Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this how 1975 Roosevelt Dime no S proof coin looks like😉

Look 👀 she was playing hide and seek with me, just found her with her soulmate 😉

I thought let’s give you a good night special 🙏✌️👈

Comments

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea doesn't look like a proof. Just a regular business strike.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m confused.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, no copper clad? strike on silver planchet?

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davewesen said:
    wow, no copper clad? strike on silver planchet?

It is there, just not obvious.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    I’m confused.

That's the whole point, my friend.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

No cameo effect. No mirrored fields. No frosty devices.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 11:46PM

@SonnyCher said:
    Jokes a part ; everyone in the coin universe is amazing, I am learning a lot and hats 🎩 off to you all for your sense of humour, and lots of respect for your decades of experience in coin collection. Never meant to hurt anyone’s feelings, or make them feel bad, we all have our good, and bad days but, overall I much appreciate your intake, and efforts for directing me towards the right path 🙏✌️👈

On the other hand 🖐; every single word when
    each one of you type here, or by just visiting what I have posted means a lot, and couldn’t thank you enough from the bottom of my heart ❤️

No sarcasm, jokes , or 🥾 polish but a true and genuine thanks 🙏

God bless, and I will post another 1975 no S proof picture tomorrow which looks close to this one :)✌️

Any fingerprint experts in the house? We may have our man!🔎

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you found it in change, it's an almost certainty that it isn't a No S proof. In order to reach circulation, somebody would have to have been lucky enough to receive one of the handful of the 2.8 million sets with a no S dime, break it open, then spend the coins.

Do you think that's what happened to your dime, or do you think it could be one of the 585 million 1975 business strike dimes that were minted in Philadelphia with no mintmark and released into circulation?

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1975-10c-no-s/5254

if you're reading those "Get rich from picket change" web sites, Stop! The rarely give you all the information.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unreal 😝

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you weighed the dime or checked specific gravity? Had it checked with a meal analyzer? Unlikely that you have a proof dime, but those are steps you will need to take to confirm or negate your thoughts. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

the below is a 1975 no S proof Dime

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1975 No S can only be found on a proof coin.
    MS or uncirculated coins don't count.

• Options
    edited November 6, 2020 7:36AM

. . business strike. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Proof

What's a proof coin?

A newly minted proof coin is made that causes a difference in appearance and qualifies it as a "proof". To understand this, let's look at how coins are made. Coins are produced when two dies strike a blank piece of metal with tremendous force. One die is engraved with the front (obverse) design for the coin. The other die has the back (reverse) coin design on it.

A proof coin is made with a specially polished and treated die!

By treating the die in a special way, the coins it produces have a different appearance. Modern technology allows the high points on the coin design to be acid treated (on the die). The background (field) design of the coin die is polished, resulting in a mirror-like look on the coin it strikes. This gives the finished coin a frosted look (frosting) on the raise parts of the design, with a mirror like finish on the background. This contrasting finish is often called "cameo". (See picture above.) On some older coins a cameo appearance is quite rare. The attribute "CAM", when added to a coin's description, means cameo appearance. "DCAM" means deep cameo, and indicates the cameo appearance is strong and easy to observe.

Proof coins are struck twice, or more!

Not only are proofs made using specially treated dies, each coin is struck two or more times by the coin die. By striking it more than once the metal is forced into all the crevices of the die, thereby giving a very fine detail to the image on the coin. This fine detail does not appear on some non-proof coins.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 12:57AM

Nice ...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Willful ignorance?

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you buy that coin, with your money, as a 1975 no S proof??
    The question is rhetorical, unless it isn't.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 12:02AM

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, I agree.

We know they are normal coins, OP knows they are normal coins, and they know that we know.

Now where is that fishing lure photo that makes an appearance in cases like this? ;)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does don't feed the trolls count here?

• Options

@SonnyCher said:

When I am not certain of things I do not put it here 😉

God bless, and let me know your expertise verdict tomorrow morning, till then Have a great night and God bless🙏✌️👈

In another thread you posted something then later said you were joking.

you also have information above to differentiate a proof no s dime from a business strike.

you have the information. we cannot operate you to make you read and see the differences. it is up to you to decide what you have.

• Options

it is here:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12747693/#Comment_12747693

you admit you knew the coin posted was not what you were asking about.

• Options

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12747718/#Comment_12747718

@SonnyCher said:

Joe Biden won == cheers RickO lolz

you mean taunting like this?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that the OP should send the coin to PCGS for verification and grading.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2020 7:48AM

@ChrisH821 said:
    Would you buy that coin, with your money, as a 1975 no S proof??
    The question is rhetorical, unless it isn't.

this is a question, not taunting

• Options

you ask if something is such and such.

the reply is not a good coin, spend it.

that is your answer.

also, on two different threads you have been given detailed explanations and have shown not to have utilized the information. further, one of the two threads you said you knew it wasn't such and such and was just joking.

take the "spend it" replies as they are answering the basic question.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@giantsfan20 said:
    Everbody just ignore this fool. All he or she wants is to get a response out of all you.

Without any responses it will go away perhaps.

Agree and it would seem they would be very happy if they could take even 1 member with them when the hammer falls. :/

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

hi everyone - free yourselves from this nonsense, as it seems mods won't boot this fool

click on their name, click on 👤🔻, click ignore - poof - nonsense stops

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    hi everyone - free yourselves from this nonsense, as it seems mods won't boot this fool

click on their name, click on 👤🔻, click ignore - poof - nonsense stops

Thank you and done.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he's posting on the wrong thread. It should be under the " THIS THREAD NEEDS A LITTLE HUMOR " thread.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@giantsfan20 said:
    Everbody just ignore this fool. All he or she wants is to get a response out of all you.

Without any responses it will go away perhaps.

Agree and it would seem they would be very happy if they could take even 1 member with them when the hammer falls. :/

Yes, we've seen that before.

This discussion has been closed.