Home Sports Talk

Milestone reached for Tom Brady

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tonights game featured probably the dumbest commercial I have ever seen . The girl dancing on a roof top , and it was also , at 45 minutes , the longest commercial ever made . Longer than the shamwow guy.

Pandemic cancelled dance recital Amazon to the rescue !!

• Title of thread in no way represents the content of this post

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love a good shamwow reference. My wife and I make shamwow jokes to this day.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current Tom Brady interceptions in this debacle called a football game, 3.
    Didn't think I would have to stop watching this game because of an inept Tampa offense.

Tampa no longer a Super Bowl contender, replaced by the Saints.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, I don’t think this will be year for a home team playing in the Super Bowl.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

You guys give up on Tom after one game? We should know better by now.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the at home with Baker Mayfield commercials. He lives at the Browns stadium. 😂😂

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in need of an updated seesaw picture. Good thing for @erikthredd there was no repeat avatar bet.

edited November 9, 2020 8:20AM

@doubledragon said:
    I like the at home with Baker Mayfield commercials. He lives at the Browns stadium. 😂😂

I think those commercials leave a little meat on the bone, if that makes sense.

Edit to add: I see the humor. I'm not even complaining because they are so incessant. But the writing and acting seem to be done by people who don't quite understand taking care of a home, so some things are slightly off to me. It's a small point that I am sure many would disagree with.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    I'm in need of an updated seesaw picture. Good thing for @erikthredd there was no repeat avatar bet.

Did Tom Brady even play last night? ;)
    That might have been one of his top 5 worst performances of his career. At least he didn’t add to his Pick Six totals.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

ugly, ugly game. no excuses. just a stinker.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will say though that two of those picks weren’t really Tom’s fault. That one where two defenders tipped it to a third guy was just awful luck. Then the play where Brown stopped running his route was on him although Brown did save a pick earlier in the game. That last one was an absolute “WTF were you thinking Tom?” moment.
    You know that this horrible performance will marinate over the next week and he’s likely to come back with a big game vs the Panthers next weekend.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't win 'em all.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

It's not just Brady, it's the whole NFL I have given up on. I would rather play POGO on my computer than watch football!

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:

@thisistheshow said:

It's not just Brady, it's the whole NFL I have given up on. I would rather play POGO on my computer than watch football!

POGO sucks since EA sports took it over ;)

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    I will say though that two of those picks weren’t really Tom’s fault. That one where two defenders tipped it to a third guy was just awful luck.

I dunno, pretty sure it's the quarterback's job to not throw it where two defenders can tip it.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never considered tipped balls the fault of the quarterback. Be they thrown by brady or any other qb.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Tampa team is an enigma. One week they totally dominate the Bret Farve and the Green Bay Packers. Then they can barely get by the lowly New York Giants. Then they get completely blown out but the New Orleans Saints. You might have expected them to lose a close game, even at home, but that performance was a major embarrassment.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@tommyrusty7 said:

@thisistheshow said:

Some of the games are fun to play and take up some time where I used to watch football. It also only cost $40 for the whole year.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:

@bronco2078 said:

@tommyrusty7 said:

@thisistheshow said:

Some of the games are fun to play and take up some time where I used to watch football. It also only cost $40 for the whole year.

i go all the way back to 1998 playing checkers and spades over dial up internet but I stopped about 4 years ago. First it was java needs upgrade every 3 weeks then flash then your windows XP wont work now you probably need windows 10 >:)

no more badge wednesdays for me

i loved spades, canasta, pinochle, lottso , the word game with the bees ?

peak pogo for me was between 2005 and 2013 or so

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Party Poker was my jam lol

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Party Poker was my jam lol

Between them and Full Tilt, I made enough to pay for my wedding in one weekend. B) Think I've still got a bunch of Party Poker swag (backpack, shirts, hats) from whatever their bonus program was before they forced US cashouts.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    The Tampa team is an enigma. One week they totally dominate the Bret Farve and the Green Bay Packers. Then they can barely get by the lowly New York Giants. Then they get completely blown out but the New Orleans Saints. You might have expected them to lose a close game, even at home, but that performance was a major embarrassment.

Before we write off Tampa as a total loss let me play devils advocate. New QB, no preseason, no workouts.
    Tampa Bay record 6-3. 1/2 game out of 1st in division. I know they lose the tie breaker.
    Tampa Bay last year 3-7. Lost twice to the Saints. Lost to the GIANTS!
    They still make the playoffs with 9 wins going 3-4 or 10 wins 4-3.
    Of course they don’t sniff the Super Bowl but isn’t 10-6 a successful season or was it this year or nothing? Brady plays one more year if he feels they’ve mad progress?
    Ask Jacksonville, the Texans or Patriots if they’d take 6-3 right about now.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.