Home Precious Metals

US MINT Site Crash

Been trying to buy Gold V75 and cant even sign in to my account. Once again the little guy loses????

MIKE B.

Comments

• Mike59Mike59 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

Error 1015 Ray ID: 5ed830ffaba0ccc2 • 2020-11-05 17:10:59 UTC
    You are being rate limited
    What happened?
    The owner of this website (catalog.usmint.gov) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

Anybody else getting this ?

MIKE B.

• ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

@Mike59 said:
    Error 1015 Ray ID: 5ed830ffaba0ccc2 • 2020-11-05 17:10:59 UTC
    You are being rate limited
    What happened?
    The owner of this website (catalog.usmint.gov) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

Anybody else getting this ?

Yup. Cant beat the big guys.

Sorry, you have been blocked
    You are unable to access usmint.gov

Above was us Mint last Message and my last try:
    And I thought I only get blocked by my wife.
    Did anybody form this forum get any?

MIKE B.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

site crashed with about 5 minutes prior to release
    was going to use a gift certificate and was waiting to add item into my cart
    CRUNCH!
    The page changes to a "Captiva" id requirement page and then I am denied access
    I am so done with the mint
    When things somehow get back to normal and I can talk to a real person, I will see if I can get a refund on my Gift Card.
    :/:s

Kennedys are my quest...

• tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, what you experienced happened to nearly everyone. The thread in the U.S. Coin Forum gives a pretty good story on the happenings and frustrations experienced. Gold sold out within 5 minutes, and silver in 1.5 hours; as someone pointed out, if the computers worked properly, the sell outs would have happened much sooner.

----- kj
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 7:24PM

The mint thwarted the "refresh page" trick by treating it as a bot.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah,... that's why I didn't get hit with the banning message.... when it froze, or I got the 'something went wrong' message, i retyped usmint.com and came in fresh. Didn't do me a whole lot of good though,....

----- kj
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

what dreck are you guys trying to flip?

you can buy them from lipton after he gets the first strike labels :D

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, bronco................the idea was to buy a coin for $2,600 (plus the 3 or 4 hours of constant aggravation), in order to sell the coin for an easy 8 or 10 grand. The fun part was when you get kicked out and banned from the process for trying to purchase something from the gubmint Mint.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

U.S. Mint : "cash site", for some. And for some of us; a lesson in futility.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 11:41PM

I was lucky enough to get a silver eagle. Had the gold in my cart but site crashed during checkout.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

For giggles I tried to get the silver. Got the site to load exactly once before it crapped out on me.

edited November 6, 2020 5:45AM

$70 an ounce silver ? > @jmski52 said:

Well, bronco................the idea was to buy a coin for $2,600 (plus the 3 or 4 hours of constant aggravation), in order to sell the coin for an easy 8 or 10 grand. The fun part was when you get kicked out and banned from the process for trying to purchase something from the gubmint Mint.

I should talk I still have 2 of the 2011 5 eagle sets :D i wonder if they are all milk spots I haven't looked at them since 2011

@jmski52 said:

just swing by the lottery store and buy a book of tickets WEEEEEEEEE!

sell to who ? and pay taxes ? Hard pass :D

• mynamespatmynamespat Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@jmski52 said:

just swing by the lottery store and buy a book of tickets WEEEEEEEEE!

sell to who ? and pay taxes ? Hard pass :D

That would be a great analogy_ if_ there are a limited number of lottery tickets sold on a first come/first serve basis and every one of them is guaranteed to be a big winner.

who is offering 8,000 for what is lets face it a run of the mill coin which is not rare or old?

an ounce of $1900 gold and a 6000 dollar privy mark? Privy marks now ? we are doing privy marks ? What are we Canada? :D Is it the year of the monkey? Let me buy some gold eagles and hand carve a little privy stamp and ill be the next ben bernanke!

According to the mint site the 1 oz silver proof ASE is $73 now :D:D:D

I have a full run up to 2018 I guess its time to sell those , looks like no one will ever collect them again :(

Pinehurst sent me a solicitation for $6,000, but I've read $8,000 and $10,000 being bandied about. Paying tax on a gain is better than no gain, (at least that's what I've been told).

With all the free money from the Fed, this is alot like bread & circuses for coin collectors - to keep us from paying attention to the real trainwreck that's going on.

I knew it would happen.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok im lost now, wheres the 1,945 that were made?

What is the best cash offer ?

There are several of the gold coins being bid at well over $8,000 on ebay as we speak. I wouldn't pay that, or even half of that, but hey - demand is what it is.

I knew it would happen.

ya im not buying or selling anything for 8000 on ebay sounds like a good way to lose 8000 or 10,500 dollars pretty quick :D

Just saw this on EBAY
    $20,000 or Best Offer:

2020 American Gold Eagle Proof 1oz coin V75 End of WWII 75th Anniv

NOT HEALTHY FOR COIN COLLECTING.... More like scratch off lottery tickets
    IMHO

MIKE B.