hope you share more and as already stated really great photos. I don't think you should photograph the 4500 rolls as it would only make us hate you. lol
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I 'liked' your posts not only for the great images, but just as much for the passion that came out in your words...sharing your childhood collecting experience and the enjoyment and great memories you've experienced and made over the last 25 years. That is where it is at, love it!! So awesome!!

Jeff

• Options

Hello friends,

I want to send a sincere "THANK YOU" for all the great compliments and, at the risk of volunteering information nobody may care about, I'd like to briefly explain why.

The responses and feedback from my little image post have truly put a smile on the face of me and my gal.
    The fact that people here "get" the passion side of things is soooooo refreshing, especially in this modern age of instant gratification and external validation. In my (maybe worthless) opinion passion is what gives anything and everything genuine value which is far different and far more valuable than "paper dollar" value. In numismatics the desire, the education, the hunt, the find, the sharing...that's what's durably valuable, IMHO.

After 25 years of collecting I'd (as many have) amassed a borderline OCD driven volume of coins. About 4 years ago I decided it's time to start liquidating. I figured if I started then I'd be done by the time I turn 312 years old, lol! I heavily researched all the available venues to do so and although they're all great there was (are) a few things I found missing that are very important to me personally; 1) Personal collector to collector connection...creating "relationships" 2) Old school "the customer comes first" customer care and service and 3) Truly revealing, consistent and accurate visual representation of coins.

So...I decided to create my own entity. I learned computers and programming, how the entire electronic marketplace works from servers and hosts to merchant providers and, although having never owned a camera, I taught myself photography. I spent endless hours manufacturing my own imaging station and even invented and manufactured a dynamic imaging device that captures and displays the true and accurate depth, vibrancy and luster of numismatic items in a quality never before seen. This will be debuting soon!

My dear, patient, caring gal has stood by and supported me while I worked endlessly and madly attempting to accomplish these passion driven personal goals. There's not a better partner in the world! :) In fact she did the hard part which was tolerating me!

So...to receive the compliments "we" have on "our" coin images from fellow collectors is more valued and appreciated than most can even imagine. THANK YOU ALL for the kind words! It really is gracious and kind of you.

Just for fun I've added a few of the micro images of varieties that I create....kind of cool (to us anyway) to see all the detail in the metal flow.

We hope you all find them interesting.

Thank you all once again!

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great story and images! Maybe Ill go the the LCS and try to fill a few holes tomorrow. The first 2 pages of the dansco are the most difficult.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file