Home Q & A Forum

Customer Service Issues

MDBrewmasterMDBrewmaster Posts: 9
edited November 18, 2020 2:17PM in Q & A Forum

Hello all, I'm currently a Premiere Elite Member of the collectors club and have been a member since 2008. I've only recently tried to contact customer service over an issue with my recent coin submission. Three emails and six days later I've yet to receive a response. Is this the normal for what is supposed to be the world's premiere third party grading service? My question to everyone is what type of experience, or lack thereof, have you had with PCGS customer service? I've had several collecting friends that grade with NGC state that their customer service is excellent. I personally feel PCGS has been the best out there for many years, but I'm starting to second guess that. Any business without a good customer service department is destined to fail. Thanks for reading this and for your comments.

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

So someone was commenting on our host having a call back number option that works. Give that a try. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• MDBrewmasterMDBrewmaster Posts: 9
    edited November 18, 2020 2:38PM

@Namvet69 said:
    So someone was commenting on our host having a call back number option that works. Give that a try. Peace Roy

Thanks for the response Roy, but due to my off peak work hours and the time zone difference, a phone call will be difficult for both PCGS and myself. I sent my emails to info@pcgs.com and did NOT receive a bounce back so I know they received them. Very frustrating and disheartening considering this is a NASDAQ listed company and supposed to be the best in the business.

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS cares about you & their other customers. :)

You may be sending to an email that is not checked often.
    It could be because of Covid issues & employee social distancing.
    As mentioned the best way is to call but if that is a problem there are other ways.

Let's tag @PCGS_SocialMedia they may respond to this and give you other options. ;)

• an email that is not checked often???? info@pcgs.com The one that is on their members page. Email has been an accepted form of communication for decades now. This is a NASDAQ listed company that has a market cap of over 600 Million. I think they can afford to have a customer service rep or two that can respond to their main email link. I was just on Facebook and they have posed several times over the last day with social media stuff. Sorry sir.....I don't see the care. Did I mention it has been 6 DAYS since my first email. If I ran my business like that I would not have it anymore and rightfully so.

Sorry, I was just trying to help show you there are other ways available to you, not looking for an argument. :/

Now that someone has been tagged they may get back in touch with you or you could use the link in the tag to PM them directly.

The way business has been done for decades is changing.....it's a 2020 thing. ;)

I have never had a problem with PCGS's customer service but I also learned a long time ago that
    "It is easier to catch flies with honey than vinegar"

• I too am not here to argue with you or anyone else including PCGS. As I mentioned, I have been with them since 2008. I thank you for your input, but I respectfully disagree with you that this is acceptable. Yes, 2020 has brought many changes, but that would lend to my point rather than yours. I would expect that trying to get in touch with them via a phone call would be difficult with so many working from home. With that said, with the lack of personal interaction in the workplace people are working remotely via their computers. That is where email comes in. I will agree with your last statement sir and I always do my best to use kindness and patience, but there is a point after so much failed effort that you can feel that people take your kindness for weakness or submission to the matter at hand. All I am asking is for someone to contact me. As a customer for over 13 years I do not think that is too much to ask.

• atomatom Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭

My submission is taking forever. After aborting several waiting on calls I finally had them call me back (with 104 callers on the que before me) which was a good 6 hours. They explained that as of late their submissions have increased, and they haven't posted the longer turnaround times. The rep I spoke with was relatively new, courteous, and spends as much time on the phone as necessary to leave the customer feeling they were heard.

I posted the above on another thread.
    I too am frustrated, I think it reflects badly on their reputation. Customer service should be more responsive. I have unanswered emails, placed calls aren't handled within a reasonable time.

• @ifthevamzarockin said:
    PCGS cares about you & their other customers. :)

You may be sending to an email that is not checked often.
    It could be because of Covid issues & employee social distancing.
    As mentioned the best way is to call but if that is a problem there are other ways.

Let's tag @PCGS_SocialMedia they may respond to this and give you other options. ;)

Thanks for the tag, it does look by his info like he reached out via Facebook.

• Update- I was contacted by someone that monitors their Facebook page (they didn't give a name) on Thursday, 11/19 @ 3:21PM(EST). I was told my emails were forwarded to the Customer Service Manager and VP of Customer Experience and that they will be in touch. It's now been 2 1/2 business days......we will see.

@PCGS_SocialMedia

You may want to follow up with a PM to this customer. ;)

• MDBrewmasterMDBrewmaster Posts: 9
    edited November 24, 2020 5:57PM

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @PCGS_SocialMedia

You may want to follow up with a PM to this customer. ;)

3 1/2 days.......still NOTHING. ifthevamzarockin.....just curious and with all due respect; why do you feel the need to do the job of PCGS's customer relations? Do you work for the company? Again, I am not being sarcastic, just curious. Do you still feel that I'm in the wrong for complaining and do you still feel that PCGS cares about their customers?

"why do you feel the need to do the job of PCGS's customer relations?"
    I just saw that @PCGS_SocialMedia was online earlier and thought if I tagged them again it might help you out.
    I am doing it to help you not PCGS.
    I have been in customer service for many years and in many fields. It's in my blood. ;)

"Do you work for the company?"
    :D LOL! Heck no! I'm a semi-retired unemployed bum! :D

"Do you still feel that I'm in the wrong for complaining and do you still feel that PCGS cares about their customers?"
    It seems they are having some customer service problems. :/
    Sometimes "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" so yes feel free to complain.
    I was just trying to show you that you can direct message someone here on the forum rather than calling.
    I have no idea of the challenges they may be facing to keep the business running in these trying times.
    I am just happy they were able to open back up and have not had to shut down again.
    I still believe PCGS cares about their customers.
    I understand your frustration and I am not saying it is not justified.

In an attempt to help you let's try tagging a few more people and see if that gets the ball rolling for you. :)
    Maybe @HeatherBoyd or @BrettPCGS can help if we tag them.
    You can also click on the tag to go to their page and send them a PM.

• ifthevamzarockin, we may not agree on everything, but I truly appreciate your effort in resolving this matter.

P.S. I cant wait to be a semi(or fully) retired bum! Good for you!

"I truly appreciate your effort in resolving this matter."

Thank you :)

You are not the only one having problems......here is another thread just in case you missed it. ;)

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1047124/pcgs-turnaround-times-and-customer-service#latest

Any update?

• BIGDAVEBIGDAVE Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2020 12:03AM

My express order has been 30 Days , 21 business days , wont answer phone wont call back wont answer emails , submission # 214653 Hope they Give me 3 Express vouchers, they sure messed up , They are Grading Chinese coins