Home U.S. Coin Forum

Do you think they will do a 35th Anniversary ASE set

MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could that be next years low mintage crazy item?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Comments

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Could that be next years low mintage crazy item?

Yes...
    Another chance to hang out in the AM, USM 0738

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they’ll stick to 10 year increments. Otherwise they might as well do specials every year.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2020 3:22PM

So you think two coin vice some erp combo like the 25th

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy Next years Crazy Items are going to be......drum roll please......the 2021 tribute coins to the Morgan and the Peace Dollar. There will be lots of hoopla and varieties, perhaps some crazy low mintage item, gold, silver, medal, colorized, high relief, proof, reverse proof, enhanced........ IMHO.....

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to give them another idea.... :D

All humor aside it wouldn't surprise me.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

Wow if they put out a no shit 2021 morgan silver dollar..wow...that will be nuts

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.

Mintage 35,000.

If they do it, I hope it is a set like the 25th.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure there will be a couple of celebratory issues in silver for 2021.... Peace/Morgan/new design.... Buckle your seat belts... going to get a little crazy for a while... :D Cheers, RickO

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    I am already refreshing for the 2021 High relief peace dollar special limited mintage 1,921. ;)

oh god .... 😭

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    I am already refreshing for the 2021 High relief peace dollar special limited mintage 1,921. ;)

I'm on it. That would look good next to my 1964-D Peace Dollar.

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope not. Too much drama for the boards and the flippers.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

@Kudbegud shared this in other thread - a great article that touches on a few things, but check out this long-winded "answer" that does nothing to truly the answer the question posed in this thread:

"LG: “Will the new designs appear on all collector coins issued in 2021? And are there any plans for a special eagle set or sets for the 35th anniversary?”

TM: “The Mint is privileged to connect America through coins and medals, which reflect the remarkable history, values, culture, diversity, and natural beauty of our Nation.

The redesign effort is an opportunity for the United States Mint to build on its heritage of artistic excellence and we are pleased to introduce dynamic and innovative reverse designs that complement the timeless classicism of the obverses of the American Eagle Gold and Silver Coins.

In 2021, the United States Mint will offer American Eagle collector coins featuring both the original and new reverse designs. The United States Mint is currently evaluating the demand for and interest in special sets featuring the American Eagle coins to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the American Eagle Coin Program, generate excitement in the numismatic community and spark the interest of members of the public.”"

https://mintnewsblog.com/interview-with-todd-martin-of-the-united-states-mint/

well, I guess he talks about bullion, then mentions "collector coins featuring both the original and new reverse designs" being available in 2021, so the old reverse will absolutely be on non-bullion coins in 2021 it sounds like - they must be planning a set / sets

now I'm hoping for a full set from s,p,d,w containing 8 coins - 4 of the old and 4 of the new reverse

Awesome!

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they mint a Morgan and Peace dollar, I hope they use the dual dates "1921-2021" rather than just "2021". I also hope the major grading services come up with a two coin slab with a fancy label so both coins can be properly displayed side by side.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    If they mint a Morgan and Peace dollar, I hope they use the dual dates "1921-2021" rather than just "2021". I also hope the major grading services come up with a two coin slab with a fancy label so both coins can be properly displayed side by side.

I think they will be minting Morgans from each mint, even Carson City. I don't know where I read that, but if it's true, that would be pretty cool.
    Dual dating would be great too.
    I'd really love to see another High Relief Peace Dollar!
    New ASE design, new quarter design, and probably new higher prices...It's gonna be a crazy year.

• ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

The mint posted it's 2021 schedule and there is a 2 coin silver eagle reverse proof set listed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file