Home Sports Talk

WEEK 10 PICK'EM CONTEST CONGRATS MCMLVTOPPS!!!!!

2»

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am happy my Ravens pick didn't go through.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

good luck tonight!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck to the contenders!
    And amazing MCMLVTOPPs for only missing 1 game so far. Nice job. :)

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing picks. Picking NFL games straight up is tough. Imagine adding points. Now you know why Las Vegas hotels are so tall!

@JRR300 After this weeks completion can you look back and name all the winners from previous weeks. It would be fun to see our winners and keep track. I know I ask a lot so thanks in advance.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Thank you @JRR300 and Mrs @2dueces et al. for another fun week.

I didn’t read the write up. Who won this week?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Congrats @MCMLVTopps !

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @MCMLVTopps, you got it done this week buddy. In the end, I was basically the 2014 Seattle Seahawks, it was close, but I just couldn't defend my title.

No! Help!

Great job, Topps!!!! Congrats.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 11:33AM

Thanks all.
    Just lucky picks, which I did literally in about 2 mins. I had the Colts Thurs, a no counter, and with 2 seconds left in the Cards/Bills game, which I thought I had, but credit to the Cards qb. Bears stunk it up in the 2nd half, no offense, just a touchdown might have saved it for them. Foles was terrible.

On to week 11.

@2dueces said:

@JRR300 After this weeks completion can you look back and name all the winners from previous weeks. It would be fun to see our winners and keep track. I know I ask a lot so thanks in advance.

Will check thru the weeks tonight and post results here later.

Do we have a benefactor for this week???? We can just play for bragging rights.

edited November 17, 2020 11:54AM

Congratulations!

W.C.Fields
    edited November 18, 2020 5:54PM

@2dueces said:
    Congratulations!

Received this from Topps. You'll have to sneak into Mrs. Dueces' purse tonight.

Tks!!

Looks like we have had 5 contests....week 6 through 10. There are 5 winners; in order they are

Week 6 Zipcity, Week 7 2dueces, Week 8 JRR300, Week 9 Double Dragon and Week 10 MCMLVTopps

Without a monetary prize, should I even put up a contest for this week. No other comments here so I'm guessing there's no further interest???

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I'm in for bragging rights

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball

@JRR300 said:
    Without a monetary prize, should I even put up a contest for this week. No other comments here so I'm guessing there's no further interest???

@dennis07 said:
    I'm in for bragging rights

Ditto

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

JRR300- I liked playing just for fun. If you would like to keep running it then please do.
    I'll enter for sure.
    And what I thought I would do is this. Instead of offering a $25 prize, this weekend I was going
    to go to the Sonic and whoever my carhop is I'm going to tip them $25. Maybe help make a kids
    day who is tired of all the covid stuff that affects school and extra curricular activities.
    Its been a tough year for a lot of folks but I've been luckier than most as I've been able to work
    full time through it all.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

good thought Darin! I'll put it up tonight.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea @Darin, that's a really nice gesture. 🖒🖒

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for humiliation rights.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not. I'm in.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".