Home Sports Talk

The insanity of the 2020 NFL season will be on full display in Cleveland this Sunday.

keetskeets Posts: 23,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 17, 2020 5:16AM in Sports Talk

Yes, this is a must watch game as the Cleveland Browns host the Philadelphia Eagles.
--- Philadelphia is in first place with a 3-5-1 record.
--- Cleveland is in third place with a 6-3 record.

After the last two games in Cleveland, I hope it's sunny with no wind. Yesterday the game was delayed due to a Thunderstorm and played with rain, hail and about 20-30 mph wind. At one point they showed Lake Erie a short distance away and there were 6-8 foot breakers!! The game prior to that had even worse winds with rain, snow and sleet.

Conditions like this are why a running game is so important as it can be really, really hard to throw with any reliable accuracy. Bring on the mudders!!

Al H.

Gettin' ready......................

--- George Carlin RIP, he'd have a lot of fresh material if he was alive today!!

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

Philadelphia 3-5-1.

In remembrance of James W Brennan Sr.
    1924-1982
    Dad, Thanks for everything you did for me.

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/8g/ubgif
    wunwyjo.jpeg "")

Are your dog and mine brothers from different mothers?

1924-1982
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

somebody needs a haircut . You can just chop it yourself if the barbers are all on covid break :D

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 6:21PM

Enjoy the game Al. Hopefully your Browns will clip the Eagles' wings.

It would be amusing to see the NFC Eastern Conference title go to a team with a 4 and 12 record. :)

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 6:40PM

I don't think we're giving the NFC East enough credit here. I think the division champion will at least have a 5-11 record. 😂😂

Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I don't think we're giving the NFC East enough credit here. I think the division champion will at least have a 5-11 record. 😂😂

I cut them a bit more slack. I picked 6-10.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit

There will be a 10-6 team out of the playoffs watching a 6-10 host a playoff game.

1924-1982
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

i've been cutting my own hair since covid. Everyone who sees me says"what have you done with your hair?"

I appreciate their concern :D

• keetskeets Posts: 23,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks, 'dueces, I knew the correct record but maybe my fingers didn't believe it!! :p it seems that every now and then there's a division where the leaders are right around .500, seeing a division where they're below that is weird, not the kind of "parity" the NFL is after.

--- George Carlin RIP, he'd have a lot of fresh material if he was alive today!!
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFC East is an abomination.

The NFC East this year....

There will be a 10-6 team that misses the playoffs this year watching a 6-10 team host a playoff game. Yikes!

1924-1982

After Cleveland beats Philly the NFC East will be led by the Giants and Washington. Who could have predicted this? Philadelphia the only team with the same coach, QB and surrounding players can’t compete with a turnover machine, a team with a new coach and their 3rd QB.

1924-1982
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    There will be a 10-6 team that misses the playoffs this year watching a 6-10 team host a playoff game. Yikes!

And that team will be either the Rams, Seahawks, or Cardinals.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Giants look like they are picking up some steam -relative to the rest of the division.

@thisistheshow said:
    The Giants look like they are picking up some steam -relative to the rest of the division.

The Giants are the best team in that division right now. The last two losses were by a total of 3 points.

1924-1982
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

dude i will totally cut keets' hair

just let me have a few drinks first

I think keets should get the rat tail look. This thing could take off!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

and when i'm done me and my clippers will mosey on over to bronco's house

I don't think so, your pooch seems to have some Chihuahua mixed in, mine is straight on Jack Russell.

If you wanna cut my hair you'll need to catch me at half-time and get past the guard dog. :p

@keets said:

I don't think so, your pooch seems to have some Chihuahua mixed in, mine is straight on Jack Russell.

You’re 100% correct. In your photo all I could see was the color of fur. Distant relatives at best.

1924-1982