Home Sports Talk

Name the best and worst starting QB in 2020

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

?

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure he’s the worst but Mitchell Trubisky got benched.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Dwayne Haskins stunk it up pretty bad this year.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you including every QB to start a game (backup forced to start) or just the opening day starters?

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Dwayne Haskins stunk it up pretty bad this year.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Daniel Jones doesn't seem to be very good. Thought the Giants had a chance to go up
    two scores on Tampa and I believe he threw a pick and then Tampa scored right away.

As far as best I would refer to countdouglas' post.
    Although if anyone said Russell Wilson I would not argue.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best is Tom Brady and .. 😀. Kinda kidding so I would say Mahomes or Wilson are the top tier and bottom would be Sam Darnold even though it’s not entirely his fault. Daniel Jones is right there as well. I just count current starters. Haskins got railroaded in my opinion and didn’t get a fair shot

@perkdog said:
    Best is Tom Brady and .. 😀. Kinda kidding so I would say Mahomes or Wilson are the top tier and bottom would be Sam Darnold even though it’s not entirely his fault. Daniel Jones is right there as well. I just count current starters. Haskins got railroaded in my opinion and didn’t get a fair shot

Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones are not close to the worse QB’s.
    Sam Darnold is surrounded with zero talent, a poor coach and awful management. No way to judge his talent yet.
    Daniel Jones is a turn over machine. If he ever and a big if, stops fumbling he might be ok too.
    I think Carson Wentz as a veteran at times has looked worse than both but again he’s not the worst quarterback. That sack, fumble the other night was atrocious for a veteran.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Are you including every QB to start a game (backup forced to start) or just the opening day starters?

Opening day starters.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

Sam Darnold is surrounded with zero talent, a poor coach and awful management. No way to judge his talent yet.
    Daniel Jones is a turn over machine. If he ever and a big if, stops fumbling he might be ok too.
    I think Carson Wentz as a veteran at times has looked worse than both but again he’s not the worst quarterback. That sack, fumble the other night was atrocious for a veteran.

why does danny always do the second effort interception thing?

If i am his coach i teach him how to fall to the ground clutching the football tightly

How about a QB who sometimes looks like one of the best and sometimes one of the worst?

Baker Mayfield

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Best. Tom Brady. Still the guy I would want for one drive, one game, or one season.

Worst. I'll go with Daniel Jones. The turnovers look like they are a part of him.

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

So your saying Wentz is worse than Darnold and Daniel Jones? Lol OK

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

Nah. Just some of the things he does as 6-7 year veteran. I defended Wentz for the last 3 years. After the other night I just can’t any longer

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

Nah. Just some of the things he does as 6-7 year veteran. I defended Wentz for the last 3 years. After the other night I just can’t any longer

To be clear I think Wentz sucks too

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

For $32M a year. Stevek is convinced he is their franchise QB. My take? When the Jets take Trevor Lawrence I’d trade for Sam Darnold at a bargain price and build around him. Someone will give Philly a 6th rounder for Wentz.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

For $32M a year. Stevek is convinced he is their franchise QB. My take? When the Jets take Trevor Lawrence I’d trade for Sam Darnold at a bargain price and build around him. Someone will give Philly a 6th rounder for Wentz.

😂😂😂

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

tom brady isn't even worth 15 million according to Bill B

when i was a kid it cost a nickel to ride the streetcar !!!!!

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an eye on Charger QB Justin Herbert. The Chargers are a mediocre team and they get very little national attention thus Herbert is overlooked and is basically an unknown. Believe me, if he was playing for the Eagles or Cowboys he would be the talk of the town.

We’re very fortunate to have a very talented group of young QB’s.
    Herbert
    Burrows
    Allen
    Darnold
    Jackson
    Murray
    Lock
    Mahomes
    Tua??
    Some younger QB’s
    Wilson
    Watson
    Carr
    Dak
    And some great older Qb’s
    Brady
    Rogers
    Brees

I can’t think of another time in NFL history that so much talent was at QB.

W.C.Fields
  • Yesterday, I heard a radio show host make the case that Kyler Murray is maybe the 5th best QB in the league this year. He was behind Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson and Brady in no particular order. I kinda found that argument fascinating as he went through the other QB's around the league. He said Roethlisberger, Lamar, Allen and possibly Watson. You could possibly make the case for fifth spot as well.

@Hydrant said:
    Keep an eye on Charger QB Justin Herbert. The Chargers are a mediocre team and they get very little national attention thus Herbert is overlooked and is basically an unknown. Believe me, if he was playing for the Eagles or Cowboys he would be the talk of the town.

Those of us who follow the AFC west know about him. The first start
    he made he was thrust into it right before the game started so he had no preparing
    for it and he was amazing. We'll see how he does the rest of the year but it sure looks
    like the Chargers have their QB for the next 15+ years or so.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

At times Kirk Cousins looks like both the best and the worst.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:
    At times Kirk Cousins looks like both the best and the worst.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

edited November 7, 2020 4:01AM

Herbert is having a great start as is Burrows, and agreed about kyler Murray. He is playing great football especially for an undersized guy.. but I’m not putting him in top 5 though. Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Allen, Lamar Jax are ahead of him in my opinion

@talby128 said:
    Yesterday, I heard a radio show host make the case that Kyler Murray is maybe the 5th best QB in the league this year. He was behind Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson and Brady in no particular order. I kinda found that argument fascinating as he went through the other QB's around the league. He said Roethlisberger, Lamar, Allen and possibly Watson. You could possibly make the case for fifth spot as well.

