Home U.S. Coin Forum

Need Feedback on This Coin Please..

LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to know any thoughts, good, bad, whatever, you may have on this coin please.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

The label says it all. Are you uncomfortable with PCI?

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2020 5:05PM

Nice. I'm no expert in grading or too familiar with Bust halves but why is that graded only a EF? To me, it seems much better? I Like the tone as well. :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    The label says it all. Are you uncomfortable with PCI?

I've had this coin for quite a long time, maybe 30yrs, and purchased it raw from a local B&M dealer. I was the one who sent it to be Graded waaaay back when.

@joeykoins said:
    Nice. I'm no expert in grading or too familiar with Bust halves but why is that graded only a EF? To me, it seems much better? I Like the tone as well. :)

Not arguing the grade as much as other things.

@MFeld said:
    The coin looks XF 45 in terms of wear, but at least lightly cleaned. See how the protected areas about the stars and letters are darker than the remainder of the surfaces. And note (among other areas) the lines above and to the right of the “50” in “50 C” on the reverse.

Yes.
    Also, not my ultimate concern.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

The detail is all there, but it looks like it was wiped at one time.

@fathom said:
    The detail is all there, but it looks like it was wiped at one time.

Again, not a worry for me.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LeeBone said:

@MFeld said:
    The coin looks XF 45 in terms of wear, but at least lightly cleaned. See how the protected areas about the stars and letters are darker than the remainder of the surfaces. And note (among other areas) the lines above and to the right of the “50” in “50 C” on the reverse.

Yes.

What, if anything, is your concern?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2020 5:15PM

It's an old-school XF-45. I'm kinda surprised it isn't in an AU holder, though.

If interested, it's the Overton 104 die marriage...R-2 on the rarity scale. I like it.

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.

@MFeld said:

@LeeBone said:

@MFeld said:

Yes.

I had listed it on The Bay and had my listing removed for the question of authenticity?!

What?

Uh, NO!

Cleaned, wiped, etc, sure. I can live with that. I know the "way" to list unapproved Third Party Holders on there and abided to that, BUT, I guess someONE thinks it's a Counterfeit/Replica by their standards. It's not. I had a long Chat with a service member who was less than helpful. I've been a member for 19+ yrs on there selling many coins and now they're questioning me? I don't get it. Pretty frustrating is all I can say. :s

@LeeBone said:

@MFeld said:

@LeeBone said:

@MFeld said:

Yes.

I had listed it on The Bay and had my listing removed for the question of authenticity?!

What?

Uh, NO!

Cleaned, wiped, etc, sure. I can live with that. I know the "way" to list unapproved Third Party Holders on there and abided to that, BUT, I guess someONE thinks it's a Counterfeit/Replica by their standards. It's not. I had a long Chat with a service member who was less than helpful. I've been a member for 19+ yrs on there selling many coins and now they're questioning me? I don't get it. Pretty frustrating is all I can say. :s

I haven’t examined the pictures carefully, but nothing made me question the coin’s authenticity.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

It's Authentic with no doubt.

Burns me up..

@braddick said:
    eBay removes listings for PCI coins when the grade is featured within the listing and photos. Photoshop out the grade and you should be ok from what I've seen.

Hmmf, is that the real issue here?

I will try that, thanks for the heads up, was not aware.

edited December 9, 2020 5:43PM

@LeeBone said:

@braddick said:
    eBay removes listings for PCI coins when the grade is featured within the listing and photos. Photoshop out the grade and you should be ok from what I've seen.

Based on your comment copied below, I thought you’d already taken care of that. But if not, Pat is likely correct.

“I know the "way" to list unapproved Third Party Holders on there and abided to that,..”

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's an example of how to list on eBay with PCI coins:

peacockcoins

@MFeld said:

@LeeBone said:

@braddick said:

Based on your comment copied below, I thought you’d already taken care of that. But if not, Pat is likely correct.

“I know the "way" to list unapproved Third Party Holders on there and abided to that,..”

Not trying to "fool" anyone.. I know the TPG accepted and abide by the rules.

Maybe because I had PCI in the listing? No grade listed though.

@braddick said:

Thanks!

@LeeBone said:

@MFeld said:

@LeeBone said:

@braddick said:

I don’t understand why you put “fool” in quotes, as I didn’t think or imply that you were trying to fool anyone. Best of luck.

@MFeld said:

@LeeBone said:

@MFeld said:

@LeeBone said:

@braddick said:

I don’t understand why you put “fool” in quotes, as I didn’t think or imply that you were trying to fool anyone. Best of luck.

I did not have that in my listing.
    Just proving a point to say that I would never mislead anyone on a coin purchase.

• MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LeeBone said:

Yep. You can't include the grading company.

@MasonG said:

@LeeBone said:

Thank you 😊

@MasonG said:

@LeeBone said:

Well, yes and no. Type PCI in the search bar and over a hundred listings will populate. If it is a rule with eBay they certainly don't enforce it.

peacockcoins

Got it.
    Thanks.
    Sold to a Forum Member.
    🙂

• MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    Well, yes and no. Type PCI in the search bar and over a hundred listings will populate. If it is a rule with eBay they certainly don't enforce it.

They enforce it when somebody complains. eBay depends on unpaid volunteers to report listing violations. Somebody ratted LeeBone out.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, no reference to PCI or grade in the description or title either. Ebay does not recognize PCI as an approved grading company. Good luck, Lee.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

If eBay were serious about enforcing it, they wouldn't allow their system to populate with "PCI" listings under "Coins" as they do now.
    Completed auctions and sold auctions can also be located by typing "PCI" in their search settings.

peacockcoins

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

It used to be you could not show or mention the grade on an 'unapproved' grading service slab. Only PCGS, NGC, ANACS, ICG had eBay approval. I just did a search on eBay and see many with visible numbers, not sure if the self-proclaimed police have gotten lazy or rules have changed.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to report all the 'rules' violations on ebay would be a full time job for many, many people. That is why they rely on participants to report issues, then respond when enough concern is noted. Sort of like self check out at the supermarket... They have developed a method to cut cost/employees by making the shopper do the work. Cheers, RickO

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

EF 45

Coins & Currency
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@LeeBone said:

@MFeld said:

Yes.

Seriously? You ask for any comments and then answer each one with "not my concern"????

Here's my opinion: Life's too short.

• @LeeBone said:

@MFeld said:

@LeeBone said:

@MFeld said:

Yes.

What?

Uh, NO!

All it takes is one hater to flag it...and jealous people or the ones who THINK they know it all will give you problems

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin. I like it.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • RayboRaybo Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't perused Ebay for coins in quite a while, but if I did and saw your coin LeeBone, I would have snatched it up in a hot second.
    I really like it no matter the holder.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one.

• WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm.

I wonder If it would work out to put a penny (sorry - CENT) over the grade, date side up, using a year with the last two digits matching the PCI grade?

That should not count as a violation. And no one but the buyer could prove otherwise as the grade would not be listed anywhere.

@braddick said:

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file