Home U.S. Coin Forum

Posting photos

Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really tech savvy here. In scrolling thru the forum, looking at all the individual coins and sets I realize I don't know how to post pictures of my own items. Anybody care to give a quick lesson I would sure appreciate it.

Comments

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2020 8:26AM

If you have the photo on your computer(I am assuming windows here) you can simply drag and drop it into the area where you write the post. Alternatively there is a little photo icon above the text area, click that and it will allow you to select a photo to upload, or you can put in the web address of an already online photo(you get this by right clicking, select 'copy image address'- again, assuming windows and chrome browser)
    Oh, I forgot, you can also "quick upload" by right clicking a picture and selecting copy, then just paste into the text area

Collector, occasional seller

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

For example:

-hit enter and it will insert this line into the text area-
    ![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/QBXIA82KMQ7Y.jpg "")
    Which results in this:

Collector, occasional seller

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

off chance, do you also have a web site with photos?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Copy and paste works well.... Copy the photo and then add it to your post... It will load and show the url, when you 'post comment', the picture will load. Cheers, RickO

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2020 11:10AM

Very good advise and instructions. This should be sufficient enough. Good Luck. I too, had a tough go at it when first learning. Go to the forum's "Testing Forum" to try out your posts. ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can also just drag from the folder on your computer into the box where you're posting.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Select the "attach image thingy" /\
    and browse to where your images are on your computer OR not on your computer.

• Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ask and you shall receive. THANK YOU so much for all who offered up advice. SO MUCH appreciated. No website with photos unfortunately. Now I need to start gathering pictures. I have the cameras, ( cell phone, a couple DSLR, microscope camera that I have seen others use. ) Please bear with me guys as I figure this all out. And don't expect pics of 5 figure coins. Mostly a modern collector although I have 4 top 10 Registry sets with a few pretty ones. I'm in the Ricko camp. Lots of bright white Roosies, I won't bore you with them. I have learned so much from all of you, lots of knowledge here. I LOVE this forum

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I can, I feel sure that you can. I am a Luddite and not at all tech savvy. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

• Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giving it a bump

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I can post pictures anyone can. Go to the Testing Forum and give it a shot. It’s not that difficult.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you got some help here @Tom147

I learned from members here how to take an obv and rev image and combine them into one side by side image.
    It was way easier than I thought.

As far as 5 figures.
    I don't have hardly any of those but when I capture an image of even a $20 eBay coin like this 1780 Duit from the Netherlands which won me the fun and goofy Numismatic Gladiator II contest over on the Darkside it sure adds a lot to my enjoyment of the hobby.

• In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

file:///C:/Users/Dave%20Rojo/Documents/Topps%2087%20Jackson-Ryan%20.pdf

testing testingfile:///C:/Users/Dave%20Rojo/Documents/Topps%2087%20Jackson-Ryan%20.pdf

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.collectors.com/categories/testing-forum

if you start a "new discussion" in the testing forum, I can help you there.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@In4apenny said:

test

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file