Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Stage 4 lag???

Is everyone else seeing subs remain in the Grading phase for months on end? Just curios. I have 2 that have been in grading for quite some time - one over 2 months and the other is over 30 days. (old $25 dollar level) I had another that went into grading 2 weeks ago and now is in QA2 ($50 level)

What is everyone else seeing?

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

100 card order 2+ months in Grading, yep. Just a couple days ago went to Assembly.

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely. Literally months :/

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess they want to take the extra time to find those minor flaws.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty standard wait time. I've got an order sent in during late April that has been hung up in the middle phase since summer.

@miwlvrn said:
    Pretty standard wait time. I've got an order sent in during late April that has been hung up in the middle phase since summer.

Yeah, probably so. There just seems to be zero consistency to their process which is one of the the five core components to service excellence. The new bar code system hasn't seemed to help one iota either.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbybakeriv said:

@miwlvrn said:

Yeah, probably so. There just seems to be zero consistency to their process which is one of the the five core components to service excellence. The new bar code system hasn't seemed to help one iota either.

as the talking heads would say " same as it ever was ".

nothing really new here. the inconsistency of phases has been pretty consistent for how long now? as for the barcode system, i think it's part of a master plan to expedite things thru. as of now, it seems to be helping as far as having items logged as received at least. actually being entered is a different story. but i'm sure just the notion that your items are checked in relieves a ton of anxiety and customer phone calls for months on in and hopefully free up some of that labor from taking phone calls to actually processing orders.

Why even say they are in grading if they are just going to sit there for months. Do not even get our hopes up. Just leave in Research and ID until you can get them through the stage in a week or less instead of 2 plus months.

Highly frustrated.

• balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have about 100 cards to submit. Mostly $100 value cards nothing special. But if I am going to spend $2k for any Service, I want it to be a fun spend, not a source of frustration.

So, the cards will stay raw. When the process changes, I may submit. Either that or call my friends at Point 72 to see if they can speed up my sub. Lol.

• clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

as for the barcode system, i think it's part of a master plan to expedite things thru. as of now, it seems to be helping as far as having items logged as received at least.

IMO the only reason to use the bar code system is to keep submissions boxed and unopened as long as possible so items are not misplaced. I can't think of a single other advantage...but if nothing gets lost, then I guess that's a good thing.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set
    edited December 2, 2020 7:20PM

@clayshooter22 said:
    as for the barcode system, i think it's part of a master plan to expedite things thru. as of now, it seems to be helping as far as having items logged as received at least.

IMO the only reason to use the bar code system is to keep submissions boxed and unopened as long as possible so items are not misplaced. I can't think of a single other advantage...but if nothing gets lost, then I guess that's a good thing.

Mike

other than to officially say "we got it", right? that little barcode also has all the info of the sub. a little more helpful and reliable than a couple sheets of paper that could very easily get destroyed or misplaced during the process.

• NorcalNorcal Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

Nowadays, you need to be patient. Grades will eventually hit and lately I have been pleasantly surprised.

@rexvos said:
    Why even say they are in grading if they are just going to sit there for months. Do not even get our hopes up. Just leave in Research and ID until you can get them through the stage in a week or less instead of 2 plus months.

Highly frustrated.

I hear ya. My CC 15 card sub has been in "grading" since Sept 4. I am just hoping the grades come back well for me and trying to remain patient. Good grades will relieve a lot of frustration. :D

• sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭

Sent in my CC Free, 15 card sub. Guess it's the last one since they are "sold out". Arrived 11-17 and logged into system 11-24. When filling out the sub form it showed $50 per card as the service fee. Of course the sub is still in research & ID but what is frustrating is that it is logged as economy level. So, it will be 6 months plus.... Last years CC sub was received 10-7, logged 10-18 and shipped 11-12. My membership expires in 3 days and I suppose I will purchase the $59 membership and evaluate the whole situation. Been a member since 1996.

• 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just discussing this with blurry on another thread. Based off some of his subs I was estimating PSA was roughly about 3 months behind on economy orders. I have a bunch of subs in. One is a 9 card economy which was logged a "entered" on 8/31. It's been sitting in grading for multiple months with no status change. Actually not one of my 8 subs changed status over this time. But my order moved to assembly today. Which fits in with the 3 month behind guess. So if your economy orders were entered the first week of September I'd guess you can expect some movement on them fairly soon. JMO

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman

@76collector said:
    I was just discussing this with blurry on another thread. Based off some of his subs I was estimating PSA was roughly about 3 months behind on economy orders. I have a bunch of subs in. One is a 9 card economy which was logged a "entered" on 8/31. It's been sitting in grading for multiple months with no status change. Actually not one of my 8 subs changed status over this time. But my order moved to assembly today. Which fits in with the 3 month behind guess. So if your economy orders were entered the first week of September I'd guess you can expect some movement on them fairly soon. JMO

Jeff

My renewal was entered 9/1 and hit grading not long after. So we will see if I follow suit shortly.

edited December 3, 2020 9:39PM

~~~~> @MDLB said:

If I were you guys, I'd keep whining and complaining. It brings great benefit.

I have finally gotten a response from the overlords after years of complaining about itches. The overlords said.. 'bite me'.. in
    their response, as there is no reason to complain about it. It just is. There is no positive purpose when just sitting there and suddenly some freak event occurs on an arm, leg, down below, or wherever, which requires a sudden requirement of scratching. It makes no sense. An itch comes in, it's scratched to alleviate the issue, and then there is no recourse on the itch possible !!! I hate it !

If the overlords meant by 'biting' an itch, it would never occur again, well, I need to become more ambidextrous.

No one is whining. That's a fairly condescending remark. In addition, this site is about collectors talking and supporting each other's interests. It's certainly not about displaying one's intellectual prowess via smart a** remarks. There's nothing wrong or inhuman about being frustrated. While interesting, the "itch" analogy is not even in the ballpark of relevance. Just let people vent if they wish to do so. It really isn't up to you to decide whether it is improper. There is a moderator after all. All that said, I hold no hard feelings toward you. Just expressing my opinion on the subject. I actually purchased two 2014 Panini Golden Age boxes due to a post of yours. Good luck collecting!

• ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Long time, no post. Decided to get back and submit/collect/build a few more sets. Submitted via express ($75) four cards. Received by PSA on 11/24. Made it into grading 11/28. Any estimates on when the 4 grades will hit the screen?

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.

@ejguru said:
    Long time, no post. Decided to get back and submit/collect/build a few more sets. Submitted via express ($75) four cards. Received by PSA on 11/24. Made it into grading 11/28. Any estimates on when the 4 grades will hit the screen?

best case scenario...15 days. worst case scenario...month & a half:

• ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

OK, this is reason for optimism. Never spent more than 20 or so on a card grading, but these 4 look like PSA 8 at worst, and all desirable value cards!

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.