Home Sports Talk

WEEK 10 PICK'EM CONTEST CONGRATS MCMLVTOPPS!!!!!

JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 15, 2020 6:40PM in Sports Talk

same rules as before -- pick all 13 games (no Thurs night this week), and include the tiebreaker, which is the total points scored between the Vikings n Bears next Monday night

Bragging rights for the week along with $25 to the smartest guy in the room, courtesy of mrs. dueces' wallet through JRR300 and Double Dragon, so guys, get out those handicapping forms and get cracking. Steve K, we missed you last week and will be looking for some odds
good luck all!!!.
Here are this weeks picks

WEEK 10

Dueces Texans Det GB Phi Bucs Vegas Chgrs Bills Rams NO Pitts Balt Min 51

BlueJay Browns WFT GB Phi Bucs Denver Chgrs Cards LA Rams NO Cinci Balt Chi 41

55Topps Browns Det GB NYG Bucs Vegas Miami Bills LA Rams NO Pitts Balt Chi 38

Dragon Browns Det GB NYG Bucs Vegas Miami Bills Seattle NO Pitts Balt Chi 47

TheShow Browns Det GB Phi Bucs Vegas Miami Bills Seattle NO Pitts Balt Chi 51

Perkdog Texans WFT GB Phi Bucs Vegas Chgrs Bills Seattle NO Pitts Balt Min 47

..Darin Texans Det GB Phi Bucs Vegas Chgrs Cards Seattle NO Pitts Balt Min 38

..Brick Browns WFT GB NYG Bucs Vegas Miami Bills Seattle NO Pitts Balt Min 44

Dennis Texans Det GB Phi Bucs Vegas Miami Cards Seattle NO Pitts Balt Min 52

ZIPCity Texans WFT GB Phi Bucs Vegas Chgrs Bills LA Rams NO Pitts Balt Min 41

Steve K Texans Det GB Phi Caro Vegas Chgrs Cards Seattle NO Pitts Pats Chi 38

JRR 300 Browns Det GB Phi Bucs Vegas Miami Cards Seattle NO Pitts Balt Chi 48

Comments

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picks in early before I change my mind. Thanks for running this once again.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

I see 3 people have sent their picks. Tied up at office tonight, so be patient. will confirm all tomorrow. Remember, the Thursday game is out, so you all have plenty of time to get those picks in

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picks sent and thank you

4 entries rec'd........BlueJay, Dueces,Topps and Perkdog.
    Where are the rest of you????? Still studying those forms I hope.
    Good luck all.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still busy spreadin' out the paper

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won last week, so I'm not allowed to participate this week. I'll be back next week though, with a vengeance, because I am Batman!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2020 6:31PM

@doubledragon said:
    I won last week, so I'm not allowed to participate this week. I'll be back next week though, with a vengeance, because I am Batman!

Mrs Dueces says it her pocket book, her rules. The ruling committee (Mrs Dueces) says the pickem contest is open to all comers and past winners. By unanimous decision @doubledragon is eligible every week no matter how many times he wins. Welcome back!
    PS Even though it is your winnings. Lol

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Our sincere thanks to Mrs Dueces for ghat kind ruling. welcome back double d. i'll be looking for your picks

@2dueces, Thank you buddy, you're awesome! That's why I love this place! You guys are the best.

@JRR300 I'm sending my picks you're way right now.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

I inadvertently sent in the Thursday game and picked the Colts...who won.
    Do I get an honorable mention, tie breaker points, get well card, oreo, anything??

Bueller? Bueller? B)

@doubledragon said:

I vote to welcome Double D into week 10, and every week after that, win or lose. His posts alone have given him a special "grin status" that we've all enjoyed. Send in your picks DD, we gotta have you in the game.

I'm in.

Thank you!!

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Do I get an honorable mention, tie breaker points, get well card, oreo, anything??

Bueller? Bueller? B)

Ok. You get a cookie. 🤣😂😂😂

It's fall, so I was going to give you a spiced wafer! I love those cookies!

edited November 13, 2020 11:33AM

@MCMLVTopps said:

@doubledragon said:

I vote to welcome Double D into week 10, and every week after that, win or lose. His posts alone have given him a special "grin status" that we've all enjoyed. Send in your picks DD, we gotta have you in the game.

