Home Sports Talk

2021 Baseball HOF vote

ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

Newcomers to the HOF ballot include Torii Hunter, Aramis Ramirez, Tim Hudson, Barry Zito, A. J. Burnett, Nick Swisher and Mark Buehrle. Not one of them is a Hall of Famer, so this opens the gate for guys previously on the ballot. Can Bonds and Clemens move to 75% in their 9th year? Iffy at best. Will Curt Schilling make it, after reaching 70% last year? Very likely. Who else is there on the ballot who can get to 75%? My best guess is maybe Omar Vizquel.

https://espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30330803/curt-schilling-roger-clemens-barry-bonds-leading-candidates-hall-fame-ballot

Comments

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Curt Schilling is really deserving.

And I hate him.

The rest? No.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 3:48AM

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    I think Curt Schilling is really deserving.

And I hate him.

The rest? No.

Agreed. You took the words right out of my mouth. I think he's a scuz, but he belongs in the Hall. :)

But I'm sure the state of Rhode Island wished they'd never heard of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/38_Studios

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big fan of Schilling so I hope he gets it. Bonds and Clemens should be in but probably not this year.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

probably Schilling will be the only inductee this year. I think clemens and bonds get in next year

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Schilling is a very deserving candidate. I dont know why people get so wound up about political views/off field stuff

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Schilling is a very deserving candidate. I dont know why people get so wound up about political views/off field stuff

I agree completely! Everyone has the right to their opinions.

I don't care much about the athlete's political views or their personal lives.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

Unfortunately some voters vote that way. Its the same reason Ted Nugent is unable to get into the Rock and Roll hall. And reason why it took KISS 15 yrs to get in.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

Unfortunately some voters vote that way. Its the same reason Ted Nugent is unable to get into the Rock and Roll hall. And reason why it took KISS 15 yrs to get in.

RnR HOF are clueless. Moody Blues just got in about 20 years after they should have.

The Motor City Madman belongs!

What did KISS do that the voters didn't like?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it had something to do with the music.

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a side note, Robbie Cano tested positive for PED's, suspended for all of the 2021 season. Second time for him, there goes his HOF chances,

@JoeBanzai said:

@coolstanley said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

RnR HOF are clueless. Moody Blues just got in about 20 years after they should have.

The Motor City Madman belongs!

They didn't like some of Gene Simmons comments about politics, and some of the comments he made about the Rock Hall. They were also upset that Gene refused to give the Hall free KISS mannequins.

Ignore list -Basebal21