Home Sports Talk

The insanity of the 2020 NFL season will be on full display in Cleveland this Sunday.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 17, 2020 6:16AM in Sports Talk

Yes, this is a must watch game as the Cleveland Browns host the Philadelphia Eagles.
--- Philadelphia is in first place with a 3-5-1 record.
--- Cleveland is in third place with a 6-3 record.

After the last two games in Cleveland, I hope it's sunny with no wind. Yesterday the game was delayed due to a Thunderstorm and played with rain, hail and about 20-30 mph wind. At one point they showed Lake Erie a short distance away and there were 6-8 foot breakers!! The game prior to that had even worse winds with rain, snow and sleet.

Conditions like this are why a running game is so important as it can be really, really hard to throw with any reliable accuracy. Bring on the mudders!!

Al H.

Gettin' ready......................

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Philadelphia 3-5-1.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/8g/ubgif
    wunwyjo.jpeg "")

Are your dog and mine brothers from different mothers?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

somebody needs a haircut . You can just chop it yourself if the barbers are all on covid break :D

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 7:21PM

Enjoy the game Al. Hopefully your Browns will clip the Eagles' wings.

It would be amusing to see the NFC Eastern Conference title go to a team with a 4 and 12 record. :)

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 7:40PM

I don't think we're giving the NFC East enough credit here. I think the division champion will at least have a 5-11 record. 😂😂

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I don't think we're giving the NFC East enough credit here. I think the division champion will at least have a 5-11 record. 😂😂

I cut them a bit more slack. I picked 6-10.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

There will be a 10-6 team out of the playoffs watching a 6-10 host a playoff game.

W.C.Fields
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

i've been cutting my own hair since covid. Everyone who sees me says"what have you done with your hair?"

I appreciate their concern :D

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks, 'dueces, I knew the correct record but maybe my fingers didn't believe it!! :p it seems that every now and then there's a division where the leaders are right around .500, seeing a division where they're below that is weird, not the kind of "parity" the NFL is after.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFC East is an abomination.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

The NFC East this year....

There will be a 10-6 team that misses the playoffs this year watching a 6-10 team host a playoff game. Yikes!

W.C.Fields

After Cleveland beats Philly the NFC East will be led by the Giants and Washington. Who could have predicted this? Philadelphia the only team with the same coach, QB and surrounding players can’t compete with a turnover machine, a team with a new coach and their 3rd QB.

W.C.Fields
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    There will be a 10-6 team that misses the playoffs this year watching a 6-10 team host a playoff game. Yikes!

And that team will be either the Rams, Seahawks, or Cardinals.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Giants look like they are picking up some steam -relative to the rest of the division.

@thisistheshow said:
    The Giants look like they are picking up some steam -relative to the rest of the division.

The Giants are the best team in that division right now. The last two losses were by a total of 3 points.

W.C.Fields
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

dude i will totally cut keets' hair

just let me have a few drinks first

I think keets should get the rat tail look. This thing could take off!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

and when i'm done me and my clippers will mosey on over to bronco's house

I don't think so, your pooch seems to have some Chihuahua mixed in, mine is straight on Jack Russell.

If you wanna cut my hair you'll need to catch me at half-time and get past the guard dog. :p

@keets said:

I don't think so, your pooch seems to have some Chihuahua mixed in, mine is straight on Jack Russell.

You’re 100% correct. In your photo all I could see was the color of fur. Distant relatives at best.

W.C.Fields

today should be interesting, the Browns may not be a Top Tier Team quite yet but they've managed to beat the Teams they should beat. there was a tough stretch of three straight home games in absolutely horrendous weather but now they'll be mainly on the road through the end of the season with that starting today in Tennessee. I see some old time Football on the horizon, lots of running by both Teams, lots of play action from both Teams.

I'm thinking the edge is with the Titans but the game will probably be close, might come down to who is ahead in the 4th Quarter to control the tempo on the ground and end things. I wish I could help the Browns out with my cape but I'm grounded in Ohio.

The Browns have beat exactly 1 team with a winning record. The Titans brush them aside like they’re the Bengals. 24-13

W.C.Fields
    edited December 6, 2020 12:36PM

The Titans brush them aside like they’re the Bengals. 24-13

another wayward prediction!!!

the game is progressing in a very strange way, neither Team is leaning on their strength. with what looks like a 38-7 Cleveland advantage at the half it would seem improbable that the Titans can recover. Browns HC Stefanski has shown a good ability to make half-time adjustments, this game should show the Browns running the clock down with the run, though I would prefer them to keep their foot on the gas.

Unreal. What a sh$t show being put in by the Titans in a playoff atmosphere. Any given Sunday I guess.

W.C.Fields

I was 6-1 at 3:00 CST. Now 8 minutes later I could be 2-5. How can you even think about picking NFL games? Lol

W.C.Fields
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like both the Browns and the Titans really showed something today.

I think the Ref's showed a little something, too, that the NFL likes most every game to be a one-score game to keep the excitement level, there were a number of non-calls that would have changed the outcome and "ghost" calls that did the same.

I stand at 5-2 right now, the losses being: the Bears who were ahead of the Lions until the Bears climbed into the toilet in the 4th Quarter, the Titans who I picked by following my head instead of my hometown heart. the rest of the games seem more clear cut as to finish so I think I'll do OK. at this point of the season there aren't many big surprises. :)

edited December 6, 2020 3:15PM

Yeah I also finished the early games 5-2. Raiders went ahead with a few seconds left and Minnesota won in OT. Bears found another way to lose in the closing minutes and the Titans didn’t show up in the 1st half. Bad for my picks but good for the Bills as they had the tie breaker head to head.

W.C.Fields
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Mayfield looked great in the first half. His arm strength is better than I thought and I am an admitted OU homer. I've always liked him for his dogged perseverance (and that he came to OU). I hope he has a good, long run in the NFL and that Cleveland one day wins a Super Bowl. That town would go flat-out nuts. I lived in downtown Cleveland for a brief time in 2000 and could actually see in to Jacobs field from my apartment. Well, left field anyway LOL.

that Cleveland one day wins a Super Bowl

my ultimate Super Bowl has the last two Teams in the NFL to compete in the Championship, the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions, locked in a shoot-out at 52-52 and entering the second overtime period!! that's the thing Legends are made of.

That answered the question are the Browns for real. I’m impressed finally.

W.C.Fields
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    today should be interesting, the Browns may not be a Top Tier Team quite yet but they've managed to beat the Teams they should beat. there was a tough stretch of three straight home games in absolutely horrendous weather but now they'll be mainly on the road through the end of the season with that starting today in Tennessee. I see some old time Football on the horizon, lots of running by both Teams, lots of play action from both Teams.

I'm thinking the edge is with the Titans but the game will probably be close, might come down to who is ahead in the 4th Quarter to control the tempo on the ground and end things. I wish I could help the Browns out with my cape but I'm grounded in Ohio.

I'm sorry sir you are no Cam Newton. And kindly return his Superman cape. I jest. Nice win by the Browns. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".