I like that. DoubleD definitely deserves "grin status". I think he should put it in his signature line. On such and such a date I was declared grin status

It’s a great place. A great group of guys. I’ve never seen such fun and cordial ribbing win or lose. Even teams that are having a bad year aren’t being piled on. A goodness knows how badly I’d like to dump a ton of manure on the Patriots but I have way too much respect for @perkdog
    Oh how badly I want to.......😉

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

And as an Eagle fan, there is certainly material for the NFL Least division, but there hasn't been much mention. Too much attention being paid to the Pats and their struggles, the Bills and their good play and the ups and downs of Mr. Brady as he toils in Tampa.

@2dueces said:
    Even teams that are having a bad year aren’t being piled on. A goodness knows how badly I’d like to dump a ton of manure on the Patriots but I have way too much respect for @perkdog

Oh how badly I want to.......😉

I gotta step in here...I too am a huge Pats fan, and go as far back as to when Butch Songin was the qb, like 1960. So, if you care to heap manure, feel free, it ain't the Pats I once knew. We enjoyed terrific Tom for 20 years, we now have a clown show at the qb position and a team that's in total disarray. Not even Belichick can save this fiasco.

So, scratch that itch and dump away, I doubt it'd phase either Paul or myself. And yes, I think Kraft is a worm with having to tend to his "needs" in a cheap massage joint. A billionaire that has to stoop that low is pretty sad, what an embarrassment to his family, and his team. They can go 0 for the rest of the season. Hopefully the qb position finds a vacancy at season end.

Further back I can remember is 1963. The Boston Patriots. Only notable QB I remember is Babe Parilli. Big Jim Nance and Geno Capiletti. I can’t remember why I walked into a room but I can name the starting defense for the Bills 1963 and 1964 AFL Championship teams

W.C.Fields

I love my Pats, but I can certainly take a ribbing 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂 Have at me

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to take shots at Brady but all in good fun. There's so many Brady fans here
    I just have to every once in a while. :D
    But I figure if the Chiefs lose to the Bucs in a few weeks it will be time for me to pay the piper.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:
    I like to take shots at Brady but all in good fun. There's so many Brady fans here
    I just have to every once in a while. :D
    But I figure if the Chiefs lose to the Bucs in a few weeks it will be time for me to pay the piper.

I think you’re safe for another year.

W.C.Fields

@thisistheshow said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

Bueller? Bueller? B)

Ok. You get a cookie. 🤣😂😂😂

Wow, what a nice surprise...got this in the mail yesterday. Tks guys!!

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in. I even remembered Monday point total.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Looks like we have 9 players now and I'll add mine tomorrow. Zip and Steve K are missing. Still have time, so get those picks in.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know its good for the players but I hate when my team has a bye week.

Well at least I can hope the Broncos somehow beat the Raiders although I don't think it will happen.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

picks are in

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-

Zip and Steve K have joined the party. At 12 players, our biggest week so far.

@JRR300 said:

That’s awesome! Again I tip my hat to @JRR300 and @doubledragon for their work these last weeks.

W.C.Fields
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@JRR300 said:

I had some help with my picks from an online subscription sports handicapping service called "Doubledragon's Thousand Star Guaranteed Winners" but I don't know if there's any affiliation with our forum member?

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:

@JRR300 said:

I had some help with my picks from an online subscription sports handicapping service called "Doubledragon's Thousand Star Guaranteed Winners" but I don't know if there's any affiliation with our forum member?

I’ve heard of that service. Watch out for week 5. It’s the old 50-50 service.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@JRR300 said:

That’s awesome! Again I tip my hat to @JRR300 and @doubledragon for their work these last weeks.

Thank you!!!

Picks are posted above. Good luck all. GO EAGLES!!!

@BlueJay with the major upset pick this week. Cincinnati over Pittsburgh. I’ll be rooting right with you for that one.

W.C.Fields

@JRR300 @stevek Two stats for the Eagles-Giants game.
    Eagles have won 12 of the last 13
    Daniel Jones is 1-16 against teams not named Washington.
    Eagles finally healthy. 31-13.