Welcome to Sports talk 🏈🍻

@perkdog said:

@talby128 said:
    Yesterday, I heard a radio show host make the case that Kyler Murray is maybe the 5th best QB in the league this year. He was behind Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson and Brady in no particular order. I kinda found that argument fascinating as he went through the other QB's around the league. He said Roethlisberger, Lamar, Allen and possibly Watson. You could possibly make the case for fifth spot as well.

Welcome to Sports talk 🏈🍻

I don't see him as number five. What were they saying in defense of that claim ?

@Darin said:

@Hydrant said:

Those of us who follow the AFC west know about him. The first start
    he made he was thrust into it right before the game started so he had no preparing
    for it and he was amazing. We'll see how he does the rest of the year but it sure looks
    like the Chargers have their QB for the next 15+ years or so.

What QB has had the worse luck ever or at least recently? He’s a great guy, a great teammate and leader and can’t get a break. I myself was absolutely thrilled to see him leave Buffalo but,
    Buffalo drafts Allen and he goes to Cleveland where he is named the starter. He gets hurt and Baker Mayfield balls out his first year.
    He goes to the Chargers and someone sticks a needle in his lung and Justin Hubert balls out.
    Poor guy just can’t catch a break.

W.C.Fields
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

He goes to the Chargers and someone sticks a needle in his lung

He's the doc I go to.

I've had shoulder cortisone injections from 5 different orthos, including Kerlan Jobe docs (they do all the best athletes in the world), and the Cleveland Caviliers ortho.

The guy that stuck the QB in the lungs is the best shot giver I've ever had.

• @thisistheshow
    Up until last weekend games, Allen previous couple games haven't been exceptional. (Although, that was before he beat the Seahawks on Sunday.) Lamar Jackson has had couple bad losses this year where he was responsible for their losses. Namely the Steelers lost and some degree the Chiefs as well. Roethlisberger, I believe he felt hasn't played any big competition to get into that convo yet but he keeps winning so that obviously helps.

In terms ok Kyler Murray, his rushing attack makes his hard to plan against. I think he ranked second in rushing yesterday. Also if you looking receiving numbers, Deandre Hopkins was number one in yardage for the season (not sure about this past weekend). But shows how prolific a passer he has been this year.

@talby128 said:
    @thisistheshow
    Up until last weekend games, Allen previous couple games haven't been exceptional. (Although, that was before he beat the Seahawks on Sunday.) Lamar Jackson has had couple bad losses this year where he was responsible for their losses. Namely the Steelers lost and some degree the Chiefs as well. Roethlisberger, I believe he felt hasn't played any big competition to get into that convo yet but he keeps winning so that obviously helps.

In terms ok Kyler Murray, his rushing attack makes his hard to plan against. I think he ranked second in rushing yesterday. Also if you looking receiving numbers, Deandre Hopkins was number one in yardage for the season (not sure about this past weekend). But shows how prolific a passer he has been this year.

I haven't watched enough of Murray to feel like I can place him at a certain number. I have seen enough to think that he looks like he could get a lot of wins. It's hard to quantify exactly how his success will change with age and any possible injury. But I do look at him differently than Jackson.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2020 5:06PM

those not listening to señor galaxy are going to rue the day when it comes to Kyler Murray. being short has never stopped Russell Wilson, and that's whose career Murray's will mirror when the dust settles. he has the most lethal pair of feet of anyone playing the quarterback position, and that includes Lamar Jackson's. he is on pace for a modest 32 touchdowns thru the air, but he's also halfway to 1,100 yards and 16 house calls on the ground. i personally wouldn't put him in my top five quite yet, but it's only a matter of time.

@galaxy27 said:
    those not listening to señor galaxy are going to rue the day when it comes to Kyler Murray. being short has never stopped Russell Wilson, and that's whose career Murray's will mirror when the dust settles. he has the most lethal pair of feet of anyone playing the quarterback position, and that includes Lamar Jackson's. he is on pace for a modest 32 touchdowns thru the air, but he's also halfway to 1,100 yards and 16 house calls on the ground. i personally wouldn't put him in my top five quite yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Like I said, I've seen enough to think he could get a lot of wins. I do not see him, as others, as being in the same vein as Jackson. He's definitely a lot more Wilson than Jackson.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

He's definitely a lot more Wilson than Jackson.

no question about it

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big Ben

Won two SuperBowls, been to three and the team is undefeated thus far.

196/238
    1934 yards
    18 TD/4 INT

No love?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Big Ben

Won two SuperBowls, been to three and the team is undefeated thus far.

196/238
    1934 yards
    18 TD/4 INT

No love?

He's in the top tier for sure. He is playing well. Pittsburgh has a team this year that looks like it could win it all as currently constructed. I haven't checked on the status of his knee. Anyone know?

@galaxy27 said:

Don't worry about it. No one listened to me 3 years ago when my tagline was
    "Collecting Patrick Mahomes rookie cards, the next great NFL quarterback"
    I even said why he was going to be great, the things the Chiefs defensive players were saying about him
    in practice his rookie year. What the Broncos D backs said about him after his first start the last game of his
    rookie year, which I remember very well what one member here said about that, "Well they just want to
    make Alex Smith feel bad by complimenting his backup". LOL.
    But the kicker was when they traded Smith after he led the NFL in passer rating. That said everything, load the boat time.

Now its Joe Burrow time. He's the best of the new crop, just doesn't get as much attention because his team sucks.
    But I would bet anything they would be 0-8 like the Jets if they didn't have him.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21