Home PSA Set Registry Forum

This is my PSA Registry Set Ranking: 2538th of 43216 users

:)
There must be a LOT of people who have a lot of partial sets or other to get me that high !!

Comments

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2020 12:52PM

I think it’s based on those stupid medals or trophies or whatever they call them, not on your actual card collection. Not sure though.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it is based on the defined criteria to earn the medals. Many different criteria based on Completion, Collection, Competition and community. You don’t have to buy cards and build sets to earn some of the points.

But yes, they points really don’t get you anything.

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

I moved up 40 spots by starting a De'Aaron Fox rookie set. I have a Prizm Fox, 1, and zero plans to add any more Fox RCs period. Yet, 40 spot improvement. :D Spanner in the works of the ranking criteria.

• BigMike79BigMike79 Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

I am 13th on there. Just has to do with the medals. Funny though cause Mcholke is 12 and he is always the person im either 2nd to in rookie sets or tied to. Fitting he would be one above me in some arbitrary medals ranking as well.

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised that there are 11 people in front of Kevin in pretty much anything card related.

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Turns out I'd have to do these things to "finish" the achievements:

(1) Start a Football/Basketball/Hockey player set
    (2) Start a Fooball/Basketball/Hockey rookie player set
    (3) Start a Football/Basketball/Hockey key card set
    (4) Start a Basketball/Hockey team set

Um, nope. :|

P.S. It baffles me that merely starting these ("Hey, I have one hockey card!") is enough to get an atta person! Odd.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 2 cents...

I totally agree with the medal nonsense. This must have been a brilliant suggestion by some PSA employee to entice more Registry sets...back in the day. I have a bunch of these things, and they mean NADA to me...don't even get a free grading, like zip. However, if in fact the acquisition of medals impacts the standing within a set, I call BS on that.

I think Cosetta Robbins, the Registry Manager should be contacted to voice opinions on this issue. I've always found her to be helpful, give timely responses, and a very reasonable person. A logical opposition to this lame "medal award" thing to her should yield results.

Dump the award medals!!

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    My 2 cents...

I totally agree with the medal nonsense. This must have been a brilliant suggestion by some PSA employee to entice more Registry sets...back in the day. I have a bunch of these things, and they mean NADA to me...don't even get a free grading, like zip. However, if in fact the acquisition of medals impacts the standing within a set, I call BS on that.

I think Cosetta Robbins, the Registry Manager should be contacted to voice opinions on this issue. I've always found her to be helpful, give timely responses, and a very reasonable person. A logical opposition to this lame "medal award" thing to her should yield results.

Dump the award medals!!

The acquisition of medals does NOT impact the standing within a set.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

Okay, just out of curiousity, does anybody know what PSA uses to break ties (i.e., 30 people currently have 4500 points, the maximum you can have)? It can't be as simple as "Hey, I was the first one to get there, so I'm the leader for all time!!".

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobsbbcards said:
    Okay, just out of curiousity, does anybody know what PSA uses to break ties (i.e., 30 people currently have 4500 points, the maximum you can have)? It can't be as simple as "Hey, I was the first one to get there, so I'm the leader for all time!!".

From what I have seen, it is whoever is first to the point level gets the top spot within that level.

Yep, that's what PSA says. Thanks! :)