W.C.Fields
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current Las Vegas betting odds on winning the contest, with expert commentary

Past performances - Odds subject to scratches and additional entries:

2dueces: 5-2 Always competitive
    JRR300: 7-2 Usually a game performance
    Doubledragon: 5-1 Winner last week
    Zippcity: 7-1 Chance
    Thisistheshow: 10-1 May surprise
    Dennis07: 10-1 Possibility
    Perkdog: 15-1 Beaten favorite numerous times
    MCMLVTopps: 25-1 Needs luck
    Brick: 25-1 Usually nothing
    BLUEJAYWAY: 250-1 Needs a weaker field
    Darin: 1,000-1 Long shot
    Stevek: 500,000-1 Hopeless task

I'm ready for some football, I had a rough day yesterday. First we visited my mother-in-law, and had lunch with her, and then our heating system broke and the guy took forever to get here and fix it. Thank goodness that nightmare day is over.

What a terrible, ugly loss for the Eagles!!! Just looked unprepared.

Dueces, I feel for you after that ending in the Bills game. How did Hopkins ever make that catch?????

@JRR300 said:
    Dueces, I feel for you after that ending in the Bills game. How did Hopkins ever make that catch?????

Three bills and not one chopped at his hands. Bills played great. Josh Allen is the real deal. Led them down for the go ahead TD. Just left 34 seconds too much. Nothing to be ashamed about in that game. They have a bye next week to get rested and healthy

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

Three bills and not one chopped at his hands. Bills played great. Josh Allen is the real deal. Led them down for the go ahead TD. Just left 34 seconds too much. Nothing to be ashamed about in that game. They have a bye next week to get rested and healthy

I must say I was very impressed with Allen on that final drive. An absolute perfect pass to Diggs!!!! I'll file that one in my memory bank

@JRR300 said:
    What a terrible, ugly loss for the Eagles!!! Just looked unprepared.

I’ve officially given the boot to Philly and Wentz. I’m not sticking up for them. Injuries blah blah blah. Well they got everyone back healthy and stunk up the field. $32 M bust. He needs to be holding a clip board. Maybe Chicago will trade for him and Foles and Wentz can back up Trubisky. All 3 a waste of draft choices. Toss Cousins in there and they have a $100 M bridge game.

W.C.Fields

Must admit that wasn't a good performance, but the play calling during that game had me puzzled. There were certain things that seem to work every time they were called and they continued to go away from them. On the other side of the coin, if you had told me before the game that the Eagles had zero turnovers and ran for 160 yards, I would have guaranteed a win.

@JRR300 said:
    Must admit that wasn't a good performance, but the play calling during that game had me puzzled. There were certain things that seem to work every time they were called and they continued to go away from them. On the other side of the coin, if you had told me before the game that the Eagles had zero turnovers and ran for 160 yards, I would have guaranteed a win.

The offense or play calling wasn’t fluid. There was no continuity. Just a hodgepodge of plays and some really bad execution.

W.C.Fields
    edited November 15, 2020 6:53PM

The 25-1 shot MCMLVTopps has only one loss. Honorable mention to TheShow and JRR with two losses. All three of these have the Ravens and the Bears, Dragon also has two losses but has the Vikings
    I should also mention that MR. TOPPS had the Colts in the Thursday night game...eventhough it didn't count. Any chance you might share some of those Oreos????

Sorry guys, Mr Dragon also had 2 losses but he has the Vikings tomorrow night, so we still have a horse race!. Just while double checking my entries onto the sheet, I just noticed that I put him down for Chicago but he actually picked Minnesota. My apologies.

If Chicago wins, then no question that Topps in the Winner.
    If Minnesota wins, then the tiebreaker comes in. 42 and under will give Topps the win; anything 43 and over goes to Dragon. Can we have a back to back winner??????

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

If my picks continue in a weekly nosedive, I may have to DQ myself from further involvement. The smell is getting too much to take, even with my mask on. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@MCMLVTopps, Congrats buddy! 👏👏👏👏🖒🖒

I was impressed with the Bills performance as well, it literally took a miracle to beat them.

@doubledragon said:
    @MCMLVTopps, Congrats buddy! 👏👏👏👏🖒🖒

you must read further for the correction. I made an error recording your Monday selection.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Al! 👏👏👏

@perkdog said:
    Congrats Al! 👏👏👏

A bit too early, but thanks Paul. I need the Bears for the win, or 42 or under for the tie breaker if the Vikings take it. We'll see tonight.
    What a finish in the Bills game!!
    I watched a good bit of the Pats game...horrible weather conditions.

Enjoy the game guys.